Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent BTC but when I sent to my address it made two transactions then disappeared  (Read 182 times)
Cricktor

Activity: 770
Merit: 1129

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
April 02, 2023, 01:15:25 PM

What @Pmalek says!

If your own transaction from Kraken was to the address 16i3CQusm4CZDtWGamM9d8Xq5XG1UgGoxC on March, 17th (could also be 1BvKHeGjrYhcEE3oUfJQiYdyKmjn6yMPGn, but I favor my first guess), then you most certainly have a problem with malware on your device or your mnemonic recovery words got in wrong hands. The thief is clearly able to use your private key(s) to sign transactions to the thief's address 1DRJ3pkdSXTgYh59Rv7yUUQBErhTJ5rskB.

Did you reuse your receiving address for your transactions from Kraken to your own wallet? When you copy/pasted the receiving address, have you carefully checked that the pasted result is still your own receiving address?

Did you store your wallet's mnemonic recovery words on some online-capable digital device? Did you make a picture with your mobile device of your written mnemonic recovery words? Does your Electrum wallet use no encryption/no password to unlock it?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████