Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Importing an old v0.3.0 wallet.dat - is my plan sound?  (Read 468 times)
ChapInRed (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 11:52:32 AM

Will do more backups now.
That's a little.... late Tongue Your old wallet.dat's backups are now only useful for Forkcoins, and your Ledger backup words should have been very safe already.
To think about: are your seed words still safe if your house burns down? And can a burglar find them?

Yes, fear not, I have snapshots from various points, with forkcoins in mind and now any potential tax evidence issues. I'll return to forkcoins at some point.

My current measures protect pretty well from burglary but I need a better option for fire - that's a priority.

am working right now!
Good, keeping a low profile instead of instantly quitting and buying a Lambo Cheesy

Oh I am not an extravagant person at all! Honestly, right now I am mostly excited about going to part time work (I like my job, and going part time would not be unusual in my organisation, so would not attract too much unwanted attention). But wow, to have time to Do Other Things! For life is short.

One more thing to think about: never sell everything! You've ("accidentally"?) been hodling Bitcoin for 13 years and it got you your riches, but who knows what another 13 years will bring for Bitcoin. So my advice (after years on this forum): sell some, but keep some Smiley

Yes, will give this plenty of thought and keep a chunk I'm sure.

The thing that is going to make my family laugh (when I tell them about all this - nobody knows yet!) is that my annoying habits of geeky tinkering and mild hoarding (including old data and backups!) has finally yielded results!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: