Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:33:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Niche products to sell on CIB  (Read 1393 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 05:47:42 AM

So if you have any products that you can't find in the fiat stores please contact me I want to put some niche items on CIB
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
plastic.elastic

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 06:28:59 AM

So if you have any products that you can't find in the fiat stores please contact me I want to put some niche items on CIB

Drugs,

14 yrs old jailbait,

Please?

Tips gladly accepted: 1LPaxHPvpzN3FbaGBaZShov3EFafxJDG42
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 07:35:08 AM

I said niche products. Not over done under ground illegal services. Learn to how to wead.!
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 02:29:42 PM

methylcobalamin lozenges.  1000mcg or more.

They don't seem to be available in Australian stores. 

Vitamin B12 deficient people who don't want to get it the more efficient way (shots)... that niche enough for ya?

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 06:31:20 PM

This question may be a result of some feedback I provided.  I bought a Christmas gift from Cheaper in Bitcoins because I wanted to support the Bitcoin economy, and also to have a real example I can tell people about that demonstrates the practical usefulness of Bitcoin.  But the fact is I could have bought the same item for less from Amazon, plus gotten free shipping, plus probably received the item sooner.  A few Bitcoin enthusiasts may buy under those conditions, but most people will shop around for the best price.

The real question is how a small Bitcoin business can offer products without being undercut by mega-stores.  One way is to offer less mainstream products that aren't sold by the big stores.

Here is an example:  My wife and I saw a tissue box cover that we liked in a store, but it was the wrong shape (long rather than square).  I looked online and found that the size we wanted exists, but I could not find anywhere to buy it.  I found the manufacturer in Thailand, but they sell to stores and hotels, not individuals.  If you stocked products like that directly from small manufacturers, no direct price comparison would be possible (though people could still compare with similar products).

Another example: A store that sells funny T-shirts could pretty easily be the only place offering specific T-shirt designs.  Maybe it would be possible to team up with a local store that doesn't have an online presence.

Of course it's great to be able to buy mainstream products for bitcoins as well, as long as prices are competitive.
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 09:05:20 PM

Get in on the funny T-shirt wave.  I went to CIB before I hopped over to Snorg to buy my brother his funny T-shirt for xmas.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 03:42:13 PM

I wonder if starving artists would offer their work for Bitcoin? They may see the potential value going up as a hedge against their work itself.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 06:02:43 PM

The thread has been cleaned up to be more on topic, please try to keep it that way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: