Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:08:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Olien_17 - spammer and likely account farmer  (Read 91 times)
BenCodie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:15:51 PM

Username: Olien_17
Likely alt accounts: Suma1978, Alik2001, Adam1898 (and possibly more, I have not looked too far outside of the examples that seemed blatant to me (explained below).

While browsing the latest posts in Is Blockchain a Good Career? yesterday, I first found Suma1978 and Olien_17 posting oddly similarly:

It seems to me that this is a good career, since this is the future
it seems to me that this career is going into the future and people who understand it are already standing for their future

I made a joke about the oddness in a post and moved on.

Then today I found Olien_17 and two other newbies with very similar weightless posts one after the other in a rather quick succession:

It is always necessary to develop, this topic is not only interesting, but can also bring a very good profit

the topic is interesting, and can bring very useful knowledge, which in turn will bring you money.

Yes, but you need to understand this topic very well

The odd similarity is the short effortless post content and the punctuation. It is slightly less obvious than the first example though in my eyes it is was enough to conclude at least that Olien_17 is spamming and using more than one account. I won't say for sure that the other mentioned users are him or involved though I do think it is a pretty safe assumption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 4279

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:27:30 PM
Merited by BenCodie (1)

You must like this button.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BenCodie (OP)
Legendary

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:33:19 PM
Merited by lovesmayfamilis (1)

You must like this button.

I wasn't sure whether reporting would just have the posts removed or if it would also deal with the user and the other accounts. I just reported all of the posts. Should I lock this thread? Also in the future, do these matters get handled without a thread entirely if you just use the report button or do the posts just get removed?
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 4279

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:40:20 PM

All three accounts were created on the same day, and if they write short one-line posts that do not add any news value, just report them to the moderator as rule number one.
1. No zero or low value

If you see something like this, feel free to complain to the moderator, without creating topics.

Edit: Accounts 4, but these are clear alternative accounts. Smiley sorry

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BenCodie (OP)
Legendary

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 05:45:03 PM

All three accounts were created on the same day, and if they write short one-line posts that do not add any news value, just report them to the moderator as rule number one.
1. No zero or low value

If you see something like this, feel free to complain to the moderator, without creating topics.

My apologies. I haven't felt compelled to do this since I became active here again. Thread locked and noted for the future!
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2023, 07:44:15 PM

I wasn't sure whether reporting would just have the posts removed or if it would also deal with the user and the other accounts. I just reported all of the posts.
Related accounts is not against forum rules, but newbies can get nuked if they are caught spamming the forum, which is what happened in this case as you can see on modlog.

Also in the future, do these matters get handled without a thread entirely if you just use the report button or do the posts just get removed?
If you provide sufficient information in the report then the mods can take appropriate action.
There is also a thread to report plagiarism if you suspect a ban evasion.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BenCodie (OP)
Legendary

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
January 24, 2023, 07:55:48 PM

I wasn't sure whether reporting would just have the posts removed or if it would also deal with the user and the other accounts. I just reported all of the posts.
Related accounts is not against forum rules, but newbies can get nuked if they are caught spamming the forum, which is what happened in this case as you can see on modlog.

Also in the future, do these matters get handled without a thread entirely if you just use the report button or do the posts just get removed?
If you provide sufficient information in the report then the mods can take appropriate action.
There is also a thread to report plagiarism if you suspect a ban evasion.

I spoke with lovesmayfamilis a bit more about the topic via PM after I thought that I had closed this thread. The replies were almost on par! Thank you for your reply anyway  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: