Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:48:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How the rising trend in CPI will affect Bitcoin price in short to medium term?  (Read 255 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 19, 2023, 04:39:40 AM

Well in the past Bitcoin followed what the nasdaq index typically did. When the nasdaq went up, so did Bitcoin. And the same was true when it went down.

So if the CPI Is high it means higher fed rates and lower stock prices and hence Bitcoin should go lower which it did. However for the past few days Bitcoin hasn’t been correlated as closely. Basically Bitcoin went up and stocks went down.

But if the old trend returns then higher CPI generally means Bitcoin will head lower as stocks head lower.

Sayeds56 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1302
Merit: 714

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 09:40:25 AM

Well in the past Bitcoin followed what the nasdaq index typically did. When the nasdaq went up, so did Bitcoin. And the same was true when it went down.

So if the CPI Is high it means higher fed rates and lower stock prices and hence Bitcoin should go lower which it did. However for the past few days Bitcoin hasn’t been correlated as closely. Basically Bitcoin went up and stocks went down.

But if the old trend returns then higher CPI generally means Bitcoin will head lower as stocks head lower.

It appears that correlation between consumer price index (CPI), stock market and Bitcoin is weakening, largely due to successive collapse of Banks in the USA which has resulted in loss of confidence in fiat system among the public. This paradigm shift has created new interest in Bitcoin and led to steady increase in its price above 28,000, and it is likely to surpass 30,000 in coming weeks. This has changed market sentiment from negative to positive and most of  participants think that Bitcoin was bottomed out at around $15,000 in 2022 and we may never see that price again in future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
FUCKBSVFUCK

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 02:39:29 PM

The rise in CPI is a good sign for the crypto market. It has been in the news for a long time and it is not surprising that we are seeing a lot of people buying and hodling their coins for a long time. 

However, it is important to note that there is no correlation between the price of Bitcoin and the CPI.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
May 04, 2023, 05:53:23 PM

It appears that correlation between consumer price index (CPI), stock market and Bitcoin is weakening, largely due to successive collapse of Banks in the USA which has resulted in loss of confidence in fiat system among the public. This paradigm shift has created new interest in Bitcoin and led to steady increase in its price above 28,000, and it is likely to surpass 30,000 in coming weeks. This has changed market sentiment from negative to positive and most of  participants think that Bitcoin was bottomed out at around $15,000 in 2022 and we may never see that price again in future.
I feel like that is a short term one though, I mean surely it is shifting at this moment I am not arguing against that, but it is also not looking like a big long term thing, it could go right back to being like old self again. We need to see a big break from that level and then be different for a long time before we can be sure about what's going on, otherwise it is not going to really change all that much.

I hope that it will do a lot better and should eventually look like it is going to be a big deal, but for the time being it feels like we are doing a job that is a bit different at the moment and that is not permanent yet, it feels temporary. Or maybe that is just me, and I feel it is temporary and it has already become permanent, only time will tell.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
May 04, 2023, 06:07:09 PM

The consumer price index(CPI) data released today , fell short of market expectation and it is showing sign of increasing once again and it may lead to concerns about inflation and potential harsher interest rate increase in future. This is likely to create negative sentiment in all financial markets including Bitcoin.Hopefully, FED will take necessary action to curb this increasing trend.

Despite this, I believe that its impact is expected to be temporary, and that Bitcoin's price will eventually recover over time, and market will continue moving upwards.

What are your thoughts on this?

CPI generally and economically should have a positive impact on Bitcoin and Cryptos. CPI indicted weakness in the Fiat currency market which should ideally mean the USD value is weakening and therefore should translate into strong crypto momentum. Can anyone help me with how can CPI effect bitcoin negatively?
death69

Activity: 1204
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 04, 2023, 07:33:24 PM

I feel like that is a short term one though, I mean surely it is shifting at this moment I am not arguing against that, but it is also not looking like a big long term thing, it could go right back to being like old self again. We need to see a big break from that level and then be different for a long time before we can be sure about what's going on, otherwise it is not going to really change all that much.

I hope that it will do a lot better and should eventually look like it is going to be a big deal, but for the time being it feels like we are doing a job that is a bit different at the moment and that is not permanent yet, it feels temporary. Or maybe that is just me, and I feel it is temporary and it has already become permanent, only time will tell.
I feel ya, buddy. Predicting the future of any investment is a wild ride, and with Bitcoin's ups and downs, it's even wilder. But I'm all in on the Bitcoin train. Its decentralized vibe, open-book ledger, and limited supply make it a sweet deal for investors seeking a safe spot during shaky times.

Sure, there might be short-term price swings, but I'm betting on Bitcoin's unlimited long-term potential. As more businesses and folks embrace Bitcoin for payments, its value's gonna keep on climbing. So let's not get stuck in the daily price fluctuation. Let's zoom out, focus on the big picture, and get stoked about the game-changing future Bitcoin's got in store for finance.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: