Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:48:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin (not a bitcoin fork) How-To  (Read 26788 times)
DStrange (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

Bytecoin Mining How-To

Preparatory stage:

1. Launch command line, navigate to Bytecoin's folder (e.g., “c:\bytecoin”)and launch “bytecoind” (Bytecoin daemon).

cd c:\bytecoin
   bytecoind

The daemon will start synchronizing the blockchain with the Bytecoin network. This may take some time.

2a. Open another instance of command line and navigate to Bytecoin’s folder. Generate new wallet with “simplewallet”.

simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=example_wallet.bin --pass=12345

Here “example_wallet.bin” is the name of the wallet (use .bin file extension) and “12345” is the password for your new wallet.

Wallet’s response:

Type in “refresh” command and press Enter:

refresh

The wallet will start synchronizing with the daemon:

2b. Alternatively, you can open an existing wallet (instead of creating a new one).

simplewallet --wallet-file=example_wallet.bin --pass=12345

Here “example_wallet.bin” is the name of the wallet (use .bin file extension) and “12345” is its password.

The wallet will start synchronizing with the daemon automatically. Once finished, you will be prompted with your current balance:

3.Start mining right from the wallet using “start_mining” command. The screenshot below contains wallet’s response:

start_mining

Daemon’s response:

 
4. You can check your current hashrate by using “show_hr” command in daemon. The daemon will start showing your current hashrate (number of hashes generated per second). Use “hide_hr” command to make the daemon stop showing hashrate:

show_hr
   hide_hr

5. To stop mining simply use “stop_mining” command either in daemon or in wallet:

stop_mining

 [imghttps://i.imgur.com/ldiJVPO.png]http://[/img]

6. Do not forget to properly exit the daemon and wallet by using “exit” command:

exit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abit2slo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

How To Transfer Coins

1. Start the bytecoind.exe file, let it synchronize with the network
2. Open your wallet
2. Use refresh command to sync it with the daemon
3. Type

transfer <number from 0 to 10> <receiver's address> <number of coins>

Be sure that receiver's address has no spaces - that may occur if you copy it from somewhere.
remember not to use "Ctrl+C" in command line. Use right-click and "paste" command instead.

Number of coins should have eight decimal places.

<number from 0 to 10> is called "mixin_count" in wallet hap info, which is the number of transactions your is indistinguishable from. This is probably a degree of anonymity, which is described in whitepaper

Example: "transfer 0 239gj9rgRe2XnGuBnTvqiE96ddhwwAQiC2BU1n7Z4pPPVmiCazCSA2JeEQH5Zp6H5MHW2Vb36Te1bjn LgW1MX88A5Rwr1r2 9000.00000000"

4. Press enter and wait.

As a result you should have wallet response similar to this one:

thankful_for_today

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

Dear DStrange and abit2slo!
Thank you for this topic.
This coin has an ugly interface but is very intresting as a technology.

Vote for BitMonero on Comkort exchange: https://comkort.com/vote
BTC: 1F1Ryrc2gvJQsVNTS5xvCxKugMjvbFRzX4
iamreddy44

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:34:34 PM

My wallet doesn't sync. Any idea?
DStrange (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:27:08 AM

It may appear if wallet is unable to connect to deamon by rpc port. First of all try to turn off firewall and anti-virus and sync wallet again.

iamreddy44

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:04:17 PM

It may appear if wallet is unable to connect to deamon by rpc port. First of all try to turn off firewall and anti-virus and sync wallet again.

Tried it and it didn't work.
I get :

Error: refresh failed: daemon is busy. Please try later. Blocks received: 0
DStrange (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:25:16 PM

Tried it and it didn't work.
I get :

Error: refresh failed: daemon is busy. Please try later. Blocks received: 0
Is your daemon fully synced to the network? I assume you can't sync wallet with the daemon as long as daemon is syncing with the network. It's just a assumption but could work.

iamreddy44

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:29:43 PM

The last line I get from the deamon is this:

2014-Mar-31 16:26:31.863418 [P2P9][5.19.238.139:8080 OUT]Sync data returned unkn
own top block [300->447072] <a1f20f2f872b4fcac91af24387f10c3549ce681512ffca8c4cb
1dbe600d316cd>, set SYNCHRONIZATION mode
2014-Mar-31 16:26:31.871423 [P2P9][5.19.238.139:8080 OUT] COMMAND_HANDSHAKE INVO
KED OK
DStrange (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

[300->447072]

That means your daemon synced only 300 blocks from 447072 existing. You just need to wait.

sadpanda

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:50:19 AM

Hey guys, can someone create a linux installation instruction? Was not able to install it myself -,-
Lamalicious

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:02:00 AM

Hey guys, can someone create a linux installation instruction? Was not able to install it myself -,-
I'm currently on it. Probably it will be ready later today or most likely tomorrow.

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

Hi, my command line interface doesnt work (dont know why) so I found another way to get started.

First a short description of my initial cmd line problem:

I can open my command line window from Windows>Start>Command line

I can execute the cd D:\...\bytecoin command (with "..." being the full path to my bytecoin folder).
The problem starts already when I punch in the next step, trying to open daemon with command:
"bytecoin or bytecoin.exe"

Both commands return the error message that the command is either misspelled or cannot be found (of course I enter the commands with the "").
There I go with no luck.

Workaround:

I right click on bytecoind.exe and >create a shortcut.

Run the shortcut and let the daemon download the blockchain (takes a few hours). You can put in the "set_log 1" or "set_log 2" commands to see the current progress.

Whenever you want to shut down the program dont forget to use the "save" or "exit" command in order to save your progress or you will have to start all over!

When the blockchain is synced you will see a green message notifiying you.

Now create your wallet: Make sure bytecoind.exe is running. Go to your simplewallet.exe folder (better create an own folder for your simplewallet.exe and put it in there not to mix up files with bytecoind.exe).

Create a short cut of simplewallet.exe and right click on the short cut and goto >Properties to review the first of the two input fields that is called something like "Target" or similar (sorry idk the english expression for this. Its called "Ziel" in German). This field should contain the file location and end on "bytecoin.exe"

The thing with short cuts is that you can add any parameters in the "Target" field like you would using the command line interface. So add "simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=wallet_name.bin --pass=12345" in the "Target" field with a space between bytecoin.exe AND the parameters! (like "D:\..\bytecoin.exe simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=wallet_name.bin --pass=12345"). You can either drop the password parameter or choose a password instead of the generic "12345". You can also choose a wallet name like "Spekulatiuswallet.bin" instead of "wallet_name.bin" or leave it as defaulted.

Next double click on the bytecoind shortcut to run it and press Enter if you have not set a password or Enter the password and press Enter in case you have.

Now write "refresh" and hit Enter to let the wallet catch up with the daemon. Once its done (takes a few minutes), write "save" + Enter and be happy because you have created your wallet without the need for using Windows command lines.

Mining:

To start mining enter "start_mining" into the wallet window and the daemon will start mining with 1 thread immediately. If you are unsure of how many threads your CPU supports open your task manager "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and goto the performance tab and count the CPU graphs displayed. You can also check out: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
To mine with more threads goto your wallet and enter "start_mining #" where # is the number of threads you want to devote to mining.

You can see how many hashes/sec you mine with by entering "show_hr" into you deamon (bytecoind.exe) window.

The help command is very useful to see other commands and puts out different results in simplewallet and bytecoind.

Hopes this helps some folks get started (I certianly learned something doing it Wink.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:24:35 PM

What about the minergate.com miner download? How do I know its no wallet stealer?
thankful_for_today

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:25:09 AM

What about the minergate.com miner download? How do I know its no wallet stealer?

That's a problem with closed source.
I think this isn't important now because solo mining is much faster ( at least now, according to Patejl: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.msg5981866#msg5981866 ) and solo mining mode is always better for the network.

Vote for BitMonero on Comkort exchange: https://comkort.com/vote
BTC: 1F1Ryrc2gvJQsVNTS5xvCxKugMjvbFRzX4
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:24:06 AM

Hi, my command line interface doesnt work (dont know why) so I found another way to get started.

First a short description of my initial cmd line problem:

I can open my command line window from Windows>Start>Command line

I can execute the cd D:\...\bytecoin command (with "..." being the full path to my bytecoin folder).
The problem starts already when I punch in the next step, trying to open daemon with command:
"bytecoin or bytecoin.exe"

Both commands return the error message that the command is either misspelled or cannot be found (of course I enter the commands with the "").
There I go with no luck.
Well I'm not a professional or anything but I think windows is right - you actually misspelled - you should be using D:\...\bytecoind not a bytecoin Smiley
Lamalicious

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 12:35:52 PM

Ubuntu installation instruction.

First of all you will have to download ubuntu 13.10 - I’ve tried a lot of ubuntu <13 versions and none of it worked. I installed it on VirtualBox you can use your own PC - doesn’t matter. Also, instruction for instruction - read the whole step - then do it. So… let’s get to the setup shall we? Smiley

Setup:
1. Download few libraries and a compiler
   a. Open up  a terminal
   b. You will need this 4 things: GCC 4.7.3 or later (compiler), CMake 2.8.6 or later, Boost 1.53 or later (except 1.54 tho) and Git.
   c. In order to download and install this programs you will have to enter next 4 commands in the terminal : “sudo apt-get install gcc”, “sudo apt-get install cmake”, “sudo apt-get install libboost1.53-all-dev”, “sudo apt-get install git” (enter the command -> press enter -> wait a little -> done -> repeat for each command) -  I don’t need to remind you that you have to enter it without quotes, right? Smiley

2. As soon as everything is installed you will have to clone the git repository to your computer - in order to do that go to the terminal once again and enter: “git clone https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin.git

3. We’re almost done - bear with me Smiley Now you should be able to see the “bytecoin” folder in your Home tab. All you have to do now is go to the terminal once again and start a making process, you will be able to do this this way:
   a. In terminal go to the bytecoin catalogue using this command: “cd bytecoin” (assuming your bytecoin folder is in Home catalogue)
   b. Enter “make -j” command.
   c. Wait a while Smiley

That’s all! Executable files can be found in build/release/src catalogue - copy it wherever you want and mine freely using Linux system Smiley

In case of any questions - leave it below - I’m not a regular visitor of this forum but I’ll try to help as soon as I can.

DStrange (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 01:33:28 PM

Thank you, Lamalicious

pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:29:09 PM

Ok I finally decided to run this, tho I suspect it may simply turn my computer into zombie...
It works but I got message like this twice:

2014-Apr-05 23:24:02.522505 [P2P8]ERROR c:\projects\sorrybigbro\src\p2p\net_node.inl:744 check_trust failed to check tim
e conditions, last_stat_request_time=1396736567, proof_time=1396736299

c:\projects\sorrybigbro  Huh

Also, bytecoind eats 1 whole core even without mining?

Patejl

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:29:00 PM

A funny fact: My old Corei5 (cca 6 H/s) is giving me more blocks than much stronger Xeon 1245 V3 (14,2 H/s)
Statistic is a bitch.  Cheesy

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:00:34 AM

Is it even possible to install daemon+wallet to the ubuntu <13? Stable version is more legit to my opinion.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit