Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:34:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: with the high transaction fees btc makes me stronger to hold btc.  (Read 370 times)
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
May 12, 2023, 11:53:56 AM

I don't see TX fees this high as an advantage or a positive, BTC is a 'free' currency that should be used anyhow the owner wants it. You can hold it for the long term even if TX fees are normal, you don't need high TX fees to do that, but when TX fees are this high you hinder and restrict people who want to spend BTC like a currency that it is, and restricting people from using BTC as a currency is a very big problem. BTC is not only an investment option, and your post makes it feel as if it is only good for that.

Maybe OP is being discourage to make a transaction to spend his Bitcoin on something he needs or wants because of high transaction fee. I don't see any problem with that since it's his decision whether to spend his Bitcoin hodlings or not in any kind of situation. Maybe he is just being practical about his money, especially if his Bitcoin holding is his only funds where he use in buying foods, paying bills, paying rents, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaliandra (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2023, 11:46:53 AM

I don't see TX fees this high as an advantage or a positive, BTC is a 'free' currency that should be used anyhow the owner wants it. You can hold it for the long term even if TX fees are normal, you don't need high TX fees to do that, but when TX fees are this high you hinder and restrict people who want to spend BTC like a currency that it is, and restricting people from using BTC as a currency is a very big problem. BTC is not only an investment option, and your post makes it feel as if it is only good for that.

I have no intention of limiting and restraining other people from transacting btc and so on.
and i am just stating my opinion and what i do with my personal investment in btc. just try to read carefully my post, whether intended for other people or not.

In my opinion, managing other people or limiting other people is not a good thing, because everyone has different opinions and strategies in business and investing in btc.
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 658
Merit: 598

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2023, 12:40:16 PM

i want to hear your opinion,,,
and are you freaking out about the high btc transaction fees...?

but in my opinion if transacting btc it would be better to use a cheap transaction method.

Btc high transaction fee will not bring any positive change in btc because we have seen Ethereum high gas fee which only increased the complain and when other chains are introduced with low fee, many investors migrated to these chains because they doesn't want to spend high fee for sending, providing liquidity etc. The same case here are also and i see many people start complaining about btc high tx.

One of the feature due to which we can say that Btc is better than other sources is low fee because you have to pay only 1$ or below for sending as many btc as you want to any overseas country which is not possible with other payment method yet. Btc transaction doesn't mean that btc will be sold but ut can be used for other sources also which is now freeze. Now everything comes to normal and number of transaction start increasing which i think is good for btc.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: