Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: El Salvador Approve LongpAwaited Bitcoin bond  (Read 193 times)
yudi09

Activity: 1134
Merit: 741

Rollbit - Crypto Futures

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 09:48:27 AM

What is your opinion?

Anything other than Bitcoin I don't think can match Bitcoin itself.
If we're not mistaken, on November 17, 2022 it was reported that El Salvador submitted a bill for a law on launching Bitcoin-backed "volcano" bonds.
If there is a connection with what you mean, then in my positive view they are very serious in shaping the economy through this route because since El Salvador was led by Nayib Bukele, El Salvador became the first country to adopt Bitcoin.

When the government of El Salvador through the minister of economy submitted the bill to the legislature, it hoped that it could be legalized quickly.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 10:08:12 AM
Merited by yudi09 (1)

What is your opinion?

If we're not mistaken, on November 17, 2022 it was reported that El Salvador submitted a bill for a law on launching Bitcoin-backed "volcano" bonds.
If there is a connection with what you mean, then in my positive view they are very serious in shaping the economy through this route because since El Salvador was led by Nayib Bukele, El Salvador became the first country to adopt Bitcoin.

When the government of El Salvador through the minister of economy submitted the bill to the legislature, it hoped that it could be legalized quickly.

i personally wasnt staying upto date about all the bills. as they kept getting postponed. but if they wanted a quick signing. then hopes should be, that the 'quickness' you mention.. is a sign they are going to go into a buying frenzy while coins remain cheap and dont wait out another 6 months to buy at highs again.
if they can buy cheap near the $20k area then they will reap the benefits later and that will help them accelerate their projects like geo-thermal energy and renewable mining.
which if they can become a notable amount of hashpower on the network can help strengthen the bitcoin "bottom" value to a new raised amount compared to previous years raises

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
yudi09

Activity: 1134
Merit: 741

Rollbit - Crypto Futures

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 10:51:56 AM

What is your opinion?

i personally wasnt staying upto date about all the bills. as they kept getting postponed. but if they wanted a quick signing. then hopes should be, that the 'quickness' you mention.. is a sign they are going to go into a buying frenzy while coins remain cheap and dont wait out another 6 months to buy at highs again.
if they can buy cheap near the $20k area then they will reap the benefits later and that will help them accelerate their projects like geo-thermal energy and renewable mining.
which if they can become a notable amount of hashpower on the network can help strengthen the bitcoin "bottom" value to a new raised amount compared to previous years raises
Regarding that, initially my mind had crossed there, but because I consider what the government of El Salvador is doing regarding the adoption of Bitcoin to be very positive for the advancement of their economy.
Is it a sign that they are trying to turn the steering wheel in the other direction?

Because either way, I'm very happy to see efforts to advance the country's economy through Bitcoin. And I strongly disagree if there are other efforts behind the positive efforts made by them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 11:18:32 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2023, 02:33:15 AM by franky1

late 2021
el-salv president bought ~2400 of actual bitcoin
this was for "government assets"

which it would allow its citizens to claim $30 allotments of.
the problem was they foolishly used blockstreams LIGHTNING as the backbone payment network of chivo. it could not cope with that amount

which by december 2021 was showing alot of complaints about lightning bottlenecks.. they soon dropped lightning and went for a CEX to manage the backbone of operations of payments

they also wanted to use blockstreams LIQUID for the bonds project.
the issue. and still remains an issue is that the liquid network does not have $1b worth of coin on its network
it only has ~4000 (l-btc)
https://blockstream.info/liquid/asset/6f0279e9ed041c3d710a9f57d0c02928416460c4b722ae3457a11eec381c526d

this caused more delays and change of plans

so i hope el-salv is actually going to buy actual bitcoins and avoid that blockstream subnetwork crap phishing themselves as being "bitcoin" but failing to actually work for el-salv

the idea for the bond is.
have bonds that they can sell for $$ to commercial banks around the world to then use that $$ income to partial buy btc
and...
build their geo thermal power plant. and then mine bitcoin and give back earnings/profit to the bond holders

however the smart plan is to issue bonds to buy bitcoin. and let the bitcoin price appreciate and then use the profits from the appreciation for the power plant, and then have coins left over to keep the bond holders happy while the build is occuring. and later refill the btc pot with mining rewards..

but lets see how they play it out

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: