Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I keep crypto after buying it?  (Read 452 times)
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 03:21:36 PM

As far as I know not all types of tokens are listed on all exchanges.So you can buy coins which are listed on that exchange. However, be careful because many exchanges get hacked.

Actions of hacking or theft are prone to occur in exchanges, although not all exchanges are old, but most of the exchanges that we feel are not very private, we are not too sure about these exchanges, but sometimes there are also old and well-known exchanges that can crash and this is also one of the factors that must be considered when you want to store assets on the stock exchange.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
asawale

Activity: 136
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2023, 02:09:53 PM

If I want to buy crypto, then I believe I have to go to a broker or an exchange (assuming I don't know someone who wants to sell me some). So I've got to pay them. Are they regulated enough that I can be confident that they won't just run off with my money once I've paid them? Can I pay be credit card? Then, once I have bought from the broker or exchange, do they transfer the crypto to a wallet that I control? Or do they keep the crypto in their own wallet as a custodian? If so, again, how can I trust them?

Also, is there an advantage to buying from a broker over buying on an exchange?

Thanks

Buying crypto from any broker you don't personally know is a risk too big to take when buy cryptocurrency. The best way to buy cryptocurrency is to buy on exchange and the safest place to keep your cryptocurrencies is your personal wallet which you're sure its security has not been compromised.
CryptSafe

Activity: 742
Merit: 421

View Profile
June 16, 2023, 02:25:21 PM

If I want to buy crypto, then I believe I have to go to a broker or an exchange (assuming I don't know someone who wants to sell me some). So I've got to pay them. Are they regulated enough that I can be confident that they won't just run off with my money once I've paid them? Can I pay be credit card? Then, once I have bought from the broker or exchange, do they transfer the crypto to a wallet that I control? Or do they keep the crypto in their own wallet as a custodian? If so, again, how can I trust them?

Also, is there an advantage to buying from a broker over buying on an exchange?

Thanks

Buying crypto from any broker you don't personally know is a risk too big to take when buy cryptocurrency. The best way to buy cryptocurrency is to buy on exchange and the safest place to keep your cryptocurrencies is your personal wallet which you're sure its security has not been compromised.
Certainly not all brokers are same. If a broker was recommended for you by a reputable member then I would say there should be an iota of truce in the system because you know the people involved based on recommendations but as you have said, nobody is an island that would get dumb to the point of taking such risk going to a broker you met online or otherwise.

Possibly, if you can meet with them one on one them that would be good but you can only do that if you want to undermine your safety but you should always have it in the back of your mind that safety comes first as you do not know who you are going to deal with as you have not met with them before.

For storage or safety of your funds and assets, your self custodial wallet should be your end point to our own safety.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀