Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:17:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypothetical Question  (Read 490 times)
Cookdata

Activity: 952
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 09:24:12 PM

If you were told the outcome of a soccer match, hours before the match was scheduled, and you were assured that it would 100% win, how much would you be willing to bet on it? Assuming it was a 100% can’t lose situation.

Assuming you had millions of dollars that you could put on the match, where would you place the bets? Bookies often limit players. How could one successfully place millions of dollars in bets without drawing up suspicions or having their money frozen? Just curious.

The rule of gambling should never be undermined regardless of the outcome, always stake what you can afford to lose, that phrase has saved me from the excitement of games I have a strong and bold outcome on. Now, you should note that nothing is 100% sure in gambling, I will consider that match as a scam the moment I see games people predict as a sure game, nothing works in gambling in that manner, people forget that even that 100% assurance is a risk and should be done with caution so they don't backfire later at the end of the day.

My answer to your question: Even if I have billions under my assets, I wouldn't stake that game unless I stake what I want to lose so that I can have peace of mind.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: