Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:05:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: misuse of Bitcoin by the Nigerian politicians  (Read 198 times)
Out of mind

Activity: 448
Merit: 240

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
July 11, 2023, 02:36:01 PM

Nigerian politicians are stealing the country's money and turning it into Bitcoin, a cryptocurrency, in the face of the law. Corrupt leaders steal the money in such a way that na one knows about it and they trade the money in bitcoins. Bitcoin transactions were initiated to launder the stolen funds so that their misdeeds would not be exposed locally. But I think if a proper legal investigation properly identifies Bitcoin transactions by government officials then maybe their misdeeds will come to light.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2023, 05:34:38 PM

My take on this issues is that no matter how they tried to hide bio or mio in their wallet through bitcoin one day it will still reveal itself that they are looting funds. We know that is a decentralized platform whereby we can't trace or track them so they must sign up in exchange to buy it them selves but through their kyc exchanger may still know that a prominent politicians owns such amount in their account. And even if they thought of buying it through p2p there are some fellow youths who would still come reveal about their transaction with such politicians. Currently I know that youths are angry and if they discovered such thing they will raise alarm to Nigerians how politicians are using our money to buy bitcoin in other for them to loot.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Wiwo

Activity: 1050
Merit: 679

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2023, 07:17:44 PM

My take on this issues is that no matter how they tried to hide bio or mio in their wallet through bitcoin one day it will still reveal itself that they are looting funds. We know that is a decentralized platform whereby we can't trace or track them so they must sign up in exchange to buy it them selves but through their kyc exchanger may still know that a prominent politicians owns such amount in their account. And even if they thought of buying it through p2p there are some fellow youths who would still come reveal about their transaction with such politicians. Currently I know that youths are angry and if they discovered such thing they will raise alarm to Nigerians how politicians are using our money to buy bitcoin in other for them to loot.
One of the major reasons why most countries government are having missfeelings about Bitcoin is due to the possibility of the politicians using Bitcoin to melt away national wealth,  but not knowing that politicians have employed a lot of alternative ways to steal money without traces aside from using bitcoin since it can still be traceable to them.

More also you are right that the decentralized nature of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that we have around have made privacy really achieved for some limits and most of the corrupt politicians are aware of that and they are holding huge amount in both Bitcoin and other coins,  I remember when cryptocurrency was first attacked in Nigeria,  we had a lot of politicians with cryptocurrency trading apps on the mobile devices so it shows that they already know what the new development really is.
Forever101

Activity: 336
Merit: 27

View Profile
July 11, 2023, 07:38:17 PM

My opinion is a bit different from others view. That they can not be caught is far from the truth if justice is to prevail. Before fiat is converted to bitcoins , the fiat goes from an account to an exchange or to a Decentralized exchange as the case maybe. If so, the traces of money  entering an account and the vanishing into the air can be questionable which provides a legal ground for such perpetrator to be sued.  Which ever way the user follow to loot money, there will definitely be traces to an account.
 If it happens that, the Bitcoin purchased is carried out via government account, then the staffs are questionable.

I do not think anyone can steal public funds as easy as that without any traces if properly monitored. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: