Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:26:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam targeting Metamask wallet user's  (Read 257 times)
Gladitorcomeback

Activity: 658
Merit: 598

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 05:55:17 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Creating a new account will not solve the problem, but rather that you do not share your email address publicly, or at least with trusted parties only.
These users collect thousands of data from several sources, and therefore you should be careful in publishing an email and not clicking random links.

I think the best solution is that our main email should be different from contact email. generally we use one mail for all purpose which is not good option. i created one email for Binance only and did not share with anybody because most of my fund are there for trading purpose. I using one mail for airdrops and from this mail i Recieving daily spam mails and i don't caring of them.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1392

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 10:38:09 PM

I just got a message from some scammer claiming to be Metamask with the statement that my Metamask wallet needs an upgrade.
Unfortunately, Metamask is not the only wallet that scammers send such messages to its users to upgrade their wallets. I previously found the same message, but for the application of the Trust wallet, Binance, and MEXC platforms, and they put a malicious link containing a fake application in order to be downloaded by the recipients of the messages and users of the platforms, so the first step is to know what the message was real or fake is to look at the official email of the sender, the domain link that these scammers sent, and the tweets and announcements of the wallet or the exchange platform on their official websites or social media. And I advise you to use a "Custom email" for the public and a custom email for your financial accounts; also, do not open any links in the message sent to you and do not download any application from the mail or any PDF, and finally make your trust zero in incoming mail messages so that you do not regret!

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Nwada001 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 627

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 11:53:26 PM

Aside from that, you never know where they got your email from, so the best solution is either to ignore the mail completely or to create a new email, which is what I have done since the mail is not even associated with any of my important stuff online.

Creating a new account will not solve the problem, but rather that you do not share your email address publicly, or at least with trusted parties only.
These users collect thousands of data from several sources, and therefore you should be careful in publishing an email and not clicking random links.

Totally agree with you; currently, there is nothing that can't be sold or gotten from the market; even our social media data and places where we might think our data is secured and safe, those personal details are to some extent still sold out to third parties. And there are also lots of tools out there that extract mail from a user's profile without the user's knowledge. That's why it's advisable for us to always use one mail for one site and avoid having unexpected mail go into the ignore list.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1762

View Profile
June 15, 2023, 01:35:29 PM

I just got a message from some scammer claiming to be Metamask with the statement that my Metamask wallet needs an upgrade.
Somehow I've been away from Metamask wallet for quite some time, since then strange things have been happening, I suspect scammers are roaming there, ehh it's true, I've been using Metamask wallet for almost a year at that time and I've done some activities there, somehow my crypto asset disappeared by itself in minutes, since that incident i decided to unsubscribe with Metamask/closure.

I feel insecure dealing with Metamask wallets, until now, my prediction is correct that wallets are the target of scammers, this is really bad.

Everything you said is true, precisely for the time of that incident, i have updated and replaced all my devices for future safety, i really avoid to use Metamask wallet, ever.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nwada001 (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 627

View Profile
June 15, 2023, 04:39:48 PM

Somehow I've been away from Metamask wallet for quite some time, since then strange things have been happening, I suspect scammers are roaming there, ehh it's true, I've been using Metamask wallet for almost a year at that time and I've done some activities there, somehow my crypto asset disappeared by itself in minutes, since that incident i decided to unsubscribe with Metamask/closure.

I feel insecure dealing with Metamask wallets, until now, my prediction is correct that wallets are the target of scammers, this is really bad.

Losing assets from your Metamask wallet just like that without a trace of what actually happened to the wallet might be a result of a phishing attack, or there might have been leakage somewhere that you were not aware of. Because I have not heard of a Metamask wallet being compromised without the user actually being the one who might have divulged the wallet's private information to scammers.
If no, then this is another useful piece of information for everyone to start avoiding it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
CryptSafe

Activity: 742
Merit: 423

View Profile
June 15, 2023, 08:18:38 PM

One thing I know for sure is that once you have an application stored or already installed in your phone, when ever the application is outdated or a new version is available, one you open the application, the update notice pops up immediately for your actions of updating it or you get a notification on your phone based on your settings but sending random messages to people is what I do not get. I still know some people would fall for this scam so easily as they have no knowledge about how it works.
OP you did well by calling the attention of members here to seeing this mail you received. It would help a long way to calling to the consciousness of members here to look out for such mail and quickly delete it from their nox so as not to get scammed.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
June 15, 2023, 11:42:13 PM

Scammers seem to keep finding new ways to scam other people. I received this just yesterday and I've got to admit that it looks pretty realistic.

The sender appears to be Binance, but ultimately if you click for more information, you'll see that it has nothing to do with Binance whatsoever. It's also interesting to mention that the email wasn't directly sent to spam, but remained in the inbox folder. From the looks of it, it seems to attempt to steal information by luring you to connect your DEX wallet (Metamask, Trustwallet etc.). It's easy to claim that there are quite a few phishing attempts targeting cryptocurrency users, and scammers will keep finding new ways in order to succeed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x