Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New US Ruling deems most altcoins, if not all are securities  (Read 219 times)
legiteum

Activity: 154
Merit: 44

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2024, 02:59:45 PM

While my business is probably in the bullseye of this new ruling, I don't have a problem with the notion in theory. My marketplace is a stable one free of BS because all of our coins are treated exactly the same and every coin has the same fixed amount minted, so people can't play games with the coin valuation using share dilution.

In other words, if altcoins are required, as public companies are, to publicly divulge through filings when then dilute their shares, then I'm fine with that and anybody who wants to invest in a stable marketplace free of shenanigans should welcome that.

Heavy caveat here that regulations can be stupid sometimes, but the safer and more transparent they can make things for investors, the more people will invest.

Read about our revolutionary new digital currency paradigm:Block. Split. Combine.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: