Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:35:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 19 out of 24 words of BIP39 passphrase (brute-force last 5?)  (Read 448 times)
hZti

Activity: 952
Merit: 642

Magic

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 03:29:07 PM

I know the crypto space is filled with scams, so caution is warranted. That's why I was proposing to show I'm legit.

I think the only way to at least get some kind of trust is when you build yourself a reputation that is transparent for potential customers. If you just say that you are legit and talk about doxxing yourself then this will probably not be enough for most people to send you a seed phrase.
Bram24732

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2023, 11:59:52 AM

If you just say that you are legit and talk about doxxing yourself then this will probably not be enough for most people to send you a seed phrase.

In my experience at least, things go a lot better when people have your name and address, especially when you're somewhat known in the space. But as always, it's a risk/reward thing - if you have the choice between trusting someone to help you, or being stuck forever out of your wallet, some people don't have much to lose and decide to share the details. In the current case case OP seem quite tech litterate, so they also have the option to wait for moore's law to do it's job and crack the wallet in 10 years, which tbh is also a valid strategy.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: