Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is a war. Do you realize it?  (Read 3496 times)
gene (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 09:38:31 PM

Oh man, I nearly died laughing reading that one.  You should be a comedian.  Or a senator.  Is your last name Kennedy by chance? Tell others how to live their lives why don't you, you seem really good at that.  And tell them how much they should be be taxed for  'enlightened' and 'progressive' social welfare programs.  You're playing into the hands of the system by identifying and shaming people who want to be left alone by a government that was predominantly elected by those involved in the occupy wall street mob.  Highly disingenuous on your part.  Your side is the power, get it?

Struck a nerve, have I? You assume far too much about me. Self-identifying American liberals nauseate me about as much as self-identifying American libertarians. They are different peanuts on the same steaming turd.

By the way, I can't recall the number of "libertarians" around here who openly express disdain for democracy, so I don't see how I can be shaming them - they assert it proudly. Or maybe you didn't get the memo? "Democracy is two wolves and a hen" ... or some other such mindless trite motto.

I got news for you buckaroo, most Americans- and most people in general- don't give a shit about history. Stay out of other people's business, when the going gets tough some of us haven't forgotten how to get down to business.

... ok ...  Undecided

Even more hilarious is your implied threat of social darwinism to disenfranchise those people who hold politically incorrect views.  Remind me to not turn my back on this one in a dark ally, your entire style reeks of the treachery of a good cause in the same tradition as Robespierre, Lenin, and FDR.

What I described is the brutal state of affairs which typically unfolds when power corners the population. It is not a threat of anything - it is what has happened over and over and over again. I wonder, do you even know what 'social darwinism' is?

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 10:17:23 PM

I got news for you buckaroo, most Americans- and most people in general- don't give a shit about history. Stay out of other people's business, when the going gets tough some of us haven't forgotten how to get down to business.
So we don't give a shit about history, and yet look back to the civil war for guidance? I'm confused...

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2011, 11:29:04 PM

I think the game we have been playing is called "consume".  Consumer society.  Hey don't "they" call us "consumers".  That is just what we are to "them".  In the current economic system our job is to consume.  Just look at what happens when we stop.  The entire thrust of the media is then directed at getting us to get back to our job and consume again.

I think this is where Bitcoin is the most dangerous.  The current system relies on an unlimited supply of fiat currency to drive the consumption process.
(fixed two typos in your post)

+1, bitcoin is a game changer, we become "producers"

...try not to feed the trolls guys

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 03:15:15 AM

China has already won this game. It's time to put away the game of scarcity and play a more mature game.

Scarcity is real. Resources ARE literally limited. But yes, ingenuity and technology can overcome that. By now, we have the means to let everyone on earth work a simple day labor job in exchange for their basic needs. Too bad evil, corrupt men keep hindering this, and insisting it is impossible. ("Overpopulation! We need central control! Trust us!")

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 03:48:46 AM

By the way, I can't recall the number of "libertarians" around here who openly express disdain for democracy

That's not out of any love for authoritarianism, it's more sort of, "I'd rather decide for myself than have society decide for me."

(BFL)^2 < 0
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 05:39:42 AM

By the way, I can't recall the number of "libertarians" around here who openly express disdain for democracy

That's not out of any love for authoritarianism, it's more sort of, "I'd rather decide for myself than have society decide for me."

+1

Still have a hard time understanding how "You live your life, I live mine, and let's not aggress against each other," is such a despised concept to some.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Harvey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2011, 05:51:53 AM

+1

Still have a hard time understanding how "You live your life, I live mine, and let's not aggress against each other," is such a despised concept to some.
Some believe people can be entitled to other people. They call it compassion. I call it slavery.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:23:20 PM

War... war never changes

tbdunamis

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 05:02:04 AM

I got news for you buckaroo, most Americans- and most people in general- don't give a shit about history.

For the record, I love history.  This may be due to the fact that my family history is documented in a book that covers the past 500 years.  It is a unique subject that demonstrates the cause and effect relationship as to how the issues of the present have come to pass.  This is why there is the quote which says that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  It has only been since the days of the French Revolution, and the advent of the uniformitarian worldview that people have embraced the idea that they are too intelligent to consider the past.  And that has spawned the quote: one thing that a man learns from studying history is that man learns nothing from history.  I almost feel sorry for such people.
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 05:22:13 AM

I got news for you buckaroo, most Americans- and most people in general- don't give a shit about history.

For the record, I love history.  This may be due to the fact that my family history is documented in a book that covers the past 500 years.  It is a unique subject that demonstrates the cause and effect relationship as to how the issues of the present have come to pass.  This is why there is the quote which says that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  It has only been since the days of the French Revolution, and the advent of the uniformitarian worldview that people have embraced the idea that they are too intelligent to consider the past.  And that has spawned the quote: one thing that a man learns from studying history is that man learns nothing from history.  I almost feel sorry for such people.

I imagine we would have some good discussions. Grin

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: