Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eudaemon: A peer-to-peer electronic identity system  (Read 796 times)
FreeWorldUsers

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2023, 02:36:46 PM

Hi,

In TUI `./eud-tui`, type key `p` to go into Profile. then type key `e` to Export identity bloq - for connecting with others. It will export a BLOQ file name `[YOURNAME]IDNO.bloq` in your home folder. Send that file to your friend.

In your friend side, after run TUI `./eud-tui`, type key `f` to go into Friends, then type key `a` to Add friend, then type key `f` to Import a friend, next is select the BLOQ file received from you to import, and follows steps.

Your friend has to export and send BLOQ file to you, and you do import that file as well.

Best!

Great thanks for explanation here is my file :
https://transfer.sh/GRfOqv/JustMineItIDNO.bloq you can get it with wget

can you send me your ID by transfer.sh website ? also anyone who want to do it ?

I will also try today. Looks nice.

ok so send me Your ID too
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
April 28, 2023, 03:35:31 PM

reserved
How do I add my server as an Device as I cant open syncthing as it need to use 127.0.0.1 address instead of my machine IP ?
On my main local node added ID of my second Device but can add it on my hosted remote one, any advice ?
Also does My hosted works like backup will keep my node working all time even if my local is off ?

and can you get my ID from https://transfer.sh/GRfOqv/JustMineItIDNO.bloq

and upload yours so I can be with contact with you on the EUD ?
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 06:52:56 AM

reserved

Can you make an discord channel for quicker communication ?
I think is nessesary to get more contributors and donors to rewrite project in rust or go lang and then maybe we should focus on GUI wallet for windows as idea is really great but we need to allow simple users to join it and use and not all have some primary skills to run it on ubuntu or other linux system.
eudaemonia (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 11:27:33 AM

reserved
How do I add my server as an Device as I cant open syncthing as it need to use 127.0.0.1 address instead of my machine IP ?
On my main local node added ID of my second Device but can add it on my hosted remote one, any advice ?
Also does My hosted works like backup will keep my node working all time even if my local is off ?

Firstly never mess with the settings in syncthing gui - it is there purely for debug viewing. If you changed any settings there you should:
n) Refresh network
and
i) Reinitialise network
from the main menu. Syncthing is fully managed by the eudaemon.

Multi device does work but it does not yet conform exactly to the protocol specification. New devices should create a discrete device key. Currently any additional devices added will use the same device key. They already properly create independent fresh syncthing transport keys at least..

Your first device will be your master device. Any additional devices added will be set to "slave / follow" mode where they cannot form bloqs, however they will propagate your new bloqs created by your master device and collect messages from your peers - AND propagate their bloqs as well. So you will be helping all your friends when you make your second device an always on server.

If you re-enable lines 207 and 529 in eud-tui.bash then you will have the options to add multiple devices.
      #echo "a) Add this device to an existing identity" #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable
      #echo "a) Add device - add additional devices that you control." #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable

I did re-stabilise the code before launch - it is working fine. I left in disabled because it does not perfectly reflect the protocol specification.
Alice1212

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 11:35:13 AM

Hello,

My Kukos balance is negative now
Code:
* Your kudos balance is: -46,739,860 Kudos

Is that normal ?
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 12:29:42 PM

reserved

Firstly never mess with the settings in syncthing gui - it is there purely for debug viewing. If you changed any settings there you should:
n) Refresh network
and
i) Reinitialise network

Multi device does work but it does not yet conform exactly to the protocol specification. New devices should create a discrete device key. Currently any additional devices added will use the same device key. They already properly create independent fresh syncthing transport keys at least..

Your first device will be your master device. Any additional devices added will be set to "slave / follow" mode where they cannot form bloqs, however they will propagate your new bloqs created by your master device and collect messages from your peers - AND propagate their bloqs as well. So you will be helping all your friends when you make your second device an always on server.

If you re-enable lines 207 and 529 in eud-tui.bash then you will have the options to add multiple devices.
      #echo "a) Add this device to an existing identity" #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable
      #echo "a) Add device - add additional devices that you control." #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable

I did re-stabilise the code before launch - it is working fine. I left in disabled because it does not perfectly reflect the protocol specification.

Does daemin need any specified ports to be open for nice communication between nodes ?
chinagump

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 03:48:38 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2023, 03:58:39 PM by chinagump

Hello, I'm from China. I saw the file you posted. But I don't know how to run it? I know some basic Ubantu systems

Download and run:
https://codeberg.org/agathos/Eudaemon/src/branch/main/releases/Eudaemon_installer.bash
$ ./Eudaemon_installer.bash
You need bash, zip and gpg to install Eudaemon, please install first
I downloaded Git using Windows

Then search for the tutorial and follow the prompts. However, I downloaded the ZIP installation package online, but I don't know much about programming. Can you teach me

OK  解决了
 but

Some MANDATORY dependencies are missing:
** python3 sqlite3 syncthing vifm jq pgrep pkill ssss-split ssss-combine inotify

chinagump

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 04:04:56 PM

I have already experimented for everyone, and even installation cannot be completed without a programming foundation.

I hope there is a telegram for communication telling me how to install and excavate
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2023, 08:41:42 PM

Here is my-

https://transfer.sh/oBJ3Ks/RichmanIDNO.bloq

I have added two friends
JustMineIt
F04ever

Now what can try at this stage?

Update: I did send few messages. Can you guys see?
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 02:47:57 AM

Hello, I'm from China. I saw the file you posted. But I don't know how to run it? I know some basic Ubantu systems

Download and run:
https://codeberg.org/agathos/Eudaemon/src/branch/main/releases/Eudaemon_installer.bash
$ ./Eudaemon_installer.bash
You need bash, zip and gpg to install Eudaemon, please install first
I downloaded Git using Windows

Then search for the tutorial and follow the prompts. However, I downloaded the ZIP installation package online, but I don't know much about programming. Can you teach me

OK  解决了
 but

Some MANDATORY dependencies are missing:
** python3 sqlite3 syncthing vifm jq pgrep pkill ssss-split ssss-combine inotify

Sorry chinagump, as per the release notes this is a proof-of-concept - it is a demonstration that the protocol is possible that has known bugs and and is not intended to run as a production system.

From the release notes in the original post:
This is a proof of concept!
Built on Linux, tested some time ago on Freebsd. Has not been tested on macos and windows.

It should work on linux subsystem for windows - but I have never tried it on windows.

If you use ubuntu on linux subsystem for windows it should allow you to resolve all the mandatory dependencies automatically.
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 03:19:20 AM

Hello,

Code:

Is that normal ?

This is certainly not normal.

Perhaps you could share the steps you took to get to that point? It could be a clock problem on your machine as kudos is linked to time.
What OS are you on?
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 03:28:59 AM

reserved

n) Refresh network
and
i) Reinitialise network

Does daemin need any specified ports to be open for nice communication between nodes ?

This is purely related to syncthing which is the transport layer that Eudaemon currently uses. It generally works well out of the box with no configuration. It will use syncthing's public relays and discovery system.
Syncthing port information:
https://docs.syncthing.net/users/firewall.html
Discussion on syncthing NAT hole punching turn and stun:
https://forum.syncthing.net/t/a-few-questions-about-quic-hole-punching-and-stun/16490
f04ever

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 06:24:41 AM

Hello,

Code:

Is that normal ?

Perhaps you could share the steps you took to get to that point? It could be a clock problem on your machine as kudos is linked to time.
What OS are you on?
Alice1212

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 06:26:35 AM

I am on Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS. Time synced well. Steps as below:
- Install dependencies and Eudaemon.
- Create my identity.
- Add friends: two friends.
- A day after that, Kudos balance is about 1xxx, I dont remember exactly.
- I try to send some kusos to friends, but It gives error that i need the balance must greater than amount to be sent.
- I found that my balance is negative, about 20,xxx,xxx Kudos.
- A day after that I try some times Refresh network (n), and Reinitialise network (i). The balance went back to zero.
- Try to send kudos again, error, balance went as double negavtive -46,739,860 Kudos. Now it is -46,738,918 Kudos. Looks increasing.

What should I do next?
Should I create a new Id?

Thank you and Best!

Hello,

Code:

Is that normal ?

What OS are you on?
gameparadise007

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 06:37:34 AM

How to read unread bloqs?
I don't see any option .
f04ever

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 06:44:15 AM

I don't see any option .

You can:
1. Check unread messages in chat (c) or in broadcasting (b)
2. Check bloqs in Notifications (v), and can mark it as read.

That is as I do

Best!
gcarreno

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 08:14:17 AM

Hey Y'all,

This looks very promising!!

One thing only irks me up quite a lot: The tones the daemon produces from time to time.

So, I have to ask: WHY? Cuz it's pretty annoying when you're in the middle of a video you're watching, and the tones pop up to ruin your enjoyment of said video?

So, fine peeps from EU, what gives?! Smiley

Cheers,
Gus
gameparadise007

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 08:26:25 AM

I don't see any option .

You can:
1. Check unread messages in chat (c) or in broadcasting (b)
2. Check bloqs in Notifications (v), and can mark it as read.

That is as I do

Best!

Thanks. Working for me now.
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 08:31:08 AM

Here is my-

https://transfer.sh/oBJ3Ks/RichmanIDNO.bloq

I have added two friends
JustMineIt
F04ever

Now what can try at this stage?

Update: I did send few messages. Can you guys see?
Added You as a friend Smiley
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 08:45:01 AM

reserved

n) Refresh network
and
i) Reinitialise network

This is purely related to syncthing which is the transport layer that Eudaemon currently uses. It generally works well out of the box with no configuration. It will use syncthing's public relays and discovery system.
Syncthing port information:
https://docs.syncthing.net/users/firewall.html
Discussion on syncthing NAT hole punching turn and stun:
https://forum.syncthing.net/t/a-few-questions-about-quic-hole-punching-and-stun/16490

Ok so as you said Syncthing is just for debug and better to not do anything there what if I get a loot of messegaes that others want to share some folders :

motions wants to share folder "JustMineIt mempool" (6524844D6D045FDB5AF52713B5AF9B3225078F93mempool). Share this folder?

RichManUbuntu wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

plateau wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

motions wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

con1 wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

There is option to add but the folder field is empty should I just ignore that messages or add those folders ? and leave Syncthing  without a touch
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: