Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Excessive Rain Can Hamper the Economic Cycle  (Read 299 times)
WatChe

Activity: 924
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2023, 08:50:29 AM

Heavy rain is just one part of climate change.  In fact, where I live, there is usually no rain and high humidity like this year.  It rains all week in January which is rare, in addition the wind is very strong.  Rain also damages agricultural products and food crops, leading to higher prices.  I think it is an element that has a significant influence on economic development.

Excess of everything is bad whether its continuous rain or drought. For last one year in my country there are unusual rains along with hailstorm and due to this crop production has significantly gone down. Its may and in May we have heat at it's peak but due to unusual rains fans of off. There are floods coming in winter also due to these rains. There is urgent need of measures to stop global warming.  
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2023, 10:11:10 AM

I hope that on this day all of you are always healthy and can still carry out activities as usual with great comfort, because here at the end of Indonesia where I am experiencing flooding due to continuous rain for the last 12 hours and causing puddles in several villages that are very close with the outskirts of the city as well as being very close to the river. Usually we say that rain is a blessing for farmers, but excess water is a disaster for everyone so that it hampers the activities of all local residents and will obviously greatly affect their economic cycle.

Some of the residents' land belonging to farmers around here have been flooded and hopefully the rain will stop soon and the puddles can recede soon and I hope the local government will be able to handle this properly soon. Because at the beginning of the year we always feel excessive rain and that really suits the weather here where the rainy season here always occurs at the end to the beginning of the year.

As an ordinary person, I also feel the impact of this because when the floods hit, people who usually sell snacks on the side of the road also cannot carry out their usual activities because they are all busy looking after their own homes and those around them. Hopefully this does not happen at your place and especially elsewhere in Indonesia.

I think we'll start to see much more dramatic weather cycles in future and it is, as always, going to affect the poorest the worst. Too little rain or too much rain can be equally damaging, but some countries are very poor at resource management because of government corruption or incompetence, are likely to be worse off. We are going to see more extreme weather events due to warming, the ice caps melting and certain areas which are close to sea level might actually be lost for this reason. These things can be mitigated somewhat by improving infrastructure to deal with flooding, but it's an expensive business and sometimes people don't reinvest money wisely into their future like they should.

that is also what I've noticed people are more investing to finding another planet to lived than focusing to fix our mother earth which is the sad problem, we constantly getting minerals and deforestation in our world as we need this resources and also people keeps inventing things that make the harvesting of those mineral faster than before and only people are taking care or fixing what they have destroyed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: