Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:23:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you browse the forum without notification?  (Read 502 times)
_BlackStar
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1231

View Profile
June 25, 2023, 10:55:14 PM

So far, bot notification are much more useful than email notification for certain things like merit, mention and quote etc. But email notification also have their uses even when you can't trust bots such as message notification, email change, and password change etc. But of course it would be great if the forum also had more complete notification like it has been possible with bots so far.
Bot notification is more convenient and safe than email notification.
I can confirm that too - but I haven't tried it so far.
I tend to look back at my own post history and find anyone manually citing my post. There are probably a few I would have missed if they weren't so important - but bot can save me a lot of time.

I cannot imagine spamming my email with any mention of my username. I don't visit my email often and I don't subscribe to third party newsletter. So, when a mail drops in my box, I know it is for work or other official messages that needs attention and not a forum mention by a random user.
I even want to stop the default pm notification through email.
I don't have any notifications enabled that let me receive email from forums - in fact I rarely even check how many emails are filling up my inbox over a long period of time. Plus my account email is custom built and I only use it on forums - not on other platforms which would prevent me from getting a lot of newsletters.

I understand, right now bots have been helping forum users get quick notifications regardless of how many notifications they allow - so might try that soon too.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tread93

Activity: 1154
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 29, 2023, 03:56:31 AM

How do people that doesn't use quotes or mentions notification bots browse this forum? I mean, it is wrong and does not promote healthy discussion. I am a user who is always not excited by whatever is in the opening topic (OP). I rather go through the flowing conversation to see who holds opposite opinion with me, then I will go in for some kind of debate in order to come out of the conversation more informed. Although this has its backlash, some merits sources will not hand out merits to you if you challenge their opinions, that is why some users prefer to lick the ass of others maybe to be in their good book for merits.Pardon me for a slight off topic

It's sometimes hurting when you quote or mention someone with the mind to further engage in conversation with the person, but the fellow might never return again to the thread. Could it be these set of users that Royse777 and Hhampuz complain that they use the forum in a wrong way or they post for weekly pay.

If you use notification bots, it will not be difficult to complete and exceed your weekly post quota. There will also not be a slight room for AI usage. If you engage in meaningful conversation in upto three threads, it is possible you can make even more than 10 posts a day and also will be learning new things.
People who doesn't use any of these notification bots should try and activate one to promote quality and meaningful discussion in the forum.

Recommendations

I know of others but I'm not sure they are still maintained till date. If you have recommendations for this service, you can drop and I will gladly add to Op.

I like your style to stir the pot! It does help the discussion move along and progress. Those notification bots are very interesting and I can see them being extremely helpful down the line. I could definitely use it!!! I find it very hard to keep track of everything having to go back and forth on this thread and that thread, and think a more streamlined approach would definitely help. I will check those bots out Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: