Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2016, 05:15:43 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.0  [Torrent].
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
Author Topic: Buying $1000 in BTC  (Read 3092 times)
The Madhatter

Activity: 490

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 03:08:21 AM

He changed the deal in the email. He wanted to trade 5x the amount. "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

He told me that he's not a "geek" so he wouldn't even know how to scam me. When I hear promises like that before a trade even begins I just walk away. I have a lot of experience in dealing with payment fraud. I've heard those promises before. Tongue

There is a chance he's not a scammer and I am just being overly cautious. In any event; I am not interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 06:01:01 AM

If he has $50K to spend, it might be best to do this deal in person.  You could write up contracts, get a copy of his passport drivers license etc.  You could use an escrow service also.  You would probably want to verify his place of work, home address etc.     

Activity: 1470

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 06:23:57 AM
 #23's fee for transactions over $25,000 is 0.89%.
Clearcoin's fee for large transactions is 1%.

With the BTC buyer using and the BTC seller using clearcoin, I bet something could be arranged.

Jeff Garzik, bitcoin core dev team and BitPay engineer; opinions are my own, not my employer.
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 02:19:49 PM

Or he could do several smaller trades.
I agree with the too good to be true normally but curiosity would have kept me around until the fake cashier's check arrived.
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.