Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FBI disrupts 9 crypto exchanges used to facilitate criminal activities  (Read 281 times)
dewez
Copper Member

Activity: 220
Merit: 64

l0tt0.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2023, 02:35:34 PM

I wonder how the FBI or exchange users got themselves to these unknown exchanges ,because I expected this to be with larger exchanges were liquidity is not a problem and they have a larger userbase...besides you can't hide behind a small exchange because all users are unique and they know the traits of each user and a person can easily be spotted!

Btw wonder why these guys didn't simply use a mixer or something if they have the skills to do their illegally sh*t, guess not so smart after all Roll Eyes

i'm sure they are all owned by one person, or a group of people all hosted on same server/account/dc.

⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎          ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎            l0tt0.com            ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎          ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
B I T C O I N   G A M E S   L I K E   Y O U ' V E   N E V E R   S E E N !
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎          UNIQUE GAMES  |  NO KYC  |  WITHDRAW IN MINUTES          ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4271

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2023, 01:08:44 PM

I wonder how the FBI or exchange users got themselves to these unknown exchanges ,because I expected this to be with larger exchanges were liquidity is not a problem and they have a larger userbase...besides you can't hide behind a small exchange because all users are unique and they know the traits of each user and a person can easily be spotted!

Btw wonder why these guys didn't simply use a mixer or something if they have the skills to do their illegally sh*t, guess not so smart after all Roll Eyes

i'm sure they are all owned by one person, or a group of people all hosted on same server/account/dc.
Usually, if the case does not involve the United States and American citizens, then the FBI can monitor the activities of criminals for a long time. But when criminals try to instill their actions against the United States, then special services begin to work. If these exchanges work for fraud in the territory of the Russian Federation and the former countries of the USSR, then it is unprofitable to close them. Easier to follow and get more information.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bushdark

Activity: 868
Merit: 262

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2023, 10:42:18 PM

The FBI is doing a good job and this will help limit these kind of exchanges where stolen funds are used to exchange for other things. This will limit there expansion even the culprits behind the exchange would want to create another exchange to continue there business. This is not the first time this is happening, I have seen similar sites that was shot down by the security for some offense similar to this one. We hope to see the continuous fight against fraudsters and illegal exchanges.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
June 20, 2023, 11:12:57 PM

The FBI is doing a good job and this will help limit these kind of exchanges where stolen funds are used to exchange for other things. This will limit there expansion even the culprits behind the exchange would want to create another exchange to continue there business. This is not the first time this is happening, I have seen similar sites that was shot down by the security for some offense similar to this one. We hope to see the continuous fight against fraudsters and illegal exchanges.

We can commend them, but they barely scratch the surface here in my opinion. There could still be hundreds of fly by night crypto exchanges around just being used by criminals or in the long run, going to scam their customers.

We've seen this in the past and this is going to be a cat and mouse game. And definitely FBI are not going out full force if there is no American involved or at least this criminals are not operating inside the US, hence they might know this exchange for a long time and only makes a moved recently.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2023, 12:41:00 PM

We can commend them, but they barely scratch the surface here in my opinion. There could still be hundreds of fly by night crypto exchanges around just being used by criminals or in the long run, going to scam their customers.

We've seen this in the past and this is going to be a cat and mouse game. And definitely FBI are not going out full force if there is no American involved or at least this criminals are not operating inside the US, hence they might know this exchange for a long time and only makes a moved recently.
Mixer services, exchange, cashing is a very big business in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other countries. Closing sites won't help here. A lot of people are ready to be drops for a small salary and there is no criminal liability for this. If in Europe and the USA it is difficult to cash out criminal money, then in these countries it is easy. All contacts are on the darknet forums, and sites are quickly restored.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 11:51:27 PM

Mixer services, exchange, cashing is a very big business in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other countries. Closing sites won't help here. A lot of people are ready to be drops for a small salary and there is no criminal liability for this. If in Europe and the USA it is difficult to cash out criminal money, then in these countries it is easy. All contacts are on the darknet forums, and sites are quickly restored.

Yes, and if we can add, this criminals are the one putting all this fly by night crypto exchanges in countries like you mentioned, specially Russia and Ukraine which to me this is a business already.

And as we all know that there are a lot of hackers too in that country and we have seen a lot of black hat community either in clearnet or TOR propagating this one or even offered services to create exchanges for this purposes. And it's very easy for them to register and get a domain name. So again, this is a big task ahead for US government, Interpol. And it will take the government intervention as well to cooperate and take down this crypto exchanges.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zasad@
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2023, 11:26:39 AM

Yes, and if we can add, this criminals are the one putting all this fly by night crypto exchanges in countries like you mentioned, specially Russia and Ukraine which to me this is a business already.

And as we all know that there are a lot of hackers too in that country and we have seen a lot of black hat community either in clearnet or TOR propagating this one or even offered services to create exchanges for this purposes. And it's very easy for them to register and get a domain name. So again, this is a big task ahead for US government, Interpol. And it will take the government intervention as well to cooperate and take down this crypto exchanges.
In Russia, about 10 known sites for fraud and similar services are on the clearnet. These sites sometimes don't work because their owners do DOS attacks on each other.
The police are good at dealing with the sale of weapons and explosives. Such announcements are usually from police agents. Do not try to buy weapons in Russia on such sites. It is more difficult to fight the rest, several others immediately come to the place of one fraudster.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██