Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is "dying".  (Read 848 times)
karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 06:59:11 AM

it is undeniable that there will be more people who think that bitcoin is a place to make money and can realize their aspirations as rich people. those who preach that bitcoin is not worth it as an asset are a line of hurt people who may have experienced a loss from a bitcoin investment. but I don't blame them because everyone will have their own judgment about bitcoin. and usually those who are unstable will feel disappointed when bullrun comes, and of course they will feel ashamed of themselves
Mostly people who don't invest in bitcoin and have zero knowledge about bitcoin say that bitcoin is a scam or bitcoin is dying. Theoretically, there is now way that bitcoin can die just like anything. Those people who is shouting don't know how bitcoin works or they got scammed by anyone and now blame their foolishness in bitcoin. It is better to avoid them and ignore heir shitt talking.
What most people tend to ignore is that most investments have slow returns and they still needed to wait for a long time before they can feel their own profits, unlike bitcoin in which you can either lose some money by selling it low or they can gain profit almost instantly due to its nature being too volatile. This kind of thought was taken advantage of by some influencers or even advertisers in which, they will lure people thinking that they can earn instantly without even telling people what bitcoin really is. Along those lines, there will always be few people who are thirsty of knowledge and curious to some extent that they will personally dive deep into what blockchain and crypto really is and their purposes.

Yes, it is true that you will somehow earn profits by doing trades or speculating and reading the market, but is that what really bitcoin composed of? Thoughout the years I am already tired explaining to people what bitcoin is coz most of the times the people who approached me always have this same question they always ask "is it true that you will earn or become rich through bitcoin?", something along those lines.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 12:00:19 PM

KYC is imposed by the governments and the crypto companies must abide by the law, otherwise they will have to shut down.
I can't agree that crypto is "becoming" centralized. Crypto exchanges exist for one decade and they always have been centralized, but more and more people are moving their funds from centralized exchanges to cold wallets. This means that crypto is actually becoming more decentralized.
On the contrary, I think things are becoming more centralized as the government strengthens its control as well as increases regulation of the market. People move their assets from exchanges to cold wallets because they fear their assets will be lost after what FTX did. But according to the report, exchanges are still the largest store of bitcoin, so it cannot be said that things are becoming more decentralized.
Bitcoin is a currency or an asset, I don't find it too important. As long as it brings benefits and creates value for users, it is a success.

I agree, the government imposes more and more control on bitcoin and exchanges just abide by it and users are okay with that. I'm sure that after crypto winter when everything will go up, people will come back to exchanges because it's way easier to buy crypto there.

And KYC is a huge problem because it is an attack on the whole idea of bitcoin being anonymous.

And I must say that it matters how we see bitcoin. Because while bitcoin is destroyed as a currency, we are happily looking at it and smiling because it's still a good asset to invest it, who cares and it becomes more and more unusable as a money and you can hardly buy it without providing your passport.

You are right, CEX is harmful and goes against the concept of decentralization of bitcoin, but if we take a broader look, the crypto industry is not only bitcoin, so a complete elimination of CEX is not possible. Even if more CEXs crash, people will still use them, the same way we treat banks, we still speak ill of them every day, but we won't be able to stop using them. The best solution is to use them for the right purposes and limit dependence or trust too much on them. Honestly, I don't think this market would exist without CEX, I'm not saying it's good, but it's true.

Everyone's goal in the market is money, so they care more about profit than privacy, if bitcoin is not profitable, privacy, anonymity, no one will care.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Magic-Money

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 12:44:49 PM

Bitcoin has been created as a future money, I mean advice digital assets used for online payment, which looking at the current price fluctuating, you get more confused, because Bitcoin price has no specific direction, but what you have to put in mind, Bitcoin add values for Long term holding investment, take a look of passed 10 year's ago Bitcoin price and current price of Bitcoin, check back in the next 10 years Bitcoin price will be, attractive to invest more now, stop keep analysing Bitcoin price.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
Victorik

Activity: 994
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 01:45:32 PM

You don't want to sound pessimistic, but that's exactly how you sound right now.
The fact that you can't get a good platform t sell your crypto at a low transaction fee without kyc shouldn't give you the right to jump into conclusion that BTC is dying.
Well, for the record BTC is not dying and it is very much alive.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
crypticj (OP)

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 04:08:34 PM

You don't want to sound pessimistic, but that's exactly how you sound right now.
The fact that you can't get a good platform t sell your crypto at a low transaction fee without kyc shouldn't give you the right to jump into conclusion that BTC is dying.

Well, if I'm wrong, then prove it with your argument. Now you just saying that I'm wrong and pessimistic. If government control, KYC, and centralization look great to you, then it's you pessimistic about bitcoin, not me!

Again, I'm not trying to antagonize bitcoin, I'M PRO-BITCOINER and I stick with it for a pretty long time already. I belive it's important to talk about topics like this and we should unite to make bitcoin space a better place.
kaseygriffin

Activity: 785
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 04:45:18 PM

Bitcoin's original vision as an anonymous, decentralized payment solution is now facing challenges and evolving over time. People almost know Bitcoin as an asset for speculation and investment, and from there they start to learn more about many other cryptocurrencies. Its price fluctuates, so people think that bitcoin is dying, but actually saying this is just a normal and unstable calculation is also an advantage. On the other hand, in terms of KYC, it is true that concerns about centralization and control of money align with the purpose that bitcoin creates, but doing so can enhance the additional security and regulatory compliance offered. Bitcoin is still on the right track, and KYC can affect it, but that really is not a big problem that we have to face.
JayTrain

Activity: 1092
Merit: 105

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 05:00:02 PM

I understand your concerns about the current state of Bitcoin and its departure from its original ideals. Many people now see Bitcoin primarily as an investment asset rather than a decentralized currency. This shift in focus has led to a neglect of Bitcoin's original purpose as a solution to banking problems and a form of secure, transparent money. The increasing centralization within the crypto space and the requirement of KYC processes are also worrisome. These factors, along with the volatility of Bitcoin's price, make it challenging for widespread adoption as a currency. However, it's important to continue advocating for the original ideals of Bitcoin and supporting projects that prioritize decentralization and user control over funds. Change takes time, but with collective effort, we can help steer Bitcoin back towards its intended purpose.
death69

Activity: 1204
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 05:14:09 PM

it is undeniable that there will be more people who think that bitcoin is a place to make money and can realize their aspirations as rich people. those who preach that bitcoin is not worth it as an asset are a line of hurt people who may have experienced a loss from a bitcoin investment. but I don't blame them because everyone will have their own judgment about bitcoin. and usually those who are unstable will feel disappointed when bullrun comes, and of course they will feel ashamed of themselves
Mostly people who don't invest in bitcoin and have zero knowledge about bitcoin say that bitcoin is a scam or bitcoin is dying. Theoretically, there is now way that bitcoin can die just like anything. Those people who is shouting don't know how bitcoin works or they got scammed by anyone and now blame their foolishness in bitcoin. It is better to avoid them and ignore heir shitt talking.
What most people tend to ignore is that most investments have slow returns and they still needed to wait for a long time before they can feel their own profits, unlike bitcoin in which you can either lose some money by selling it low or they can gain profit almost instantly due to its nature being too volatile. This kind of thought was taken advantage of by some influencers or even advertisers in which, they will lure people thinking that they can earn instantly without even telling people what bitcoin really is. Along those lines, there will always be few people who are thirsty of knowledge and curious to some extent that they will personally dive deep into what blockchain and crypto really is and their purposes.

Yes, it is true that you will somehow earn profits by doing trades or speculating and reading the market, but is that what really bitcoin composed of? Thoughout the years I am already tired explaining to people what bitcoin is coz most of the times the people who approached me always have this same question they always ask "is it true that you will earn or become rich through bitcoin?", something along those lines.
Absolutely, there's this gigantic misconception floating around Bitcoin like a bad smell. Folks see it as this magical money maker due to its wild price swings, which, don't get me wrong, are pretty thrilling, but they tend to paint an unbalanced picture.

We can dial down this trend by hammering home that Bitcoin is not just a wild stallion in the financial rodeo, it's more like a chess game that demands a good grasp of the rules and a cool head. And, Bitcoin isn't just some digital version of gold bars; it's a whole new tech species with the potential to give our financial systems, and society at large, a serious makeover.

Blockchain technology, the heartbeat of Bitcoin, has a lot more going for it than just making you feel like a millionaire overnight. It's a fresh spin on securing data, enabling peer-to-peer transactions, and a lot more. So, the question we should be asking isn't "How can I get filthy rich with Bitcoin in record time?" but rather, "How can this tech wizardry help us build better, stronger systems?"
crypticj (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 03:47:35 AM

Absolutely, there's this gigantic misconception floating around Bitcoin like a bad smell. Folks see it as this magical money maker due to its wild price swings, which, don't get me wrong, are pretty thrilling, but they tend to paint an unbalanced picture.

We can dial down this trend by hammering home that Bitcoin is not just a wild stallion in the financial rodeo, it's more like a chess game that demands a good grasp of the rules and a cool head. And, Bitcoin isn't just some digital version of gold bars; it's a whole new tech species with the potential to give our financial systems, and society at large, a serious makeover.

Blockchain technology, the heartbeat of Bitcoin, has a lot more going for it than just making you feel like a millionaire overnight. It's a fresh spin on securing data, enabling peer-to-peer transactions, and a lot more. So, the question we should be asking isn't "How can I get filthy rich with Bitcoin in record time?" but rather, "How can this tech wizardry help us build better, stronger systems?"

AGREE! I think a lot of people that are new in bitcoin only know it as magic money!
When I read treads I created, I see people saying "yes, bitcoin is just an asset, not currency" almost always. It's crazy that people forgot that bitcoin IS a currancy that should be freely used without banks or any other institutions. But people who just want to make a quick $ are happy with what is happening and support ANY regulations as long as they can trade bitcoin to buy another lambo and they don't care that because of that we are moving further away from what bitcoin should be.

Looks like greed kills bitcoin.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 04:02:10 AM

Hello everyone. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but it looks like bitcoins ideas are dying.
you are not sounds pessimistic because you are pessimistic lol.

Bitcoin Idea is dying? or your fading trust because you cannot achieve the percentage of profit you are aiming since day 1?

I spend a week on this forum talking with people about Bitcoin and asking their opinions in threads. And I came to the conclusion that the whole idea of Bitcoin is being killed in front of our eyes.

You spend week? is that enough for you to conclude such as? and talking to people here in forum does not stand to the whole Bitcoin action , because this will move that no one can expect.

DanWalker

Activity: 1946
Merit: 547

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 04:46:12 AM

AGREE! I think a lot of people that are new in bitcoin only know it as magic money!
When I read treads I created, I see people saying "yes, bitcoin is just an asset, not currency" almost always. It's crazy that people forgot that bitcoin IS a currancy that should be freely used without banks or any other institutions. But people who just want to make a quick $ are happy with what is happening and support ANY regulations as long as they can trade bitcoin to buy another lambo and they don't care that because of that we are moving further away from what bitcoin should be.

I disagree, I also consider bitcoin an investment rather than a currency, and I don't see anything wrong with it being used by many as an asset. Depending on the needs of each person, you cannot force everyone to follow your thoughts. Like you use real estate to build a house, but I use it for business. In your opinion, am I using real estate for the wrong purpose, or are you? We should use it according to each case and need, bitcoin is a versatile asset that is being used very well by everyone, while you can only complain and not get any benefit from it.
One more thing, none of us support regulations, but regulation is inevitable whether you like it or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
S A KHAIR

Activity: 952
Merit: 108

1xBit recovered their reputation

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 05:28:53 AM

Bitcoin is also just a product created to serve people, not people serving it. So no matter what it is, as long as it meets people's needs, it will never die. It only dies when people no longer need it. But given the benefits it brings, I don't think people will stop needing it anytime soon. Bitcoin will be an asset we will use more and more in the future as the need for privacy increases.

Gulttam2a2

Activity: 112
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 07:24:12 AM

Bitcoin is also just a product created to serve people, not people serving it. So no matter what it is, as long as it meets people's needs, it will never die. It only dies when people no longer need it. But given the benefits it brings, I don't think people will stop needing it anytime soon. Bitcoin will be an asset we will use more and more in the future as the need for privacy increases.
I have known about Bitcoin since 2020.Still many people don't know what Bitcoin is.Bitcoin is a platform which is a very profitable product.Many people have invested in this place and made a lot of profit.Here I have invested a lot.If Bitcoin was not profitable.Big investors didn't invest here.So I think people who don't know the real information about bitcoin or who don't understand what bitcoin is all those stupid people will say that bitcoin will die.I think profitable product like bitcoin will never die.
Victorik

Activity: 994
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 09:37:36 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2023, 09:54:18 AM by Victorik

Well, if I'm wrong, then prove it with your argument. Now you just saying that I'm wrong and pessimistic. If government control, KYC, and centralization look great to you, then it's you pessimistic about bitcoin, not me!

Again, I'm not trying to antagonize bitcoin, I'M PRO-BITCOINER and I stick with it for a pretty long time already. I belive it's important to talk about topics like this and we should unite to make bitcoin space a better place.

Don't take my statement too personal, I was only responding to your opening statement of you not sounding pessimistic. However, it will be bad if the government controls kyc, but I am sure that's why they are angry at BTC because they have no control over it.

▀███████▄            enterapp.io       |       CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK            ▄███████▀
                            PRE-SALE IS LIVE                           
▀█▄ ▀█▄ ▀█▄        D E C E N T R A L I Z E D   B A N K I N G        ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀
dlightag

Activity: 517
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 01:12:05 PM

Bitcoin is not dying but rather cryptocurrency market is on the Bear market, which every Coin is down in price and is a good opportunity to invest more of Bitcoin and other alt-coins, while waiting for Bull Run market.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 06:33:38 PM

Bitcoin never dies, maybe the objective for which Satoshi innovated bitcoin might've got faded. For this we can't state bitcoin to be dying. Beyond certain limit it is the centralized networks that have its role in the growth of the market. In one way or the other the market need circulation and the same is supported by the centralized networks. Maybe the usage of bitcoin as currency is not much used, but the same is preferred as a multipurpose tool. Market is subject to change and people getting adopted to it is common.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Filicius

Activity: 424
Merit: 75

TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 06:45:04 PM

Bitcoin is not dying, but "dieting".

Wait for it to finish his fast before you see how it devours everything else Cool

WWW.TALKIMG.COM | Image hosting for BitcoinTalk | Official Topic
Agbe

Activity: 896
Merit: 1267

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 06:49:42 PM

Hello everyone. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but it looks like bitcoins ideas are dying.
I don't think so, the idea of bitcoin is still working perfectly. Probably that is how you see from your angle and not from everyone's end.

I spend a week on this forum talking with people about Bitcoin and asking their opinions in threads. And I came to the conclusion that the whole idea of Bitcoin is being killed in front of our eyes.
I don't know what you mean by that but for the fact that people are not responding to your ways of thinking do not mean that bitcoin has been killed in front of you. Everyone has their own opinion about the longtivity of the currency and probably yours has been killed and ended.

The problem is that most of the people in crypto see Bitcoin as an asset like a stock to invest in and then sell later. No one even thinking about the future of Bitcoin as means of currency. Bitcoin was created NOT as an asset, we use it as one, it was created to solve a banking problem and create money of freedom that can't be faked and printed. And somehow people are literally forgotten about this whole point of Bitcoin.
Connotatively bitcoin is an asset and nobody can deny the fact on that. But denotatively bitcoin is a currency which is meant to buy goods and services online. The process of bitcoin solving problem will not come over night because the bank owners will not allow that to happen instantly, until all have gotten their exchange platforms first before that can happen.

I created a thread asking people what they think bitcoin will stabilize enough to become a currency for people to use and literally everyone said to me that it's an asset and it will never stabilize. And, don't get me wrong, sounds logical and I agree with that.
But if we treat Bitcoin like this, why are we waiting for the "mass adoption" and want businesses to accept Bitcoin that is not stable in any means to use it as a currency?
I believed I ask made a comment on that thread you are talking about and I said no because if bitcoin stable today, bitcoin will not be a currency of the people again and it will become a currency.of the few. And it is only the decentralized nature of bitcoin can make bitcoin more popular and large uses. The mass adoption will come.

Another big problem is that everything in crypto spaces becomes centralized. Recently I tried to sell my crypto without KYC and I didn't find any good platforms to do it! Just think about it...nowadays you need to pass KYC to sell crypto without high fees. That's crazy.

Almost all platforms and even some wallets require your ID which is the opposite of anonymity. And because of that there are fewer and fewer platforms that offer you services without KYC and therefore because there are not many of them here they hike up their fees to the sky.

Add to that the fact that even wallets are not safe. Ledger literally offered people to save their seed phrase in the cloud. The mere fact that they CAN take your seed phrase and upload it somewhere is a reason to never use ledger anymore.

So considering all this, it looks like crypto right now is moving to centralization and control over our funds. Bitcoin is just an asset to people and I don't see how everyone can use it as a currency.
That's why I think that bitcoin Ideas are dying.

Because those exchange companies passed through the policies of government. And if they registered their companies with the anonymity there wouldn't be any KYC. Cryptocurrency is not becoming centralized in anyway, as they asked your KYC and you don't want it in that way, why didn't you asked some you know to buy from you and that is one of the reasons of the creation of bitcoin which the p2p.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
May 28, 2023, 10:27:36 PM

Becasue many people who invested in Bitcoin only join the market because of the opportunity to make money. But for sure, they will learn that Bitcoin isn't only an asset to be invested with but also a currency that can be spend to purchasse items from merchants.

Aside from that those that introduce Bitcoin to them failed to inform them that Bitcoin is not only an asset but also a currency to pay for goods.  But as usual, when people see things generating profit, they will make it generate profit and consider it as an asset ang not use them as mode of payment because they will think that it would be a waste of opportunity to use it as a currency.

Bitcoin is still fine so saying greed kills bitcoin is out of context.  Besides just like what I stated, new comers will eventually learn that Bitcoin can be a currency.
crypticj (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2023, 02:49:37 AM

Aside from that those that introduce Bitcoin to them failed to inform them that Bitcoin is not only an asset but also a currency to pay for goods.  But as usual, when people see things generating profit, they will make it generate profit and consider it as an asset ang not use them as mode of payment because they will think that it would be a waste of opportunity to use it as a currency.
Bitcoin is still fine so saying greed kills bitcoin is out of context.  Besides just like what I stated, new comers will eventually learn that Bitcoin can be a currency.

For sure, I think even out community promote bitcoin as an easy way to make money. Even if you check what "influencers" say, they just keep posting about how bitcoin gonna be 100k$ and we all should buy it JUST to make money. Not to promote it as a currancy.

I'm saying that bitcoin is "dying" because this trend is very dangerous for it and government uses it. Out community is already forgetting why we need bitcoin and government is adopting bitcoin to be just an asset they can tax. And no one sees a problem with it.
People are saying that there are a lot of positive changes with bitcoin, but if you will read real stories of people even from this forum, you will find people sharing how they tried to adopt bitcoin for their business and accept and pay with BTC, but it's just failed because the system isn't created for this.
So maybe if people see bitcoin as easy money then these changes are great, but if we talk bout a true porpuse of bitcoin, then we have a problem with it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: