Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is crypto trading so similar yet so different from Forex trading?  (Read 623 times)
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
August 02, 2023, 11:24:16 AM

Since Forex trades with other currencies, I think it's only profitable if you are trading in millions of dollars or pounds because most of the exchange in currency most of the time have a cent difference unlike crypto where it's up to a dollar or tens of dollars of difference so you can easily profit even if you trade in small amounts. I could be wrong though, that's just my understanding of how forex works, and that it's just a currency exchange. Plus forex also opens like stock market right? And they're closed at nights unlike cryptocurrency trading which is open 24/7.

This is simply a matter of peer influence. 80% of my friends are in cryptocurrency trading. We eat, breathe and sleep Bitcoin. It is therefore normal to lean into crypto trading more than forex trading. I have more experience with the crypto trading app that forex. I have met with crypto traders and we've had a fair discussion on the similarities but no one is willing to give up their passion for the other.
I guess this could be a factor but this is not a difference of the trading, it's the preference of the individual that you're talking about which is not the point of this topic. But I agree with what you're saying, they can't give what they have for the other just because there are similarities.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1129

View Profile
August 02, 2023, 07:40:20 PM

This is simply a matter of peer influence. 80% of my friends are in cryptocurrency trading. We eat, breathe and sleep Bitcoin. It is therefore normal to lean into crypto trading more than forex trading. I have more experience with the crypto trading app that forex. I have met with crypto traders and we've had a fair discussion on the similarities but no one is willing to give up their passion for the other.
Currently, crypto trading is more interesting and more profitable because there are no strict rules and no holidays.
And the main difference is the high volatility which makes crypto price fluctuations faster.
Just look at Forex trading fluctuations, fluctuations are very low and quite slow.

But the risk incurred will also be less, crypto has a higher risk and a greater and faster return.

It just depends on choice and convenience.
80% of your friends use crypto because they know they can only trade in crypto and are more comfortable in crypto.
For trading theory everything is the same, there will be no difference.

Yes, and theres no such thing about opening and close of markets on which you could be able to trading it 24/7 without any issues. Actually these markets are really just that the same on the sense that you would really be

buying and selling out.Profitability would really be able to depend on how well you do able to play with volatility.The main significant differences in between things is about its volatility which we know that it isnt something
that would be similar because the level of volatility in crypto is much more that with forex or stocks and this is why on the talks about huge profits and of course on huge losses would really be pertaining on crypto
trading and not on the other side. Legality issues or in comparison? We do know that forex/stocks is heavily that regulated and been mostly be stick out with those traditional investors or traders.

Speaking of marketcap? Forex does have trillions of volume that generated day by day but cant really be known the numbers in speaking about in overall cap
which we can say that crypto space would really be just a tiny bit portion of this but well its a matter of choice on which place you would really be tending to stick on.

RewFrew

Activity: 574
Merit: 140

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2023, 06:59:48 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2023, 07:01:04 PM by RewFrew

This question seems so simple, yet the answer seems to escape me. Both involve technical and fundamental analysis, which includes indicators, charts, and candlesticks. They make use of the same trading principles, ideologies, and strategies. However, I have yet to see a forex trader who has dumped forex trading for crypto trading. I have yet to see a forex trader who doesn't claim that they make more money than crypto traders. I have also yet to see a crypto trader who has dumped it for forex trading. Have you made a move from Forex trading to crypto trading or crypto to Forex? What happened? Can one do both at the same time?
There are may different Between cryptocurrency trading and forex trading. Although tools and others activists is same to cryptocurrency and forex trading. I think forex trading is good for us. People think forex is realstric on the other hand bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a manipulated so people telling forex is best from crypto invest. For forex trading need creat a account in a brokarez but for cryptocurrency trading need creat a exchanger account. Foe Forex trade we need to know many countries currency but for cryptocurrency trading we need to know crypto market. I can tell there has many difference between forex amrket and crypto currency market.

WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2023, 07:14:41 PM

There are may different Between cryptocurrency trading and forex trading. Although tools and others activists is same to cryptocurrency and forex trading. I think forex trading is good for us. People think forex is realstric on the other hand bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a manipulated so people telling forex is best from crypto invest.

I have a different perspective about manipulation. Forex and other trading markets are very much centralised and only such centralised trading markets can be manipulated. Bitcoin is purely a decentralised crypto market that is designed from scratch to remain decentralised and there is no way anyone can manipulate a decentralised trading market which is distributed among so many stake holder.   
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
August 04, 2023, 02:14:32 AM

We all have our trading strategies which works for us, those who are trading in the forex believe they are the best people on the open market, like they are making the best that the market can offer, why those who are also in the crypto (me included) believe  the best things are from crypto trading and that forex has a very higher risk which makes me avoid it the more.

In my own stage i choose FOREX to crypto but i started with crypto as at 2017, one reason i went from crypto to forex is because of the regulation on forex tho is very volatile, why so is because forex doesn't just move based on strategies, the fundamental news plays a big row in forex, unlike crypto where by someone will just come out of no were and pump and dump money in, while in forex you cant try that shit.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 07, 2023, 12:50:31 PM

I guess this could be a factor but this is not a difference of the trading, it's the preference of the individual that you're talking about which is not the point of this topic. But I agree with what you're saying, they can't give what they have for the other just because there are similarities.
I think forex is just something that other people do and not us, and that's why it's not going to be something we can fully understand well neither. I just hope that it gets to a point where we end up with a good result one way or another, and if we could do that then we could end up with a return not that later neither.

I just hope that it would be something that I could see happening on the long run, and if we could see it happen on the long run then we could end up with a good profit one way or another as well. I get that people are not really understanding the situation because forex does have similar sides, but if you do not trade on forex then how could you know it that well. Bitcoin is a lot better for that, we understand it at least, so we can't compare it with anything else.

Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
August 07, 2023, 03:41:13 PM

There are may different Between cryptocurrency trading and forex trading. Although tools and others activists is same to cryptocurrency and forex trading. I think forex trading is good for us. People think forex is realstric on the other hand bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a manipulated so people telling forex is best from crypto invest. For forex trading need creat a account in a brokarez but for cryptocurrency trading need creat a exchanger account. Foe Forex trade we need to know many countries currency but for cryptocurrency trading we need to know crypto market. I can tell there has many difference between forex amrket and crypto currency market.
In my opinion, crypto trading and forex trading are similar in that people involve themselves in investing with these assets with the intention of making a profit. However, there are also significant differences between the two. Crypto trading involves buying and selling decentralized cryptocurrencies, which are not controlled by any government or financial institution. While Forex trading involves government-regulated currencies such as USD, EUR, and JPY. These currencies are controlled by central banks and are affected by economic and political events.

Also, in terms of market hours, forex trading is open 24 hours a day, five days a week. Crypto trading, on the other hand, is open 24/7. This means that crypto traders can trade anytime, while forex traders need to be aware of market hours and adjust their trading accordingly.

Both crypto and forex trading involves buying and selling assets for profit, and they have significant differences in the assets traded the level of volatility, and market hours. Whatever you decide to invest in, make sure to understand their differences to make informed decisions and maximize profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: