Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet should be used to keep bitcoin safe?  (Read 318 times)
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 03:18:34 PM

They are many Bitcoin wallet to use enable to keep his or her Bitcoin safe, I prefer using trust wallet app, is very easy to use, while keep the private key and phase code safe, and is control by the owner of the wallet.

So far, Trust Wallet has not had any problems, but you should not use it for a long time and use it to store large amounts of bitcoins. Trust wallet is a non-custodial wallet, but it is a closed source it is like a Ledger, and we won't know what they are doing with our seed phrase and assets. I recommend switching to Electrum, which is both an open source and non-custodial wallet.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steve5946
Copper Member

Activity: 139
Merit: 4

Professional virtual assistant and writer

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 06:13:35 PM

They are many Bitcoin wallet to use enable to keep his or her Bitcoin safe, I prefer using trust wallet app, is very easy to use, while keep the private key and phase code safe, and is control by the owner of the wallet.

So far, Trust Wallet has not had any problems, but you should not use it for a long time and use it to store large amounts of bitcoins. Trust wallet is a non-custodial wallet, but it is a closed source it is like a Ledger, and we won't know what they are doing with our seed phrase and assets. I recommend switching to Electrum, which is both an open source and non-custodial wallet.

I had an old wallet on Trust Wallet and one day my coins magically disappeared. Support claimed that my account has been compromised by bots. I don’t think Trust wallet is that good, I’ll always go with Ledger, Electrum, or Trezor.
headingnorth

Activity: 251
Merit: 37

NO SHITCOIN INSIDE

View Profile
June 04, 2023, 06:20:32 PM

For online wallets I would use only Mycelium or Electrum bitcoin wallets.

These are open source bitcoin-only wallets that have been around since 2011 and to my knowledge have never been hacked.

Don't mess around with altcoins or altcoin wallets they are all scams.

ETHEREUM IS THE MOTHER ASSHOLE FROM WHICH THE SHITCOINS SPRING.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
June 05, 2023, 04:30:19 PM

Thank you all for explaining so beautifully. Many people talk about many wallets, I chose Electrum wallet. I am going to use electrum wallet.
It's a good choice; in my opinion, it's the best one out there. I've been using it for the past few years, and I'm perfectly satisfied; it's simple and efficient. As others have already mentioned, if you're not actively trading, avoid stalling your funds on a centralized exchange; there are plenty of examples of them suddenly failing, such as Mt.Gox or FTX. I also saw some users recommending online wallets, which should be avoided at all costs. I've lost money that way.

Moreover, if I were you, after you're accustomed to cryptocurrencies and hold some Bitcoin or other coin yourself, I'd consider purchasing a hardware wallet, preferably Trezor, because there's currently some commotion regarding Ledger, one of the two most well-known options.
Keeping funds at an exchange or any other centralized exchange is obviously not a good choice if as you said they are not being used and are just kept idle, one should only have funds at an exchange or another platform if they are using the funds for some service offered by that platform, otherwise, one should always keep their funds in a wallet that give them full custody of their funds.

Electrum is probably the best choice if someone isn't willing to buy a hardware wallet and if someone doesn't have a lot of funds, electrum should be good enough to keep a few hundred or even a few thousand dollars since it is safe and secure if you have the seed phrase and private keys safe.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: