Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:21:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can i get banned for image repost..  (Read 272 times)
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2023, 10:31:52 PM

Posting images on the forum aren't given the same attention as its done to written works. Possibly for few reasons which could range to ignorance and users on the forum not taking it up. To be straight, I don't give it much attention either but, should you feel you are doing it wrong or there could be something wrong, you could save yourself the stress of having to think about what could happen by making the links available or stating it out in your thread.
Sometimes, it's better you just get to avoid what could go wrong than trying to solve it when it does because, you just might not find a resolution.

True, but it is better to give the source link of any artwork or articles to give credit to the creator.  Besides, it isn't his work so it is ethical to give the source where he got the image.  And if a problem arises from the picture at least he is just reposting it and is not the one who created the images thus saving him the troubles of any legal problems and at the same time saving him from the worry of the possible ban in this forum due to plagiarism case (though it has been cleared that images are exempted).

Though I wonder why you are asking it @OP?  As you already know that we need to give the link to materials like images, articles, and other stuff that is not originally created by us.  

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Woodie

Activity: 1820
Merit: 874

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2023, 11:15:00 PM

It depends in what context you use it and what image that is... If say you are trying to talk about a popular subject or object say a football club or bitcoin logo and post the badge you might have some leeway on this but anything else do yourself a favor and just cite the source of the image and you will stay clear from plagiarism fines... But here you used the word "repost" clearly that image has a digital footprint and this should have its owner acknowledged through citation.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mr.suevie (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2023, 11:23:45 PM

Though I wonder why you are asking it @OP?  As you already know that we need to give the link to materials like images, articles, and other stuff that is not originally created by us.  
i guess i would just say a  question ask for futher clarification of doubt isnt and has not done any harm to any one rather it has built my confidence more in area where am not too certain. And it has also cleared the way for juniors member and members who might  have been having such doubts on adding a picture to post without a reference link. I just know am not the only curious one that have been  wanting to ask if a penalty can actually be received for not adding an link to an image on your thread

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Obari

Activity: 616
Merit: 451

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2023, 08:21:13 AM

I have been on the forum for some time now and i have been reading and also i have learnt so many things but there is just this one curiosity i have in me about creating a thread with pictures and I wanted to clear my doubt on this. I just want to if I  can be penalized for using an image gotten from twitter to create an entirely different work or thread here in the forum without making any reference to the original tweet that contains such picture

The reason for this my question is just the fear i enquired when I stumbled upon a thread on meta where i see so many accounts have been banned and most of them are due to copying of original work without making reference to it @plagiarism. So i simply want to know if the same rules apply to image even when the topic its use is a totally different thread.

@OP I really don't think there's any harm in referencing works that aren't originally yours (just give credit to the original owner of the work because you might not know how much effort it took to create that work).
Just as you said, plagiarism is plagiarism be it in image or written form and for you to be at the safer side simply just put the link.
There is no much rules on the forum and I personally think the only major rule the forum has is plagiarism and they don't joke with that especially for newbie accounts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x