Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:55:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My Cold Keys Just Got Swiped! All Cold Kuntz!!  (Read 11981 times)
Suzuki Matt
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:26:01 AM

I'm currently peeling all my CKs. one QR is not possible to scan. have cleaned it from impurity but still does not work. any other possibility to redeem the funds? can't find the private key elsewhere on the CK under the hologram.

Try a different wallet (QR Scanner) I tried to import one into exodus and it wouldnt pick it up. But then I imported it to a Ballet easily. IDK if yours is doing the same. But thats how I got mine to scan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Suzuki Matt
Copper Member

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:29:20 AM
Merited by ABCbits (2), JayJuanGee (1)

For anyone trying to peel. I found the best way is a sharp knife into the corner of the holo. There is a clear plastic covering over the holo. If you can get under it and pop up the corner it peels with ease. I actually like how he did the holo once you peel one its super easy to do.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:31:51 AM

A card that should have been funded was unfunded? Which is that?
It was the History 2021-03 #15
Unreal.

I just found an unfunded history 2020-2 #31
Never realized because all the others are indeed funded (at least for now).

What a rollercoaster of emotions this evening.  Cry

For anyone trying to peel. I found the best way is a sharp knife into the corner of the holo. There is a clear plastic covering over the holo. If you can get under it and pop up the corner it peels with ease. I actually like how he did the holo once you peel one its super easy to do.
Nice tip. Will try it with the next one.
My daemon cards peeled look like a gutshot, just the holo above the QR is off but the sourrounding rest still "intact".

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Suzuki Matt
Copper Member

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:32:30 AM

Not yet swept CK product. should i  Cry ?
might owlcatz could make some things here please.

I didn't take any chances and I peeled all of mine. At the end of the day. ColdKey is a scam and they are useless now in my opinion. Why lose more to them? Is what im thinking.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2023, 12:39:14 AM
Merited by geophphreigh (1)

By the way, thank you YodasRedRocket for sharing the information as quickly as you did!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
geophphreigh
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:40:01 AM

Finished peeling all my funded cards. Ballet card/app worked great.
I found 6 that were never funded. The two most recent history 3 card sets, 2021.2 and 2021.3
Just so angry and sad all at the same time.

geo
YodasRedRocket (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 663
Merit: 562

Nobody dies a virgin… Life fucks us all.

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:42:03 AM
Merited by raritycheck (5), hopenotlate (1), DdmrDdmr (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), Kryptowerk (1), Mbitr (1), geophphreigh (1)

By the way, thank you YodasRedRocket for sharing the information as quickly as you did!

Man… if I saved some people from losing their hard earned bits… I feel much better about my loss.  It’s tough in this crypto game sometimes, we gotta look out for eachother ✌🏼

As for Yoda, I intend to block you on Twitter. Please be mindful of your language, as using terms as "bitchh" reflects poorly on you. ~ 1HoDLUrFuNdZ
123Dave
Copper Member

Activity: 192
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:42:52 AM

How do i send my BTC from a cold key?:
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2023, 12:43:41 AM

How do i send my BTC from a cold key?:
You cut around the hologram on the back with a sharp knife and pry it open (making sure not to scratch the QR code underneath). The QR code contains the private key which you can sweep with Ballet Wallet/Coinomi/Mycelium/etc.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
SatsLife

Activity: 787
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2023, 12:55:21 AM

peeled all mine. only thing that was stolen was the silver halving. everything else was funded.

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:56:19 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2023, 01:03:58 PM by Kryptowerk

I found 6 that were never funded. The two most recent history 3 card sets, 2021.2 and 2021.3

geo
Man, that's insane. 6 unfunded from the get-go? Way too many to just be a sloppy mistake.
Sorry to hear it. Yes, angry and sad, what a toxic cocktail of feelings. Same here.

[...]
I just found an unfunded history 2020-2 #31
Never realized because all the others are indeed funded (at least for now).
Also had another unfunded one: A cryptobond that was just recently unlocked (6th of Jan 2023). Even after successful broadcast the pub key doesn't show any balance. The earlier cryptobond from 2021 worked.
Total funds lost: 0.0065 + 0.0025 so far.

Anyone else tried the cryptobonds that were unlocked a week ago? I wonder if any of them are funded. (update: 2023 crypto bond will be accessible in June this year)

/It's very late here, signing out for today. Good night.

Edit: cryptobonds probably still fine.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
123Dave
Copper Member

Activity: 192
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 12:59:42 AM

Ballet wallet will not recognize it
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 486
Merit: 42

Holder of last resort

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 01:02:34 AM

Also BlueWallet on iPhone will allow you to import QR code private keys

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 01:02:59 AM

Ballet wallet will not recognize it

If you got android, download Coinomi wallet.
I would advise using it long-term. However you can very easily sweep a wallet with it and then transfer the funds later to a secure cold-storage device such as a Trezor wallet.
I think iOS version also exists.

Also BlueWallet on iPhone will allow you to import QR code private keys
Or Bluewallet - actually good option, it is lightning compatible!

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 01:03:49 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (9), DarkStar_ (7), LoyceV (6), NotATether (5), LeGaulois (3), ABCbits (3), dkbit98 (3), DaveF (2), DdmrDdmr (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), suchmoon (1), SFR10 (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Since people are blowing up my phone  all day about this...

I DID speak (SCREAM AT?!!) yogg - Turns out, he found an old set of the private key files for the silver sets.

Long story short to which I will add documentation once I edit the 4 page screenshot of conversation of personal stuff out...

1. Yogg is a (unbeknownst to me, until today, as he hides his personality traits well apparently) total degenerate gambler. He said he first lost the raffle funds gambling, then he found a file with only the silver card keys (He said those were the only ones that were ever kept by accident on a file because they were done differently at the time as they were funded in blocks, and so he he saidh he only had the keys from the silver block that funded those cards.

He said he's done, he has no more keys. He always destroyed them, and THIS is why, as someone pointed out in the interview in a way...

He said nothing more can/will move, but hey.... how can we trust him rigth?

Anyhow, this totally sucks, I was literally screaming at him on the phone, and if you know me on this forum, just imagine what a royal cunt I can be to somone who's just essentially ripped me off who I thought was a close friend.

Not in his defense, but he was crying the whole time and claaims he was wasted and can't believe he did it himself. Again, no history keys should be affected, but do your own thinking there, can't blame anybody.

I'm mostly pissed off that he destroyed both his life, this project, and literally wiped out investors & the future value of the cards. Sad

If you feel ripped off, feel free to create scam accusations. He claims he will not be back here ever, he knows he destroyed everything and everyone.

So... After demanding he come here and address it, he refused, to which I said I would post the entire conversation here, (Which I will once I have energy/time tomorrow).

Anyhow... End of... So yeah - Great FUCKING job Yogg, you fucked everything up - What a foold, and what a fuckign nightmare. I also lost a friend, or someone whom I was close with so the burn is hard. 🔥

Sorry, update with convo screenshot tomorrow, I'm out, I can't deal with this rn.. But, that's all I know really in a nutshell, other than me screaming at him in the conversation etc etc...

If you want to to report this to his local authorities, you can contact the Rouen FR, Police Dept here:

Police Nationale
Police department in Rouen, France
Address: 44 Bd de l'Yser, 76000 Rouen, France
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30 AM
Phone: +33 2 35 07 85 70

Thanks... & sorry, I'm just as pissed and angry as the rest of you, probably even more so... Sad

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2023, 01:05:09 AM

Anyone else tried the cryptobonds that were unlocked a week ago? I wonder if any of them are funded.

My second bond unlocks in June of 2023

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1965

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 01:08:50 AM

geo

Sorry bud. I relate 100% - I haven't been burned by a "friend" like this so hard ever... Sad

still in disbelief TBH... Huh

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 01:11:11 AM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (5)

Since people are blowing up my phone  all day about this...

I DID speak (SCREAM AT?!!) yogg - Turns out, he found an old set of the private key files for the silver sets.

Long story short to which I will add documentation once I edit the 4 page screenshot of conversation of personal stuff out...

1. Yogg is a (unbeknownst to me, until today, as he hides his personality traits well apparently) total degenerate gambler. He said he first lost the raffle funds gambling, then he found a file with only the silver card keys (He said those were the only ones that were ever kept by accident on a file because they were done differently at the time as they were funded in blocks, and so he he saidh he only had the keys from the silver block that funded those cards.

He said he's done, he has no more keys. He always destroyed them, and THIS is why, as someone pointed out in the interview in a way...

He said nothing more can/will move, but hey.... how can we trust him rigth?

Anyhow, this totally sucks, I was literally screaming at him on the phone, and if you know me on this forum, just imagine what a royal cunt I can be to somone who's just essentially ripped me off who I thought was a close friend.

Not in his defense, but he was crying the whole time and claaims he was wasted and can't believe he did it himself. Again, no history keys should be affected, but do your own thinking there, can't blame anybody.

I'm mostly pissed off that he destroyed both his life, this project, and literally wiped out the future value of the cards. Sad

If you feel ripped off, feel free to create scam accusations. He claims he will not be back here ever, he knows he destroyed everything and everyone.

So... After demanding he come here and address it, he refused, to which I said I would post the entire conversation here, (Which I will once I have energy/time tomorrow).

Anyhow... End of... So yeah - Great FUCKING job Yogg, you fucked everything up - What a foold, and what a fuckign nightmare. I also lost a friend, or someone whom I was close with so the burn is hard. 🔥

Sorry, update with convo screenshot tomorrow, I'm out, I can't deal with this rn.. But, that's all I know really in a nutshell, other than me screaming at him in the conversation etc etc...

If you want to to report this to his local authorities, you can contact the Rouen FR, Police Dept here:

Police Nationale
Police department in Rouen, France
Address: 44 Bd de l'Yser, 76000 Rouen, France
Closed ⋅ Opens 8:30 AM
Phone: +33 2 35 07 85 70

Thanks... & sorry, I'm just as pissed and angry as the rest of you, probably even more so... Sad
My goodness. What a horror of a story. No words.

I know this may sound crazy given people were ripped off by a gambler but does he have anyone to look after him. You know where I am going, this may seem like no-solution situation and as fked as it is I believe it can still be fixed (incl. his addiction), even though that may take years and possibly jailtime / community service, what-do-I-know.
But still, any chance there is a relative or someone that can take care of him? Sounds like he would/could need that right now.
Damn, honestly no words.

Anyone else tried the cryptobonds that were unlocked a week ago? I wonder if any of them are funded.

My second bond unlocks in June of 2023
Oops, okay, my mistake, dates read differently here in Europe, lol and I thought it's 6th of Jan, but guess 1st of June makes more sense anyway.

Okay, now really signing out for today, that was a bit much. o_0
And thanks for talking to yogg, owl.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2199

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2023, 01:19:37 AM

There are people stating the he other sets were swept as well - can those people verify this claim?

And what about orders that were paid and never shipped - i am owed 25 cards - rather have a refund of the funds but my guess is thats gone - along with any chance of getting the loan repaid

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5910

Meh.

View Profile
January 13, 2023, 01:20:35 AM
Merited by hopenotlate (1)

Welp, that sucks. If you are personally at a loss from this I do believe you should take legal action as it seems to me that it's premeditated.. Can't believe a degen gambler just "happens" to find a file of privatekeys and decides to sweep it all. Alcohol/drugs besides there's no excuse for causing others financial harm. Yuk.

Also, feel bad for you @cygan, being put as the new CEO of coldkey while yogg likely knew he was going to fuck people over. Absolutely disgusted.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: