Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tool or method for finding public key of Bitcoin address  (Read 1227 times)
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 16, 2023, 05:11:34 PM

I have designed my own version in Sagemath + Python for find public key when we only knows "hash160 ripemd".

this is another solution but is not fast. and even when you will find , you only find one of 2**96 possibilites
Well all I can see is just talking, if you have a tool efficient in finding collisions then share it so we can judge it's performance, though I wonder why would you increase your search range like that? You'd probably never find a collision but searching in 66 bit range you will definitely find the key.

ok.
brute forcing private keys of a btc ddress may take less than public keys but some codes need to work with pubkeys...
for example , keyhunt in bsgs mode, works faster than other tools in this case.
so this tool has an input file or single pubkey to work on it and find the privatekey .

Now for these puzzles (that have no output transactions) we have no pubkeys and we can not use bgsg mode of keyhunt.
is this correct ??
All the low range keys such as 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 could be found fairly easily, e.g, if you had the public key for #66, it would take a minute considering you had a good gear using kangaroo, that's why they are all solved, now the  biggest challenge next in line is #130, which will be solved probably in a few month from now.

Also note that when you are brute forcing to find rmd160, you are performing a sha256 + an rmd160 hashing with each iteration, so you'd get much less speed, but when you have a public key you can search much faster.  But none of the existing tools are good enough, they are practically useless for high ranges.

Kangaroo and bsgs only work with public keys, both useless now.
Bitcrack vanitygen can search for address/rmd160, both useless now.
Don't waste time on addresses/rmd160, instead work on public key division.😉

🖤😏

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AH00RA

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2023, 08:03:15 PM

ok.
thank you for your response.
i will take a look if you share the source.
ecdsa123

Activity: 211
Merit: 105

Dr WHO on disney+

View Profile
November 19, 2023, 07:21:35 PM

I have designed my own version in Sagemath + Python for find public key when we only knows "hash160 ripemd".

this is another solution but is not fast. and even when you will find , you only find one of 2**96 possibilites
Well all I can see is just talking, if you have a tool efficient in finding collisions then share it so we can judge it's performance, though I wonder why would you increase your search range like that? You'd probably never find a collision but searching in 66 bit range you will definitely find the key.

@Digaran -? my version  is not efficient way for finding collisions. but it works because of math idea. and it is not for brute forcing -> need at worst  2** 57. so is huge.

Donate: bc1q0sezldfgm7rf2r78p5scasrrcfkpzxnrfcvdc6

Subscribe : http://www.youtube.com/@Ecdsa_Solutions
AH00RA

View Profile
January 08, 2024, 09:42:54 PM

i don't know if there is anyone here who has solved one of Satoshi's puzzles or not.

but let us
suppose we can find the private key of a puzzle.
will this key be enough to import the btc in a new wallet (like Electrum)??

or, in addition to the private key, will a two-step verification or multi-signature or something like this, be required?
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
January 08, 2024, 10:05:15 PM

i don't know if there is anyone here who has solved one of Satoshi's puzzles or not.

but let us

or, in addition to the private key, will a two-step verification or multi-signature or something like this, be required?
It depends on which puzzle you have solved, if it's 66, 67 then you won't succeed with electrum, you'd need to either have a bot that automatically double spends the tx or talk with a large mining pool to privately include your tx in a block, because once 66 or 67 start moving on chain and having their public keys revealed, it would take seconds for looters to brute force the public key for the private key just to double spend your transaction and loot for free.

But if it's 130, 135 etc, go ahead and use electrum with Tor.
There is no multi signature etc.

🖤😏
AH00RA

View Profile
January 10, 2024, 10:46:33 PM

Thank you for the answer.

as i understood, if my target is #130 and i have the private key, at the same time as importing to my wallet, looters will also start working,
but considering the range of the private key that they want to brute force and the time they spend on it, definitely "My transaction will be confirmed sooner and they or other bots don't stand a chance.

is it correct?
digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 09:18:18 AM

Thank you for the answer.

as i understood, if my target is #130 and i have the private key, at the same time as importing to my wallet, looters will also start working,
but considering the range of the private key that they want to brute force and the time they spend on it, definitely "My transaction will be confirmed sooner and they or other bots don't stand a chance.

is it correct?
Yes, for any keys above 100 bit range, once you solve it, you will be safe to send it to your own address because looters won't be able to solve the key in time.
Only the puzzle 66, 67, 68, 69, 71, 72 up to 100 could be solved if their public keys were revealed. Easily.

Puzzles 130 and above are totally safe.

🖤😏
BTCW
Copper Member

Activity: 193
Merit: 235

Click "+Merit" top-right corner

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 01:10:46 PM

Hi guys. Just wandering  if their is a tool, script or method for finding the uncompressed public key of Bitcoin address. I have heard that you can if an addressed has sent funds. I haven't got a clue on how to find this information. Thanks

Check out my simple and fast blockchain parser.

With some clever regex, it should be a walk in the park to list all public keys that have been exposed when spending.

SendBTC.me <<< amazing imitative
bane77

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 16, 2024, 04:30:13 AM

Hi guys. Just wandering  if their is a tool, script or method for finding the uncompressed public key of Bitcoin address. I have heard that you can if an addressed has sent funds. I haven't got a clue on how to find this information. Thanks

Maybe this can help: https://github.com/Mezantrop74/addr2pub
mjojo

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 30, 2024, 09:31:02 PM

ok.
brute forcing private keys of a btc ddress may take less than public keys but some codes need to work with pubkeys...
for example , keyhunt in bsgs mode, works faster than other tools in this case.
so this tool has an input file or single pubkey to work on it and find the privatekey .

Now for these puzzles (that have no output transactions) we have no pubkeys and we can not use bgsg mode of keyhunt.
is this correct ??
All the low range keys such as 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 could be found fairly easily, e.g, if you had the public key for #66, it would take a minute considering you had a good gear using kangaroo, that's why they are all solved, now the  biggest challenge next in line is #130, which will be solved probably in a few month from now.

Also note that when you are brute forcing to find rmd160, you are performing a sha256 + an rmd160 hashing with each iteration, so you'd get much less speed, but when you have a public key you can search much faster.  But none of the existing tools are good enough, they are practically useless for high ranges.

Kangaroo and bsgs only work with public keys, both useless now.
Bitcrack vanitygen can search for address/rmd160, both useless now.
Don't waste time on addresses/rmd160, instead work on public key division.😉

hello Sir, I'm noob..just question how to find pub key? I just know to get that we must derivative from base58 => Ripe160 => sha256, I dont know if any method to find pubkey.. thank in advance
Airfin Same

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 10:32:44 AM

but let us

It depends on which puzzle you have solved, if it's 66, 67 then you won't succeed with electrum, you'd need to either have a bot that automatically double spends the tx or talk with a large mining pool to privately include your tx in a block, because once 66 or 67 start moving on chain and having their public keys revealed, it would take seconds for looters to brute force the public key for the private key just to double spend your transaction and loot for free.

But if it's 130, 135 etc, go ahead and use electrum with Tor.
There is no multi signature etc.

how is this possible?
does it happens with keys 65 ,64,63

can you tell me how to avoid this using electrum if it possible
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: