Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A more decentralized blockchain technology than Bitcoin  (Read 295 times)
yingyush55 (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2023, 12:08:31 AM

Yes of course as you say it can be done through identities. But then you have something very different than Satoshi's idea. You have a system where every single person on the network must be identified. Of course a system can be designed that puts limits based on identity (distribute mining rewards evenly, only allow one address per person), but then you have no privacy. Also this relies on the idea that no one can spoof someone's identity through whatever identity recognition system is used.

The reason Satoshi used PoW is because you can't spoof processing power. And of course he wanted to avoid the hassles and issues involved with identities.
Regarding face recognition, there is no privacy for the unique node. This may be another development direction of blockchain, which can prevent legal elements from using token transactions. The most important thing is that everyone can use mobile phones to mine, so that blockchain data can be distributed on everyone's mobile phones. Is it safer and more accessible for ordinary people to participate

If you destroy the whole concept just to make it more accessible you haven't done anything good.

Sure you can do one-id-one-vote mining but in order to do that you are going to have to rely on trusted third parties, and then you no longer have decentralization. Facial recognition wouldn't work well because you'd have people stealing other people's faces and generating fake faces and whatnot.

Also at this point you wouldn't be "mining". There would be no point in PoW mining if this is your setup because the idea you've set forth is to make the minting process available to anyone so you're not using competition for resources any more. You're using a identification system, where it is decentralized and secured through IDs. So in your setup there is no mining, there's just running your ID node from your phone and you are participating in the transaction verification network.

Anyway, since the essence of your system is based on identification what you really need is to involve trusted third parties that can verify IDs. There must be a whole legal apparatus put in place in case someone steals someone else's ID on the network. At which point instead of creating a more decentralized Bitcoin you've created a centralized trust-required crypto-banking industry with universal basic income. That's a very different thing.
Mobile phone transfer face recognition, mobile phone lock screen face recognition, and identity verification face recognition in your life are all based on trusted third parties. Why can they use a trusted third party when I just want to generate unique code using face recognition instead of using a trusted third party? Does anyone in your current life steal your face to unlock your phone, or transfer money through the stolen face?
"I just want a person to have only one node, and face recognition is the most feasible method I can think of currently.". Why must a person have only one node? Because if it weren't for this, the power of the node would be concentrated in the hands of wealthy people, like Bitcoin and Ethereum today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yingyush55 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2023, 12:31:32 AM

Through face recognition technology, each person can only generate one node, a private key, and a public key.
By setting an upper limit on the computing power of each miner, it is possible to mine on a mobile phone without consuming too much computing power.
If we are interested, we can design such blockchain technology to run on mobile phones together.

I can find your face by just looking up your social media account, mean while can you discover the scalar that leads to these coordinates when multiplied by the secp256k1 curve Generator? :

x: 83260022149314607220299798889850163602723925708954433956645823190147746092229
y: 32501403673747823353314855720543420818188361784787882868346931239726724853713

If not I believe bitcoin is much more sound than your facial recognition scheme, do you want someone trying to cut your face off to access your funds? Is that better than protecting against data breaches really?
Stealing my facial images or videos cannot be obtained through face recognition, just as you cannot use photos or videos to recognize faces on your phone. A face can generate a corresponding string of codes, but this code cannot infer what a person looks like.

Not to mention that a government authority would then have the REASON to strap you down to a chair, peel your eyes open, and make you stand still while they scan your face to extract blockchain data. This is a terrifying idea.
The government has tied me to a chair and left me standing with my eyes open, unable to scan my face and extract my blockchain data. What is the difference between tying my body directly and asking me for my bank card password? If this is a security risk, then you know that your bank card password also has the same problem.

You are now just being delusional, if the government does that very thing to you they WOULD be able to access all your blockchain secrets immediately (assuming people actually used your insane face id chain) it would be trivial as THEY NOW HAVE COMPLETE ACCESS TO YOUR ENTIRE REAL FACE AND HEAD.

As for how is this a bigger security risk than a bank? It is just as insecure as a bank, BITCOIN is way more secure than this scheme because private keys can be stored OFF OF YOUR BODY.
The government can force me to perform the facial actions required for face recognition, and similarly, it can force me to say the bank card number and password, or the private key of Bitcoin. In terms of absolute power, no encryption technology will work. Bitcoin is not stored outside of my body, it is also stored in my brain.

I dont believe you or anyone truly remembers their private key if its any good, the real security of a private key comes from the discrete log problem and opting in to remembering it is your way of attaching a biological security vulnerability to it. There is nothing in bitcoin core that forces you to memorize your private key, its 100% optional.
Although I cannot remember the number of the private key, I can remember the specific location where the private key password is stored
sha420hashcollision

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2023, 03:29:25 AM

Although I cannot remember the number of the private key, I can remember the specific location where the private key password is stored

Which is not on your body.

Most people dont need to memorize their private key so they dont.

It is much easier to hide information.
thecodebear

Activity: 2086
Merit: 813

View Profile
April 01, 2023, 03:27:20 PM

Yes of course as you say it can be done through identities. But then you have something very different than Satoshi's idea. You have a system where every single person on the network must be identified. Of course a system can be designed that puts limits based on identity (distribute mining rewards evenly, only allow one address per person), but then you have no privacy. Also this relies on the idea that no one can spoof someone's identity through whatever identity recognition system is used.

The reason Satoshi used PoW is because you can't spoof processing power. And of course he wanted to avoid the hassles and issues involved with identities.
Regarding face recognition, there is no privacy for the unique node. This may be another development direction of blockchain, which can prevent legal elements from using token transactions. The most important thing is that everyone can use mobile phones to mine, so that blockchain data can be distributed on everyone's mobile phones. Is it safer and more accessible for ordinary people to participate

If you destroy the whole concept just to make it more accessible you haven't done anything good.

Sure you can do one-id-one-vote mining but in order to do that you are going to have to rely on trusted third parties, and then you no longer have decentralization. Facial recognition wouldn't work well because you'd have people stealing other people's faces and generating fake faces and whatnot.

Also at this point you wouldn't be "mining". There would be no point in PoW mining if this is your setup because the idea you've set forth is to make the minting process available to anyone so you're not using competition for resources any more. You're using a identification system, where it is decentralized and secured through IDs. So in your setup there is no mining, there's just running your ID node from your phone and you are participating in the transaction verification network.

Anyway, since the essence of your system is based on identification what you really need is to involve trusted third parties that can verify IDs. There must be a whole legal apparatus put in place in case someone steals someone else's ID on the network. At which point instead of creating a more decentralized Bitcoin you've created a centralized trust-required crypto-banking industry with universal basic income. That's a very different thing.
Mobile phone transfer face recognition, mobile phone lock screen face recognition, and identity verification face recognition in your life are all based on trusted third parties. Why can they use a trusted third party when I just want to generate unique code using face recognition instead of using a trusted third party? Does anyone in your current life steal your face to unlock your phone, or transfer money through the stolen face?
"I just want a person to have only one node, and face recognition is the most feasible method I can think of currently.". Why must a person have only one node? Because if it weren't for this, the power of the node would be concentrated in the hands of wealthy people, like Bitcoin and Ethereum today.

you didn't address the issues with your idea. you just restated your idea.
yingyush55 (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2023, 02:43:47 PM

Bitcoin was originally designed to allow everyone to participate in mining, but now ordinary people in Bitcoin cannot participate in mining. The computational power is concentrated in several large mines.
Both Bitcoin and Ethereum can theoretically be centralized through huge amounts of money.
Can a new blockchain technology be designed to optimize Bitcoin blockchain technology from the bottom.
First of all, this blockchain technology must be that one person can only own one node. Otherwise, if a person like Ethereum has enough funds, it means generating enough nodes. That's how to go to the center. Bitcoin also means that a person can use huge funds to generate huge computing power, and that's how to go to the center.
The blockchain technology that I will design next is truly decentralized.
First, copy the underlying code of Bitcoin
Through face recognition technology, each person can only generate one node, a private key, and a public key.
By setting an upper limit on the computing power of each miner, it is possible to mine on a mobile phone without consuming too much computing power.
If we are interested, we can design such blockchain technology to run on mobile phones together.
By the way I don't know it's answer properly but I will say that currently Polygon Chain and also Ethereum Layer 2 projects could offer more defi solution and also lower transactions with less fee and faster transactions and that could lead to the adoption of more and more decentralized solutions and also a lot of Defi applications to run on these blockchains. So In future we might see full decentralized finance Blockchain that could revolutionize Bitcoin and also crypto.
Are you wrong? Do you seriously think that there are so many miners in Ethereum who will agree to switch from pow to pos? The development team can change the underlying code of Ethereum itself, and in the future, Ethereum will only develop in a direction that is beneficial to developers. Don't trust any currency except Bitcoin now.
sha420hashcollision

Activity: 98
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2023, 09:25:26 PM

Bitcoin was originally designed to allow everyone to participate in mining, but now ordinary people in Bitcoin cannot participate in mining. The computational power is concentrated in several large mines.
Both Bitcoin and Ethereum can theoretically be centralized through huge amounts of money.
Can a new blockchain technology be designed to optimize Bitcoin blockchain technology from the bottom.
First of all, this blockchain technology must be that one person can only own one node. Otherwise, if a person like Ethereum has enough funds, it means generating enough nodes. That's how to go to the center. Bitcoin also means that a person can use huge funds to generate huge computing power, and that's how to go to the center.
The blockchain technology that I will design next is truly decentralized.
First, copy the underlying code of Bitcoin
By the way I don't know it's answer properly but I will say that currently Polygon Chain and also Ethereum Layer 2 projects could offer more defi solution and also lower transactions with less fee and faster transactions and that could lead to the adoption of more and more decentralized solutions and also a lot of Defi applications to run on these blockchains. So In future we might see full decentralized finance Blockchain that could revolutionize Bitcoin and also crypto.

There is nothing decentralized about Polygon or Ethereum
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: