Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TrueUSD (TUSD) Next stablecoin to depeg?  (Read 221 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 01, 2023, 12:35:48 AM

It's not that far off from the $1 peg; it was way worse a few weeks ago, after it stopped minting activities via Prime Trust, causing it to lose parity for a few days, going as low as $0.995. My main concern is that we resorted to stablecoins as a means to secure our funds without turning them into fiat, and we're constantly subject to similar incidents; even the giants USDT, USDC, and BUSD have suffered similar issues before, but fortunately were quick to recover their parity. Until one day they don't, which isn't as unlikely as we want to believe, especially those algorithmic stablecoins such as TUSD, USDD, and many others.

Personally, while I don't worry too much about losing my money on a possible depegging of a stablecoin, although I've already lost a decent sum when Terra crashed (UST), it's frustrating to see FUD and price fluctuations on something that's supposed to be stable.
Without a doubt it can be a frustrating experience, but I think that what is happening is that governments do not want to tolerate stable coins anymore, they cannot get rid of bitcoin no matter what they do, but to accept a bunch of private companies to somehow go around their monopoly is something they cannot allow anymore.

With this in mind I would not be surprised if during the next decade all stable coins disappeared, and people which wanted to protect themselves in the case of a market crash had no other option but to sell their coins and get fiat in return.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 01, 2023, 04:20:44 AM

Been a few days since I posted this and it still seems to hold the peg. I am sure many holders were worried and just switched to USDT or USDC and it’s still holding up. Very strange.

Some exchanges like Kraken even added TUSD perps where you can short it if you think it will depeg. Crazy times.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Godday

Activity: 1526
Merit: 397

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2023, 02:28:57 PM

I have exchanged TUSD to USDT and USDC. I feel worried about the current state of the market. Even though they guarantee as a stablecoin and they have collateral, but it is important for me to secure my assets to another stable coin for now.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 03:55:34 AM

I have exchanged TUSD to USDT and USDC. I feel worried about the current state of the market. Even though they guarantee as a stablecoin and they have collateral, but it is important for me to secure my assets to another stable coin for now.
Be careful with USDC, it was not long ago that stable coin also present problems and some people had to accept some losses when they had to sell their USDC below the dollar parity, now this may bring the question about which stable coin is safe at all right now to hold?

And unfortunately I think there is no stable coin safe to hold right now, even if it was stated over and over again that this day may come many people seem to be unprepared for the real possibility that in the future governments will attack stable coins with everything they have, as they are direct competitors to their CBDCs.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2023, 11:53:58 AM

Be careful with USDC, it was not long ago that stable coin also present problems and some people had to accept some losses when they had to sell their USDC below the dollar parity, now this may bring the question about which stable coin is safe at all right now to hold?
For me, USDC and its centralized model, which is DAI, is much better than USDT, but due to the high liquidity that USDT enjoys, its use in platforms is much higher. Therefore, it is better to withdraw all your investments in stablecoins into cash and leave a very small percentage in investments such as USDT by 40%, USDC by 30%, and DAI by 30%, and the higher the percentage of DAI, the better.

Investing in other stablecoins pairs is dangerous and I do not recommend it at all.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4285

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2023, 12:13:00 PM

For me, USDC and its centralized model, which is DAI, is much better than USDT, but due to the high liquidity that USDT enjoys, its use in platforms is much higher. Therefore, it is better to withdraw all your investments in stablecoins into cash and leave a very small percentage in investments such as USDT by 40%, USDC by 30%, and DAI by 30%, and the higher the percentage of DAI, the better.

Investing in other stablecoins pairs is dangerous and I do not recommend it at all.

I store chtablecoins only in DAI, they have the most honest statistics, but the price of DAI is pegged to the price
https://daistats.com/#/
https://makerburn.com/#/

https://www.theblock.co/post/235837/makerdao-purchases-additional-700-million-in-treasury-bonds
"MakerDAO increased its U.S. Treasury bond holdings to $1.2 billion after a $700 million purchase.
The organization initially purchased $500 million in bonds in October 2022. "

But the company begins to take bonds and banking assets as collateral, which makes the stablecoin dependent on these assets.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2023, 01:43:13 PM

But the company begins to take bonds and banking assets as collateral, which makes the stablecoin dependent on these assets.
This is a good option, I do not know what the current possession is as collateral, but it is clear that DAI was exposed to USDC, which caused their value to drop, just as it happened with USDC, and they could not recover the value of 1 dollar until after USDC regained its value.
I hope that there will be a better diversification of investments in Bitcoin and some other assets to ensure that what happened will not be repeated.

The currency is decentralized but maintaining the level of one dollar is central.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 07, 2023, 11:53:39 PM

And unfortunately I think there is no stable coin safe to hold right now, even if it was stated over and over again that this day may come many people seem to be unprepared for the real possibility that in the future governments will attack stable coins with everything they have, as they are direct competitors to their CBDCs.
I don't believe that there's any guarantee or security with either of them. Some, at least, seem to be a little safer than others. USDC did indeed face some issues a little over a month ago, which resulted in the coin losing parity with the U.S. Dollar, but recovery came within a day or two at most. So far, most if not all major stablecoins such as USDC, USDT, TUSD, and BUSD have shown that even when 1:1 parity is lost, the recovery is usually imminent in less than a day or two. Certainly, there are exceptions to this rule; UST was one of the largest in capitalization but still suffered huge losses due to the Terra incident.

Even TUSD, which the article is referring to, recovered within one or two days at almost 1:1 parity, and a few days later, it was back to normal, suffering zero losses. I believe that the FUD around a possible depeg on stablecoins creates a broader issue than the depeg itself.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Rampagoe004

Activity: 1428
Merit: 287

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2023, 07:35:02 AM

I think like most people in this forum. TUSD is still very worrying pegged to the dollar. This means that people will trust USDT, USDC or BUSD more. I'm more careful and I'd rather wait to see how TUSD develops in the future.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███