Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:45:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Foundation Passport Official Thread  (Read 4257 times)
dkbit98
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 7020

SATOCHIP.io

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2023, 07:50:08 PM

Sure! You can find all of our docs on the integration here, but the core of it is that Bitcoin Keeper is a multisig-centric wallet with a focus on helping users setup tiers of Bitcoin storage (including singlesig and multisig) with a proper plan for inheritance long-term. They have a pretty clean UI and UX, and have been great to work with on the integration front. They've also done good work integrating the latest interoperable standards for multisig, which has been helpful for us as well as we're laser-focused on interoperability and embracing emerging standards in the Bitcoin space.
Problem I have with Bitcoin Keeper is that I can't find source code for their app, so I assume they are closed source.
There is bithyve github page, that is their parrent company I think, but I can't find information for Bitcoin Keeper there.
I prefer using open source alternative whenever I can, and I know this isn't always possible, but I think I saw similar apps that can be used as part of multisig setup.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 231

View Profile
March 13, 2023, 11:45:22 PM
Merited by dkbit98 (1), n0nce (1)

Sure! You can find all of our docs on the integration here, but the core of it is that Bitcoin Keeper is a multisig-centric wallet with a focus on helping users setup tiers of Bitcoin storage (including singlesig and multisig) with a proper plan for inheritance long-term. They have a pretty clean UI and UX, and have been great to work with on the integration front. They've also done good work integrating the latest interoperable standards for multisig, which has been helpful for us as well as we're laser-focused on interoperability and embracing emerging standards in the Bitcoin space.
Problem I have with Bitcoin Keeper is that I can't find source code for their app, so I assume they are closed source.
There is bithyve github page, that is their parrent company I think, but I can't find information for Bitcoin Keeper there.
I prefer using open source alternative whenever I can, and I know this isn't always possible, but I think I saw similar apps that can be used as part of multisig setup.

They're supposed to be releasing the source code this month, they were waiting for their mainnet release and code cleanup, but I agree that we should be wary of closed source apps in control of our funds!

Definitely understand waiting until the source is available and has been out for a bit.
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 17, 2023, 01:18:36 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2023, 03:44:47 PM by foundationdvcs
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), OROBTC (1), DdmrDdmr (1), dkbit98 (1), DireWolfM14 (1), n0nce (1)

Hi all, a couple of updates for you on the community front:

We've released our first video walking through Passport and what it is for broader marketing, you can have a look here:

Meet Passport: The new standard for Bitcoin hardware wallets. Shipping now!

We've also joined the new protocol and social media platform Nostr, and have setup our account there. Be sure to follow us with our NIP-05 ID or public key below if you're on Nostr as it will be a go-to for us moving forward!

Code: (NIP-05 ID)
foundationdevices.com
Code: (npub (public key))
npub1s0vtkgej33n7ec4d7ycxmwt78up8hpfa30d0yfksrshq7t82mchqynpq6j

If you want to learn more about Nostr you can read our latest blog post, "Privacy on Nostr."
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 7032

Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!

View Profile
March 19, 2023, 09:58:37 AM

Nice video. I like how you took a shot at Silicon Valley Bank there in the beginning.
The animation with the guy standing at the edge of the cliff looks great. Did your team create that or is it from a video game and you just added the Passport in the guy's hand? It looks really well made.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 20, 2023, 02:42:38 PM
Merited by n0nce (1)

Nice video. I like how you took a shot at Silicon Valley Bank there in the beginning.
The animation with the guy standing at the edge of the cliff looks great. Did your team create that or is it from a video game and you just added the Passport in the guy's hand? It looks really well made.

Thanks, seemed a timely addition as we've been working on this, so much out there pushing people to using Bitcoin, and self-custody is the only way they truly gain freedom through it.

We did the entire video from scratch alongside a contracted content creator in the space, glad to hear it landed well  Smiley
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 05:29:10 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Hi all,

We've just released Passport firmware version 2.0.7!

In version 2.0.7, we’ve reworked memory management when signing transactions from the ground up, drastically improving handling of larger than normal transactions via QR codes. We’ve also added the ability to delete files from microSD directly on Passport, allow you to export multisig configs directly via QR and microSD, and cleaned up a few small bugs.

Read more in our latest blog post: https://foundationdevices.com/2023/03/passport-version-2-0-7-is-now-live/
sad-error

Activity: 27
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 07:30:51 PM

I can confirm that signing from QR codes now works flawlessly. Great job!
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 23, 2023, 07:53:06 PM

I can confirm that signing from QR codes now works flawlessly. Great job!

Love to hear that! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any issues or feedback in the future as well  Smiley
RickDeckard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 2775

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 08:54:56 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), dkbit98 (1)

@foundationdvcs since some time has passed since my previous reply[1], I was wondering if you guys had any opportunity to study/analyze the way that how an European customer pays for the fees for shipping to his/her address?

I've also took a look at your website and found that, besides the English language, there isn't an option to change the website language. As a way to penetrate in more markets - at least regarding information - have you considered hiring translators to increase the reach of your website? I might be biased on this one but there are a great quantity of good translators right here on bitcointalk[2].

As a final question, what can you share with us regarding what's Foundation Roadmap for 2023? Another product to complement the current lineup or perhaps make a gap year and improve the device you have at the moment?

[1]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5441422.msg61902084#msg61902084
[2]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5442314.0

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 04, 2023, 07:26:29 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), RickDeckard (1)

@foundationdvcs since some time has passed since my previous reply[1], I was wondering if you guys had any opportunity to study/analyze the way that how an European customer pays for the fees for shipping to his/her address?

I've also took a look at your website and found that, besides the English language, there isn't an option to change the website language. As a way to penetrate in more markets - at least regarding information - have you considered hiring translators to increase the reach of your website? I might be biased on this one but there are a great quantity of good translators right here on bitcointalk[2].

Thanks for how much thought you've put into that! We haven't been able to address that yet, I'm opening an issue internally now to be sure it doesn't fall off our radar moving forward.

As far as translations, we are working on a complete rebuild of the site from the ground up, and translations are going to be much easier with the new approach. I'll be sure that website translations get captured in the spec as we build, and will reach out to translators (thanks for the link!) at that point. We're also planning on translating Envoy in the near term, but due to device memory constraints we likely won't add translations to Passport Batch 2.

As a final question, what can you share with us regarding what's Foundation Roadmap for 2023? Another product to complement the current lineup or perhaps make a gap year and improve the device you have at the moment?

[1]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5441422.msg61902084#msg61902084
[2]https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5442314.0

We like to keep things a bit closer to the chest when it comes to roadmap, but rest assured we have big things on the software and hardware front in 2023. Software is just over the horizon, hardware is advancing rapidly and we can't wait to show what we're working on to you all later this year.
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 05, 2023, 07:39:15 PM

Hi all,

We're thrilled to announce a major new open beta of Envoy, our mobile Bitcoin wallet and companion app for Passport. With this open beta we’re greatly expanding what Envoy is capable of, making it a feature-rich Bitcoin hot wallet in addition to its existing role as a watch-only wallet and management app for Passport. Hot wallet support in Envoy opens up financial sovereignty through our tools to many more users and lays the groundwork for other privacy and security features we’re building behind the scenes.

You can read up on it and find links to the app stores and direct downloads in our new blog post:

https://foundationdevices.com/2023/03/envoy-wallet-open-beta/

Two current gaps to note:

• Passphrase wallets are not currently supported. We do plan on supporting passphrases with the public release, but are currently working on implementing a smooth user experience around passphrases and how they interact with the auto-backup feature.
  • Deleting only the hot wallet is not currently possible. You can still reset the app by uninstalling/reinstalling or clearing app data, but please note that this will currently reset the entire app, including Passport accounts etc.

A quick tip on testing: if you're using Android, you can install this beta version of Envoy in a new profile or work profile to allow you to keep your current Envoy app untouched as you test out all of the new bells and whistles.

Please feel free to drop any feedback here as you test it out!
RickDeckard
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2023, 01:33:35 PM

(...)
Thank you for the detailed reply to both of my questions. I'm really looking forward - and I'm sure I'm not the only one - of seeing your roadmap later this year. Please do keep us posted (perhaps giving us - the community - a little bit of a sneak peak before officially disclosuing the map? Smiley ).

On a second note, have you considered creating a Reddit sub for your customers/community? Big hardware wallet companies such as Trezor[1] and Ledger[2] have them and it is a great way to directly interact with the community and users that probably don't even know this forum exists. While I believe you'll have a greater technical feedback here (and more passionate one), you'll always find more interaction with a larger scale user base in Reddit. If you do decide to follow this endeavor, I've made a brand new account and created the sub r/foundationdvcs (currently set as private) as a way to prevent anyone to claim it before you. r/Foundation already exists so if you decide to follow this route just send me a PM and I'll add your account to the moderation and shortly after I remove myself from moderating it.

[1]https://libreddit.spike.codes/r/TREZOR/
[2]https://libreddit.spike.codes/r/ledgerwallet/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 07, 2023, 04:05:27 PM

(...)
Thank you for the detailed reply to both of my questions. I'm really looking forward - and I'm sure I'm not the only one - of seeing your roadmap later this year. Please do keep us posted (perhaps giving us - the community - a little bit of a sneak peak before officially disclosuing the map? Smiley ).

On a second note, have you considered creating a Reddit sub for your customers/community? Big hardware wallet companies such as Trezor[1] and Ledger[2] have them and it is a great way to directly interact with the community and users that probably don't even know this forum exists. While I believe you'll have a greater technical feedback here (and more passionate one), you'll always find more interaction with a larger scale user base in Reddit. If you do decide to follow this endeavor, I've made a brand new account and created the sub r/foundationdvcs (currently set as private) as a way to prevent anyone to claim it before you. r/Foundation already exists so if you decide to follow this route just send me a PM and I'll add your account to the moderation and shortly after I remove myself from moderating it.

[1]https://libreddit.spike.codes/r/TREZOR/
[2]https://libreddit.spike.codes/r/ledgerwallet/

We actually are already on Reddit but honestly haven't put much focus into it so far:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FoundationDevices/

Will be sure we push updates and blog posts etc to there as we go along!
RickDeckard
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2023, 05:19:00 PM

We actually are already on Reddit but honestly haven't put much focus into it so far:

Shame on me for not looking further I guess. I've looked into your official website[1] and didn't find any mention of it, hence why I went into a hurry to try to secure the sub. I'm glad that you already have it! I think it would help spread awareness if you could, for example, add the Reddit link right after the bottom of the page where you have all the other communities (Twitter, GitHub, Telegram...).

[1]https://foundationdevices.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 07, 2023, 06:33:53 PM

Shame on me for not looking further I guess. I've looked into your official website[1] and didn't find any mention of it, hence why I went into a hurry to try to secure the sub. I'm glad that you already have it! I think it would help spread awareness if you could, for example, add the Reddit link right after the bottom of the page where you have all the other communities (Twitter, GitHub, Telegram...).

[1]https://foundationdevices.com/

Will do that now, not sure why it's not there to be quite honest!
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18497

View Profile
April 21, 2023, 07:51:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), RickDeckard (1)

Two interesting things I thought I would share.

Firstly: https://nitter.net/FOUNDATIONdvcs/status/1648688276654419969#m
Obviously targeted at the fact that Trezor now support censorship, but they then say they are building their own privacy tools and include the emoji symbol that is used on Twitter when talking about Whirlpool. I wonder what they are planning?

Secondly: https://github.com/mjg-foundation/passport2-monero#monero-firmware
The firmware engineer at Foundation has forked the open source codebase to his own personal GitHub and started some work on open source Monero firmware for Passport devices. Now the real questions is will I be able to dual boot. Tongue
foundationdvcs (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 21, 2023, 07:55:51 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (4), JayJuanGee (1), n0nce (1)

Two interesting things I thought I would share.

Firstly: https://nitter.net/FOUNDATIONdvcs/status/1648688276654419969#m
Obviously targeted at the fact that Trezor now support censorship, but they then say they are building their own privacy tools and include the emoji symbol that is used on Twitter when talking about Whirlpool. I wonder what they are planning?

Wink

Secondly: https://github.com/mjg-foundation/passport2-monero#monero-firmware
The firmware engineer at Foundation has forked the open source codebase to his own personal GitHub and started some work on open source Monero firmware for Passport devices. Now the real questions is will I be able to dual boot. Tongue

I don't believe there would be enough storage space to have both firmware installed at the same time, but installing firmware + restoring backup from microSD would only take a minute or two max. Please note that if this Monero firmware becomes reality it will still not be official or endorsed by Foundation and purely driven by the Monero community.
n0nce

Activity: 868
Merit: 5808

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2023, 08:33:59 AM

Obviously targeted at the fact that Trezor now support censorship
Can you enlighten me? I've been a bit out of the loop, lately. Undecided

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18497

View Profile
April 22, 2023, 10:12:43 AM
Merited by n0nce (1)

Wink
Such a tease!

I don't believe there would be enough storage space to have both firmware installed at the same time, but installing firmware + restoring backup from microSD would only take a minute or two max. Please note that if this Monero firmware becomes reality it will still not be official or endorsed by Foundation and purely driven by the Monero community.
Yeah, I get that. Also, having thought about it, I actually don't want to be installing software from a community fork on the same device as I use to store my bitcoin. I'd rather use two entirely separate devices for security reasons.

Can you enlighten me? I've been a bit out of the loop, lately. Undecided
I figure by your post on the other thread you are now up to speed, but essentially Trezor have implemented Wasabi coinjoins, which directly fund blockchain analysis companies and enforce government blacklists.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2023, 03:21:44 PM

@foundationdvcs
Here are a few notes for using the beta version for a few minutes, as someone who doesn't own a Passport device [yet]:

• It'd be nice to have a list of used/unused addresses in conjunction with the ability to sign a message directly from the app.
  • Support for other address types [e.g. Taproot would be nice].
  • I noticed going back and forth between Envoy and any other app would result in a black screen that sometimes lasts around 30 seconds!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████