Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:39:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The only logical killer app for blockchain  (Read 98 times)
MoneyBomber (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 12:07:21 PM

The only logical path forward for this blockchain technology is to start using some governance protocols to secure and effectively decentralized territory in the real world. Just look at how the current world works the banks are at the top the banks run the government's and then the government's have authority over physical boundaries and have the Monopoly for physical violence.

The only thing we need to be focused on to really move crypto forward is finding ways to anchor governance protocols into the real world. This is in fact the scaling solution because once we're able to effectively decentralize territory we can then put data centers and routers in this decentralized territory and now you're scaling is only limited by compute speed processing speed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 02:05:15 PM

The only thing we need to be focused on to really move crypto forward is finding ways to anchor governance protocols into the real world. This is in fact the scaling solution because once we're able to effectively decentralize territory we can then put data centers and routers in this decentralized territory and now you're scaling is only limited by compute speed processing speed
Still it wpuld be subjected to central authority isnt it. Governance protocol works on dex projects through voting by every users of that community. Government wants restriction due to a lot of scams and until the problem with that will stop they wouldnt have harmonious connection with decentralized people. Plus they wanted to have a tax whenever opportunity like this becomes a reality.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 02:43:44 PM

The only logical path forward for this blockchain technology is to start using some governance protocols to secure and effectively decentralized territory in the real world. Just look at how the current world works the banks are at the top the banks run the government's and then the government's have authority over physical boundaries and have the Monopoly for physical violence.

As far as I know this has been implemented by some projects already, and yet there are still manipulation going on. I'm not saying that this is a bad idea, but comparing it to a bank? I mean that is where why we are in crypto though, and now we are going back to the same principle that we don't like? have central authority in the middle to control everything?

Regardless though, crypto has becoming a business now, so whichever protocols we implemented, there is a way that "decentralized" territory will be tap and obviously, someone entity will have to make money out out it, sacrificing processing speed and power.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 260

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 07:26:40 PM

The blockchain technology can be either centralized or decentralized which is subjected to the one we are talking about, if it's bitcoin it's decentralized and nodes are all around the world where as if it's CBDC its under the control of government probably under central bank authority so blockchain is just the technology and it can be used in the way we want.

As of now the world is divided by boundaries so called countries and each of them are controlling by their own laws and leaders so it's impossible to get them United just because of decentralized monetary system.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1212

Heisenberg

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 09:20:17 PM

In case you may not be aware, Governance protocols can also get messed up through vote manipulation. I think you have at least seen such cases before. The rich folks and corporations will still have away around this so long as money and human greed is involved.

Decentralization is something so hard to achieve. I am glad Bitcoin tried to achieve it. It may not be perfect, but we get a witness a live example of decentralization

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 09:27:25 PM

In case you may not be aware, Governance protocols can also get messed up through vote manipulation. I think you have at least seen such cases before. The rich folks and corporations will still have away around this so long as money and human greed is involved.

Decentralization is something so hard to achieve. I am glad Bitcoin tried to achieve it. It may not be perfect, but we get a witness a live example of decentralization

And I think bitcoin could be the only true coin to achieved decentralization, yeah as you have said, it has flaws, but as far as perfecting it, I think it's all good. Unlike those projects who in the beginning we thought that are decentralized, and yet it has change a lot in the last couple of years and now beginning to be control by someone or some entity like the corporations or the wealthy.

So I think there will be some logical or killer app for blockchain. Bitcoin could be the closest that we can see, but it will remain that old school but that's one of it's strength and that's why it remain the dominant crypto for many years.
MoneyBomber (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 11:10:09 PM

Still it wpuld be subjected to central authority isnt it.
and now we are going back to the same principle that we don't like? have central authority in the middle to control everything?
Redundancy of decentralized sites outside of U.S. jurisdiction. Redundancy outside of any 1 jurisdiction.

I'm not saying that this is a bad idea, but comparing it to a bank?
I'm not comparing it to a bank. I'm saying that the financial layer is at the top and the next layer is governance of the physical world

so it's impossible to get them United just because of decentralized monetary system.
I don't care to unite them. The DAO has watchers in the real world to ensure the physical data centers are not tampered with. If they are tampered with they get delisted from the onchain list of secured nodes.

In case you may not be aware, Governance protocols can also get messed up through vote manipulation.
I believe I have a solution. Yes, this does sound absurd, I myself do not believe in most Proof of Stake systems. But I do believe I have a solution myself and it's an asset derived from sacrificing the proof-of-work asset. https://medium.com/@RossPfeiffer

Decentralization is something so hard to achieve.
yes. I come to you with a solution
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 05, 2023, 05:36:26 AM

This is a good idea in theory but in practice there are several loopholes in this, firstly the Government can cease your assets if they feel you are becoming a threat to them, just look at what USA did to Russian assets and other countries they feel are unfriendly to them, these governance voting can be gamed, by the developers, investors etc, developer can decide to go rogue and take away these assets. I just feel the risk is higher than the rewards.

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2023, 06:17:29 AM

You know Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies can really help every country. That's why most of the government officials of each country are opposed and they think that it is not good and will not bring any help to their economy because their motive is different and it is to control it like they control Fiat.

That's why some countries are adopting blockchain technology and others are not. Why do El Slavador and other countries recognize this as additional help to their country's economy?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MoneyBomber (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2023, 08:41:47 AM

This is a good idea in theory but in practice there are several loopholes in this, firstly the Government can cease your assets if they feel you are becoming a threat to them, just look at what USA did to Russian assets and other countries they feel are unfriendly to them,

What assets do you see then US government seizing in this globally decentralized network? One sites hardware?
Will the government invade Africa too?

these governance voting can be gamed, by the developers, investors etc, developer can decide to go rogue and take away these assets. I just feel the risk is higher than the rewards.

The only attack vector against what I've built has "mirror properties of nakamoto consensus"
I'm willing to have the integrity battle tested.

their motive is different and it is to control it like they control Fiat.

This isn't really something you have to get permission for  unless they wanted to invoke violence after realizing what the physical setup of this system is capable of . But by the time they realize that, it's a global network and they wouldn't put a dent in the system.

I understand the skepticism about the fairness of the governance asset and that's why my first usecase is going to be using the protocol as a "dirty oracle" for a betting platform.
That way people can get a sense of the protocol's physicality first.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: