Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:53:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most anonymous coin?  (Read 1303 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:07:04 AM

what about anoncoin?

(edit just noticed someone also just posted about that).

I'd say being anon with payments of any kind through any system is alot down to the user and their knowledge on how to stay anon.

beetterer1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:57:58 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 09:55:11 AM by beetterer1

Darkcoin uses a hybrid conjoin and other systems to obfuscate transactions within the wallet in a decentralized solution.  They/we call it DarkSend and it's in main net Beta which is downloadable and usable right now.  It will go open source when Evan the developer feels it's finished.  he wants to make sure as much as possible that it is stable and has no bugs.  He's still expanding it.  Right now there is a limit of 10 coin transactions, probably because he just has to write in the code for higher amounts.

Anyway, there's a white paper on the first page here you can read : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0

Except for coins in the planning stages, I only know of third party trusted and centralized mixing services and any coin can use Tor.  We would love to have you come by and take a look at our coin if you're interested.  We're a nice friendly bunch of low key people.  I think you'll like it there
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:24:28 AM

while darkcoin is still in beta, it is in the final stages. It has the capability to provide a meaningful amount of anonymity and not just in theory.
which2say

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:57:33 AM

I feel There is not any anonymous coins around now,Agree upstairs view.
Now there is no anonymous coins, and even zerocoin too.
danteT

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

There is one new-old strange and mysterious absolutely (as developers say) anonymous coin based on break through new technology - (lots of questions) -
Bytecoin (BCN) http://bytecoin.org   

The name is confusing, since there are 2 more Bytecoins.

But that one seems to be so serious, that may make a competition with Bitcoin, and even may win it.
There is still no official announce, DStrange found that coin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0

emelac

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:33:05 PM

I know tips has a mixing service because I have some tips. There is an option in the wallet to enable the service. I don't know much about it and have never used it, but someone on here said it could give transactions a certain degree of anomnity.

Considering all the other coins offering anomnity services are still in beta, maybe tips is worth a look. It has been offering the service for a while now and it's out of beta.
softron

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:50:33 PM

Anoncoin and zerocoin

emelac

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

I am not an anomnity expert so I asked about the TIPS anomnity service on their latest announcement thread. Although the person who replied has not extensively studied dark coin's dark send service, he seems to know exactly how TIPS anomnity service works.

Is the TIPS coin mixer currently the only non-beta anonymous way to send money to people?

I know darkcoin has something called dark send in beta, and other coins are developing anonymity services, but I cannot find any other coin than TIPS with an anonymity service out of beta. I also heard dark send does not offer anonymity. Does TIPS offer a higher degree of anonymity?

Well the coin mixer is properly working. The beta testing phase ended in early february and it's fully integrated to the wallet since 0.60.
When you check the "Anonymise coins" checkbox in your wallet before sending your coins, they will be sent to a certified node which will mix it twith others and then send it to the person you wanted them send to.

With that process, only you, the receiver (supposedly) and the node knows about your transaction.

As far as I know it is totally anonymous. But I didn't read the critics about Darksend, nor the Darksend description either... Grin
WayToGo

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

Stable coin was supposed to provide this, but it seems dead now.
Our only hope is zero or anoncoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: