Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin recent boom tracing back to Mt Gox + FTX/celsius/terra  (Read 161 times)
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2023, 11:05:34 PM

EVERYTHING effects the markets. It only becomes obvious once you look back, but not during

You clearly did not look at the charts at all. No offense but your just full of it.

I never said certain events don't affect price, I saw the same with BSV fork and drop to $3.2K as well as Bakt launch at $14K, other key events also clearly affected price in the immediate term. Like Tesla buying Bitcoin at $30K causing the price to reach $65K. It definiately accelerated the bull market - but price reachsed that level again by the end of the year anyway, so that was always a target it seems.

However as I said, I only see it as affecting price short-term. It can accelerate price movements for example. Without hedge fund liquidations price may have held higher levels for longer, but reaching $15K imo was still likely going to happen by the end of the year even if price capitulated much later. Maybe without the FTX sell-off then price could have held $17.5K, but price had started to look bearish already so...

My response to pooya87 had little to do with your initial post tbh. I just pointed out how so far in 2022 bear market whereby price has dropped -77% Bitcoin has performed better under the conditions of inflation than previously in 2014 and 2018 when price dropped -83%. I really don't see how anyone can argue any differently at the moment. Whether a recession causes prices to go lower than usual is a different story.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████