Print  
Author Topic: ㅤ  (Read 351 times)
Synchronice

Activity: 854
Merit: 782

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
March 07, 2023, 08:53:27 PM

I sent 150 reports with the same description to the same posts, but another moderator decided not to touch them and gave me BAD. 51 BAD for 150 reports. That's fucked up. I received less BAD for 90,000 reports sent. I sent 150 reports to deleted and edited posts and he didn't delete ANY of them. NO ONE. Instead, he installed BAD, and decided to leave the rest of the garbage in place or simply move it to another partition. Why is it needed there, answer me the one who processed these reports? Or do you think that by rearranging the garbage in sections, the forum will become cleaner?
I think that you are dramatizing this situation. Don't get me wrong, I want to thank you for doing such an amazing job, because of you and some other people, I see less spam but you are way too angry over ruining of your statistics. After all, I don't think that stat matters that much, it's also stated that one accurate report is worth many inaccurate reports but I got your point, it's pitiful when you have 100K successful reports and one day half of your yesterday made reports are inaccurate. But I think hilariousandco made a good point:
There probably should be some sort of statue of limitations on certain stuff because posts in dead threads from years ago really isn't an issue.
I think we should have an option to report users like him, i.e. users that have 0 meaningful posts but we should focus on present time. Not much people are gonna actively read posts from 2018 but modern topics should really be cleared.

It might be that the global moderator determined that the user did try deleting or covering up their posts in an attempt to hide something, and that every post could potentially be worth something if there was ever a scam accusation launched. Although, for me personally the threads which have no active accusations, and no replies, I remove.
Does this forum save the history of edited posts? Or what we see in live is the only data that this forum holds? If the second one is true, then I think it carries 0 benefit to keep these posts on forum. It's all edited and we can't see what was written at past.
If there are still ways to track these persons in case something happens, then that's good but how can they be tracked if their data before posts were edited aren't saved?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 07, 2023, 09:15:53 PM

TryNinja got those old posts from my archive, and has some of them too.
Yeah, I did see some of them were captured, hence why I said about scrapers potentially not having scraped all of them yet. I found a few posts which were sort of duplicates, and very low quality. So, I knew the type of posts most of them were, even though there was no edit history scraped on quite a lot of them. Also, not sure how they went amiss at the time of being posted, because that's a lot of threads being posted in a rather short period of time. However, it was also at one of the time's the Altcoin section was at its busiest, so that probably contributed. 2017-2018 was by far the biggest spam wave we've ever seen.

Does this forum save the history of edited posts? Or what we see in live is the only data that this forum holds? If the second one is true, then I think it carries 0 benefit to keep these posts on forum. It's all edited and we can't see what was written at past.
If there are still ways to track these persons in case something happens, then that's good but how can they be tracked if their data before posts were edited aren't saved?
Yeah, the edited posts are very likely in the backups, and the admins probably have a fairly easy way of looking at the edited posts history. However, normal moderators don't. I'm not sure, if Global Moderators have more access to this sort of information, but I don't think they do. Maybe, it would be useful if all moderators could check this information though, it'd allow us to make more informed decisions.

Generally, I don't tend to rely too much on web scrapers, because there's potential for issues there. However, I don't personally see the significance of a lot of these threads, when they were likely all low quality to begin with. Although, this might be a conversation to be had behind the scenes, and potentially change our view points in order to have more cohesion. Like I said, I don't take complaints as being hostile, I just see it as a opportunity to evaluate, and look at other perspectives.

This attitude to old posts is not clear to me, so this garbage accumulates and accumulates, accumulates and accumulates, endlessly. After all, no one forbids putting it in order, especially since I do not force anyone to do this and waste their time.
I think it varies, there's too my knowledge no guidance on not deleting of old posts, to me if it's spam, it's spam, and will be removed. However, I can see why other moderators might think different. Personally, I just want my sections to be as clean as possible, and a lot of what I'd consider significant, i.e having a decent amount of history are covered in "great project!" type posts, which I always remove.

Generally though, reports of recent posts are much more valuable, than older one's. I think theymos has said at one point, that not all reports are of the same quality. So, while some users may have 2k reports of older, less seen posts they're not the same quality as someone who has 1k reports of more frequently exposed posts. However, my point of view is they're both valuable. I revisit old threads from time to time, and I imagine a few users do with old Altcoin threads.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: