Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:34:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Metamask Implemented Crypto Tax on their ToS  (Read 325 times)
Halime Anatolia

Activity: 142
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 16, 2023, 09:14:50 AM

It happened and happened like you mean. I'm also confused that suddenly there is a notification when I will connect the metamask to a certain network. and if we click there is a change that makes me confused. Regardless of whether it is considered safe or not, the metamask platform for me really has a big role and contribution in this crypto world.

Last year, some users in parts of the world woke up to discover that their Metamask wallets no longer work on browser extensions, which was a shock to all wallet users everywhere around the world. Shutting down the wallet, even for a short period of time, in specific regions around the world proves that MetaMask developers are able to collect user data through the browser and can determine usage according to the geographical location of users.
Everyone was surprised at the time, because everyone believed the exact opposite, and that the wallet acts as a bridge to interact with the blockchain, nothing more.

I mention this incident to confirm that what this wallet is doing today is not strange, and that it is really able to locate its users and thus be able to deduct taxes on transfers according to their geographical location. Thus, all the blame falls on the users who still trust it.

True, but the easiest option is to create a wallet in metamask. it depends on what the wallet address is used for. So, what should we do if it is already familiar to me and maybe other people too and I think this platform almost new dicrypto users use it too.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mr. Magkaisa

Activity: 742
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2023, 10:48:01 AM

Gotta wonder why it's included in the Metamask terms when they're saying it's for other Consensys or Infura products. Perhaps they are trying to condition our minds as early as possible? Maybe they already have a plan to implement these changes if they're forced to. Not impossible considering they are based in the US.

-  It seems that in the future it will not be good to use metamask. If they force their users. It will not appear to be a non-custodial wallet and it is also possible that in the end they will ask metamask users for Kyc.

I hope not, and that there is another way to not affect the communities that they have built for several years in this industry, because by chance I will find another alternative that is just like Metamask and probably do the same others for sure. Because Metamask is decentralized, then that's how it will appear, it's no longer a Dex concept.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1453

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
July 16, 2023, 05:28:45 PM

It happened and happened like you mean. I'm also confused that suddenly there is a notification when I will connect the metamask to a certain network. and if we click there is a change that makes me confused. Regardless of whether it is considered safe or not, the metamask platform for me really has a big role and contribution in this crypto world.

Last year, some users in parts of the world woke up to discover that their Metamask wallets no longer work on browser extensions, which was a shock to all wallet users everywhere around the world. Shutting down the wallet, even for a short period of time, in specific regions around the world proves that MetaMask developers are able to collect user data through the browser and can determine usage according to the geographical location of users.
Everyone was surprised at the time, because everyone believed the exact opposite, and that the wallet acts as a bridge to interact with the blockchain, nothing more.

I mention this incident to confirm that what this wallet is doing today is not strange, and that it is really able to locate its users and thus be able to deduct taxes on transfers according to their geographical location. Thus, all the blame falls on the users who still trust it.

True, but the easiest option is to create a wallet in metamask. it depends on what the wallet address is used for. So, what should we do if it is already familiar to me and maybe other people too and I think this platform almost new dicrypto users use it too.

The problem is not in choosing the wallet because there are many alternatives to Metamask, but the problem is that many crypto-related service platforms support the Metamask wallet to activate withdrawals and deposits, and thus this encouraged more demand for it and it became popular as we see it today.

In order not to be biased, I think it is important to mention that the Metamask wallet provides many good options, the most important of which is its support for various networks, and the development team is working hard to continue to support and secure the wallet. It should be noted that the Metamask wallet has not been subjected to any successful hacking since its launch. This makes it one of the best options, but this also has its price.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
nicolas222

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 20, 2023, 10:26:22 AM

Metamask was a good wallet in the past but since their tos have changed and they decided to register the ip and the wallet address using rcp of infura many users have already escaped now that they also want to withhold taxes which i don't know how they will do since it is a non-custodial wallet i think there will be very few left to use it
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: