Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resume Writing Service  (Read 196 times)
fade400 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:39:03 AM

Has anyone had any experience with professional resume writing services? Which service did you go with? How much did it cost you? Did you go for a cover letter too? What about these linkedin profile makeovers? Did it increase the number of interviews you scored? What was your overall satisfaction with the writer/service you hired?

Yesterday I decided to randomly click one of those 30 second resume critiques and today when I got the feedback, I was surprised that a real person went through my resume and highlighted key issues that I can agree on. Or at least, they convinced me into agreeing. But I never knew that hiring managers use special filtering software to eliminate applicants. I have been writing my resumes myself for the last few years but now I am wondering if the playing field has changed and I should up my game by investing a little money. The service I saw was about $150 for resume, $200 for resume & cover letter, and $350 for the all of that plus one of their top writers. Another service I saw was quoting prices in the thousands of dollars.

What is a good price to pay for this sort of thing? Anyone have any recommendations for particular services they have used?
JAbbot1985

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 10:18:39 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2020, 08:56:24 AM by JAbbot1985

The price depends on the service which they give. For me, it is more convenient $150 but anyway, it is your choice. I left my job and I wanted to rewrite my CV  some months ago for sending it to many companies but none call me back. I didn't understand why? but one friend told me that my CV is very simple and bad. I began to search for information on how to write it in the best way and I came across Web Developer Resume Sample template. I wrote after it and after sending it, I was called in some days.
Judeebeku09

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 10:35:04 AM

The price to pay to a well developed CV or Resume, as the case may be solely depend on individual. Some are willing to pay hundreds or thousands for a profession write up. So it all depends on you.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 12, 2020, 10:42:08 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2020, 10:59:44 AM by franky1

it is complex/impossible to get a 'perfect' resume template that works for all industries

each different industry are looking for different things. you are never going to get a perfect resume that every industry will pick as a great resume.

its better to tailor each resume to highlight the parts that really shine a light on the experience/skills you have which match that industries needs.
what usually happens, is the interviewers/HR departments dont read every resume they receive. they shortlist it first by things like

atleast getting the minimal grades/ having the qualifying course requirements.
then they look at things like do you even live in the area of work
(some companies wont fund a relocation/work from home, scheme so avoid even reading people out of area)
yep when you say 'i can commute, its not a problem' they are thinking 'train delays, not turning up on time. wanting extra salary to cover travel costs, unable to get in during snow seasons'

then with the shortlist. they look at the personal statement/covering letter
many industries want to know if your the right fit. because in some cases even though you have got the qualification you may not have learned the subject matter/remembered it.

so when you write your personal statement/covering letter. dont waffle. (my flaw) stick to the specifics of what you can offer that meets their needs. and how what they do will give you the passion and desire to be a hard loyal worker that will help elevate both you and them to the next level

in short dont worry much about presentation. instead worry about investigating the company to pick the points of what they need and highlight how you know you can fill those needs

custom bespoke resumes per industry is much better than a single well presented template for all industries.

if a resume service is charging you hundred/thousands. but not asking what industry you are applying for. be very wary.
treat it as a 'presentation' /layout guide. and then from that template customise it to the industry specifics

(pre-empt knitpick: how i write on social forums is not how i write on formal documents)

as for interview questions
'what animal do you see yourself as'
answer: whale/dolphin/fish (depending on the level of position your applying for
can be responsible independently or work in a pod to get the task done

saying shark is for the door to door independent guys working on commission
saying your a cute animal is for the care sector
saying your a house pet means you rely on those above you to constantly feed you(try sticking to non-domestic animal unless the business wants obedient employees(mcdonalds))

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
DrWho42

Activity: 263
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2021, 11:23:29 PM

i haven't really used such a service so i don't know  Huh

locus (http://locusmag.com)
nioctib_100

Activity: 130
Merit: 150

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 02:07:35 AM

I'm pretty happy with my current resume, but if I were in the position of changing it up or polishing it, I'd honestly consider using ChatGPT at the moment. I'm sure you could feed it your history of work and have it pick out the best jobs to highlight, write descriptions of your responsibilities in those roles, etc. Just make sure to polish it up so it's fully truthful in case the AI gives filler data/descriptions that aren't necessarily true.
octobuzz

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 03, 2023, 12:13:57 PM

There are a lot of resume writing service on the internet today and most of them are paid. Some offer freemium services while others are completely free.
I have used quite a handful of them in the past but the best would be resume.com. It's free and they help you construct concise and professional resumes minutes.

You can also find resume.io as an alternative. Only that is freemium and may require you to pay for some of their templates, especially the ones that you would like.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: