Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:24:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Blank Poll

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LeaseRig.net Rent & Hire Scrypt(Jane/Nfactor)/SHA3/SHA256/X11 HashPower!  (Read 125766 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:11:45 PM

hi Admin,

why i can just rent the rig for only one hour every time?

That is decided by each individual rig provider.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
martinyin

Activity: 512
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

hi Admin,

That is decided by each individual rig provider.

ok, thanks!

Am I spamming? Report me!
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:16:13 PM

Outdated pricing structure still a possibility while both competition sites use clear "per hour" system.

We will not be adding this consumer trick to LR anytime soon.  Multi-pools and calculators and ROI calcs use BTC per Unit of Hash per day (BTC/Mhs/Day) etc.  So you can use pool-picker.eu, name a multi-pool, bitcoinwisdom, etc.  To determine your mining profits as B/MH/Day.    The hourly pricing is a trick to confuse people by selling something using a pricing system not shared by the rest of the market.  

Hour hourly prices are available on the hire page for anyone who allows 1 hour rentals.    

If I'm wrong from a consumer view let me know but I get this from our customers who like to be able to see what their pool/mining pays out per hashing unit per day.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

hi Admin,

If you are speaking about the UnicornXX or XMKXX Rigs, they are used for testing purposes so the max lease time is 1 hour.   The new demo series of rigs will also feature a one hour cap on rentals.

byt411

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:19:50 PM

Outdated pricing structure still a possibility while both competition sites use clear "per hour" system.

We will not be adding this consumer trick to LR anytime soon.  Multi-pools and calculators and ROI calcs use BTC per Unit of Hash per day (BTC/Mhs/Day) etc.  So you can use pool-picker.eu, name a multi-pool, bitcoinwisdom, etc.  To determine your mining profits as B/MH/Day.    The hourly pricing is a trick to confuse people by selling something using a pricing system not shared by the rest of the market.  

Hour hourly prices are available on the hire page for anyone who allows 1 hour rentals.    

If I'm wrong from a consumer view let me know but I get this from our customers who like to be able to see what their pool/mining pays out per hashing unit per day.

I think you got it. Most customers calculate how much they earn per day, and then they compare rigs to see if they are profitable. If you do it per hour, the customer would have to multiply it by 24, and that's a lot of hassle for them.
We might as well have a vote for everything, since it should represent opinions better.
Accordus

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:06:25 PM

I think you got it. Most customers calculate how much they earn per day, and then they compare rigs to see if they are profitable. If you do it per hour, the customer would have to multiply it by 24, and that's a lot of hassle for them.
We might as well have a vote for everything, since it should represent opinions better.

miaviator: You could be true, yes. Seems to me that you are implying with your understanding that most customers rent for full days.
But what normally happens is that providers set their price to (live=known="NiceHash") market profitability plus some margin but only for the longest period. Shorter periods have waaaaay off prices. I mean five times more or similar. Those rents will happen very rare on today markets. Especially because short term customers can easily find their provider on competition.
(And as rent history is gone from the site, I can not prove myself, but this is my feeling.)

What you are really doing is nothing else but selecting customers from your "universe" (total possible customers looking for providers) who are patient to click through Hire buttons multiple times and can write down lot of data and then handle complex comparisons on paper or Excel or in head.
My guess is that this is a limited number of customer set.

I was rented 5 times yesterday on MRR and maximized my earnings with timed pricing decisions. I was not rented longer than 12 hours for the last one week at least, but still made a profit.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:18:23 PM

miaviator: You could be true, yes. Seems to me that you are implying with your understanding that most customers rent for full days.
But what normally happens is that providers set their price to (live=known="NiceHash") market profitability plus some margin but only for the longest period. Shorter periods have waaaaay off prices. I mean five times more or similar. Those rents will happen very rare on today markets. Especially because short term customers can easily find their provider on competition.
(And as rent history is gone from the site, I can not prove myself, but this is my feeling.)

What you are really doing is nothing else but selecting customers from your "universe" (total possible customers looking for providers) who are patient to click through Hire buttons multiple times and can write down lot of data and then handle complex comparisons on paper or Excel or in head.

I was rented 5 times yesterday on MRR and maximized my earnings with timed pricing decisions. I was not rented longer than 12 hours for the last one week at least, but still made a profit.

You are taking this the wrong way.  But I want to know what we could do make the calculation part easier.  What would the display the page or the filter look like?   

What I'm saying is that ROI is calculated in BTC/MH/Day by all major sites.   Changing to BTC per MH per Hour would a huge calculation to determining ROI.  We are not trying to hide our providers prices.   

And we offer reduced fees and bonuses to providers who reduce prices to their pool payouts + a reasonable margin! 

You show me a way we can make the site show you the data you want without losing the BTC/MH/DAY price display and I'll start working on it.

Accordus

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:30:40 PM

You are taking this the wrong way.  But I want to know what we could do make the calculation part easier.  What would the display the page or the filter look like?   

What I'm saying is that ROI is calculated in BTC/MH/Day by all major sites.   Changing to BTC per MH per Hour would a huge calculation to determining ROI.  We are not trying to hide our providers prices.   

And we offer reduced fees and bonuses to providers who reduce prices to their pool payouts + a reasonable margin! 

You show me a way we can make the site show you the data you want without losing the BTC/MH/DAY price display and I'll start working on it.

I got you.
BTC/MH/Day data presentation must stay. No question about it! Never said against it. Must have misunderstood somewhere back.

Reasonable pricing by providers for short term is a must if you want to compete on today market.
That's all.

The simplest way to reach this would be to strongly emphasize providers using flat pricing schemes.
Strongly means strongly.

byt411

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:32:06 PM

I got you.
BTC/MH/Day data presentation must stay. No question about it! Never said against it. Must have misunderstood somewhere back.

Reasonable pricing by providers for short term is a must if you want to compete on today market.
That's all.

The simplest way to reach this would be to strongly emphasize providers using flat pricing schemes.
Strongly means strongly.

I don't agree. I price my rigs reasonably, but I refuse for someone forcing me to do so. It's a free market, everyone is open to price their rigs to what they want.
Accordus

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

I don't agree. I price my rigs reasonably, but I refuse for someone forcing me to do so. It's a free market, everyone is open to price their rigs to what they want.
And any specific set of customers of the customer-universe are free to just not dig for your reasonable price if competition website can give them the same or better result without the hassle.

I am a marketing and sales guy and thinking in customer groups not individuals.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:33:16 PM

And any specific set of customers of the customer-universe are free to just not dig for your reasonable price if competition website can give them the same or better result without the hassle.

I am a marketing and sales guy and thinking in customer groups not individuals.

Kids, you're both right  Grin

I like the tiered/progressive/whatchamacallit pricing system but I don't think it needs to force the user to do complex math to rent a rig.

The site could present a few different views depending on how the renter want to see it.

If the renter has a budget, it could show the best rigs for the money, i.e. ones that would produce most hashes/diff1 shares/whatever accounting for all pricing tiers and discounts.

If the renter needs a certain hashrate for a certain time, it could show the cheapest rigs (or combinations of multiple rigs?) that could fill that, again accounting for all pricing tiers and discounts.

If the renter has a price in mind there is already LR3 order system.

Not sure what else the renters would want to see but I'm pretty sure there are ways to present the information without scaring them with the complexities of rig pricing.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:35:48 PM

One of the great things about leaserigs is that it allows providers to set different types of rates.

When I started I used higher prices for short rentals and lower prices for long rentals, that seemed logical to me to offer the best rates for longer commitments.

Once my number of rigs increased it just became too much of hassle to keep changing them all so swapped to the flat rate scheme.

Having said that I can see what you are saying about making it easier for customers to find the types of rigs that they want

Maybe a new icon could be added

[-] flat rate
[\] tiered pricing.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:24:35 PM

One of the great things about leaserigs is that it allows providers to set different types of rates.

When I started I used higher prices for short rentals and lower prices for long rentals, that seemed logical to me to offer the best rates for longer commitments.

Once my number of rigs increased it just became too much of hassle to keep changing them all so swapped to the flat rate scheme.

Having said that I can see what you are saying about making it easier for customers to find the types of rigs that they want

[-] flat rate
[\] tiered pricing.

@Accordus @Tigggger

BRP for hours ANY = Dynamic

BRP for hours 72 means the best price is at the 72 hour plan.

Where else should this go?

Accordus

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:47:22 PM

[-] flat rate
[\] tiered pricing.

@Accordus @Tigggger

BRP for hours ANY = Dynamic

BRP for hours 72 means the best price is at the 72 hour plan.

Where else should this go?

This at least>
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 10:54:41 PM

"The Card Card System is still in BETA". This would have been the ultimate killer feature on the market. Easy to advertise. A Unique selling point for LR. Amazing stuff. But where is it?

It was trashed during the BETA.

The BETA group was able to have a frenzy with stolen credit cards among other things.  Not our best beta by any means.   The new verification system just rolled out to development level beta testers and we've completed some leases already today.  

Shouldn't be long just a few tweaks on the verification side and everything else is already done.

Accordus

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:43:22 PM

"The Card Card System is still in BETA". This would have been the ultimate killer feature on the market. Easy to advertise. A Unique selling point for LR. Amazing stuff. But where is it?

The BETA group was able to have a frenzy with stolen credit cards among other things.  Not our best beta by any means.   The new verification system just rolled out to development level beta testers and we've completed some leases already today.  

Shouldn't be long just a few tweaks on the verification side and everything else is already done.

Fantastic news.
The customer universe should triple at least. Remember, the people with interest in "coins" but not having BTC to pay for a rig is numerous. People with access to BTC and still having interest in coins are less and less day by day. (Because they already know this whole game...)

Just be loud about it on forums and in advertisements.
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 11:48:14 PM

IDK, that removes some needed info.

But I wonder if we could add a BRP filter?

Like a checkbox, set the filter for the hours and check the BRP button to only show plans between x hours.... NVM.  I still have no real concept of the request or implementation?

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 11:49:53 PM

Fantastic news.
The customer universe should triple at least. Remember, the people with interest in "coins" but not having BTC to pay for a rig is numerous. People with access to BTC and still having interest in coins are less and less day by day. (Because they already know this whole game...)

Just be loud about it on forums and in advertisements.

The public beta has restrictions for CC users:

Teir 1 Requirements:
USD only
CC usage up to $100 per 30 days.
Account must be at least 30 days old
Rent at least 72 hours in the last 30 days
Pass credit card verification*
2FA enabled on your account

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 04:08:51 AM

This weekmonth at LeaseRig.net

July 17 2014

All Leases now feature Automated cancellations and refunds in case of a downed miner!
  • BETA Programs:
    • Credit Card validation has been moved to development BETA.
      • The original credit card deployment was scrapped due to fraud and abuse concerns.
      • The new system is on line and functioning for development level beta testers.
      • We have completed leases using the new code and hope to move to private beta next week.
    • LR3 Hash MarketPlace(In FEE FREE BETA)
      • Allows customers to order hashpower by the accepted share WITH NO FEES!
      • We have deployed an LR3 hash-power ordering marketplace for the SCRYPT algorithm.
      • This is a public beta for customers and an open beta for all providers.
      • LR3 uses a remote stratum proxy and will be available as a new provider rig connection method after the beta
    • On-Site Refunds
      • The automated refund system doesn't catch everything and many providers like to give back to frequent renters.
      • On-Site pro-rated refunds are in developer beta and will be rolled out during the next update.
  • Fixes:
      Bulk price setting for dynamic rental plans Fixed a condition allowing double leases on certain provider rigs
  • Minor Features:
      Your Mom
  • Major Features:
    • Auto-Withdraws
      • Allows providers to auto-withdraw earnings
      • Reserve amount is available so providers can still rentrigs
    • Provider Earnings reports:
      • Providers can see a table and a graph of earnings byMiner or Algorithm
      • Selectable views to graph Income, Leases and Hours Leased
      • Selectable time frame to view the past day, week, month or year
      • Selectable time frame by week will be added soon.
    • Provider Lease history
      • A new history view so providers can scroll through all Leases
  • Emaculate Changes:
    • Legacy Payments system disabled
      • All Legacy providers upgraded to the advanced platform!
        All leases are now running with automated cancellations and refunds.

BakSAj

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:37:54 AM

Good job on credit cards! How can I join this Beta as a provider? And my usual question: What is the ETA for new behind-NAT solution?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: