Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't get scammed because of wallet upgrade  (Read 234 times)
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 11:52:10 AM

Common used trick by hackers so verify always what we read online specially when the message came from spam folder on email since mostly they sent a message there. Much better ask the support of the website to know if the upgrade is legitimate and we will not fall on fake upgrade sites which compromise all our funds.
Always verify what you download. Unfortunately very little people do verification for their download files.

At least, if they do verify it, they must do it right at first. Knowing what is official website and get link to download from an official website is a first safe step to do.

Officially visit websites & download apps, not fake ones.

Exactly some users fail to do this because if they are ro innocent for this they are to lazy to seek for further information about what notice they receive. If majority just have critical thinking towards this and always know what to do especially when receiving a unwanted or verifiable information for sure they never get victim on this kind of schemes.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luzin

Activity: 1428
Merit: 779

View Profile
January 25, 2023, 01:26:10 PM

Exactly some users fail to do this because if they are ro innocent for this they are to lazy to seek for further information about what notice they receive. If majority just have critical thinking towards this and always know what to do especially when receiving a unwanted or verifiable information for sure they never get victim on this kind of schemes.

In fact I always suspect if there are emails about wallets and any kind related to Crypto. Unless I'm right to do that myself. Because I always pin the sites I visit. It's one of the methods I use to avoid scam sites. I also often overlook emails that I thought were useless, not from my job. Because they always communicate with me if they send an email. Although the current model of criminals is very diverse, the important thing is to always be vigilant, don't trust anyone in the online world. In addition, I also rarely use metamask, trust wallet to connect with Airdorop sites or other exchanges.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Queentoshi

Activity: 742
Merit: 308

View Profile
January 26, 2023, 09:20:25 PM

When it comes to upgrading of any application, do it from only trusted sources like your app store. Deciding to search for updates randomly on the internet can be a bad idea because you cannot tell when you will fall into the net of scammers. If I can receive random calls from scammers asking me to confirm my banking card by calling the numbers behind, I do not see why receiving strange and suspicious emails should be strange. Those people have access to even things we do not know.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
January 26, 2023, 09:34:36 PM

I am pretty sure that the metamask team has no mail ID and also the wallet never ask for email address when creating a new wallet account, so the question is how did they get your email address? This is a RED FLAG.
They don't collect your email from meta mask for sure. Scammers who use email for scams collect your email from different crypto-related websites and forums where you set your email address public. They send automated emails to their collected email list.
This thing needed to be shared for the awareness of many forum members here.
lalabotax

Activity: 1526
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
January 26, 2023, 09:47:32 PM

Thanks for sharing this experience. This will help and remind us to be more careful.

Again, this trick may work for people who are less skilled or new. Because they assume that the notification is real from Metamask or another online wallet email. However, actually, when we are going to upgrade an application, wouldn't it be better if we immediately confirmed it when opening the application? Usually, there will be an immediate upgrade notification or application update when we open the application. So we'll know when we need it. But once again, when it comes to e-mail, we really have to be vigilant because scammers can camouflage themselves to be like official e-mails with very small and unnoticed e-mail differences.

capedbaldy

Activity: 831
Merit: 286

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
January 26, 2023, 10:34:53 PM

They don't collect your email from meta mask for sure. Scammers who use email for scams collect your email from different crypto-related websites and forums where you set your email address public. They send automated emails to their collected email list.
This thing needed to be shared for the awareness of many forum members here.
It's very easy for them to get active emails from various fraudulent registration forms to get coin airdrops, so many registrants are beginners who don't understand crypto so they find it easier to believe fake information sent from email messages that scammers have spread. So many phishing scams are related to update wallet so we have to be careful, it is better to ignore the notification and access real wallet to update from system and not from fake information.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Smack That Ace
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1094

Assalamu Alekum

View Profile
January 27, 2023, 03:23:41 AM

Common used trick by hackers so verify always what we read online specially when the message came from spam folder on email since mostly they sent a message there. Much better ask the support of the website to know if the upgrade is legitimate and we will not fall on fake upgrade sites which compromise all our funds.
Always verify what you download. Unfortunately very little people do verification for their download files.

At least, if they do verify it, they must do it right at first. Knowing what is official website and get link to download from an official website is a first safe step to do.

Officially visit websites & download apps, not fake ones.

This is what I always do, and I strongly recommend people always do this instead of clicking on a link sent from an email or private message. No matter what email I receive, I rarely confirm whether it is an official or fake email. What I would do is visit their official website or social media to confirm the information, because I think before they send emails to customers, those messages are already communicated in their main media. And if that's true, I will update following the instructions from their website instead of going back to the email and following the instructions in the email.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: