Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:54:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart to sell at a loss in anticipation?  (Read 2548 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:35:03 PM

Once this persistent rumor is confirmed, Its gonna get really ugly when bulls ( knife-catchers) and hodlers panic and capitulate as it pops.
Sheer Panic and unreal prices is not excluded in the coming weeks..

It is possible you are very wrong.

It is indeed possible. But do you know how many times and at how many price ranges I have heard that 'China is already priced in', only for it to turn out that it actually isn't?

Going forward, we have to assume that sooner rather than later, all the volume on the Chinese exchanges is going to stop, as the exchanges cease to operate because the Chinese government are not going to allow a phenomena to openly flourish that has the potential for undermining their entire economic system. As the reality continues to materialise, there will be further sell-off events, which a combination of arbitrage takers, those anticipating the arbitrage takers, and those simply panic selling cos the price is going down, will ensure that activities on the USD exchanges mirror the CNY exchanges.

Any uptrend between now and the end of digital Bitcoin trading in China will be a counter-trend rally...........(and I personally am suspecting a little rally up to mid $550 ranges).

It is that simple.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
K128kevin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:00:30 AM

I believe that once you buy some bitcoin, you should not even think about how much you paid for them. Honestly what you originally paid should have no bearing whatsoever on when you choose to buy or sell. If the price is going to go down, the right decision will always be to sell, even if it is for less than what you originally paid. And on the flip side of that, if the price is going to go up, the best option is always going to be to buy.

Although personally I don't buy/sell often. I'm a fan of hodling xD

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:27:37 AM

Once this persistent rumor is confirmed, Its gonna get really ugly when bulls ( knife-catchers) and hodlers panic and capitulate as it pops.

It is indeed possible. But do you know how many times and at how many price ranges I have heard that 'China is already priced in', only for it to turn out that it actually isn't?

Going forward, we have to assume that sooner rather than later, all the volume on the Chinese exchanges is going to stop, as the exchanges cease to operate because the Chinese government are not going to allow a phenomena to openly flourish that has the potential for undermining their entire economic system. As the reality continues to materialise, there will be further sell-off events, which a combination of arbitrage takers, those anticipating the arbitrage takers, and those simply panic selling cos the price is going down, will ensure that activities on the USD exchanges mirror the CNY exchanges.

Any uptrend between now and the end of digital Bitcoin trading in China will be a counter-trend rally...........(and I personally am suspecting a little rally up to mid $550 ranges).

It is that simple.

The China story is losing it's power especially after the recent hoax.
The China story is still losing it's power even if the recent rumors are true.  Smiley

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:21:28 AM

I also bought at 680 and my only way is to hodl. Too risky for me to play this sell and buy game. Bitcoin almost do the opposite of that what we expect.

As we were at 520 just 3 weeks ago everybody was expecting a downfall back to 400s again so I was waiting with buying and than that whale bought 10k coins and we were at 710 in just minutes. So I thought 680 is a good price and bought.
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:58:19 AM

Better to hold and buy some if it hits 400

Sawadekub

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:29:15 AM

yea its for 99.9% sure wont drop < 200 thats for sure LOL!! 200-300 very diff.. 300-400 abit diff.. 400-500 yes might drop to 400..
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:09:31 PM

It is that simple.

The China story is losing it's power especially after the recent hoax.
The China story is still losing it's power even if the recent rumors are true.  Smiley
Gotta remember though, "the markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent."

I still feel that there is a lot of consolidation that is yet to occur before any other trending will occur. After all, the Chinese markets have been affected by all of the news (rumors as they may be) and their market share will continue to impact the entire bitcoin landscape for a while to come. Sure I don't think the trendline will continuously go down, but I think it could last a little while longer. As for that analysis chart that someone posted, I think at this stage, better results would be gotten with a exponential chart. If this stretches out to May (which I highly suspect will be the case) we could see ~$300, but I think by then the market trend will have finally shown signs of going in the other direction.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: