Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal Crypto Holdings Report  (Read 202 times)
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2023, 10:16:34 AM

It's good that they have finally included their crypto holdings after two years. From what I understood, I think it will be a problem if that third party has become insolvent and has some hacking, which will be more problematic. I hope they answer that, make it available to users, and make themselves a genuine provider of cryptocurrency.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
February 14, 2023, 01:46:40 PM

Is Paypal one of those platforms that has been giving interest to users for holding crypto on their own site? Hopefully not, as they should know better as to what has been happening to those kinds of services over the last few months.
No, but...

If you look at Paxos' Terms and Conditions, you'll find the following:
Notwithstanding anything in the Paxos Contractual Documentation to the contrary, you agree and understand that (i) we may hold some or all of your fiat currency deposits (including with respect to reserves backing US dollar stablecoins) in a manner which generates interest and/or other earnings and, in such case, you agree to pay us a fee equal to the amount of any such interest and/or earnings attributable or allocable to your fiat currency deposits as payment for the custody services we provide to you under the Paxos Contractual Documentation.
So in other words, any fiat you hand over will be invested or loaned out in order to generate interest or earnings, and Paxos will keep 100% of the profits for themselves. And if they are doing it for fiat, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they were doing the same for crypto, too. This is exactly the kind of irresponsible behavior which resulted in the collapse of dozens of other exchanges in the past few months. 100% of the profits to the exchange, 100% of the risks to the user.

Unless Paypal plans to put some of their stock or earnings on the line, I cannot see this happening at all (besides it would only be available on like Coinbase considering Paypal won't let just any exchange list it).
Nah, it's super simple. You deposit money to your PayPal account, PayPal deem that as sufficient collateral to print an equal number of their new unstablecoin, and then they can use that unstablecoin to buy bitcoin for themselves, pay interest to entice more deposits, the usual shenanigans. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: