Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:58:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACKROCK SPOT ETF DISCUSSION  (Read 202 times)
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 16, 2023, 03:42:06 AM

I am sure that by now, crypto enthusiasts and supporters can see be the bright side and the dark side of ETF. In terms of benefits to the market, there is that excitement because of the big possibility for the price of BTC - and even alts - to go to the roof. And this can be good news to many but beyond this euphoria we can soon see the many disadvantages as the market will now be under the strong influence of big financial institutions which Satoshi Nakamoto had been wary about. Anyway, let's just continue watching and even enjoy the ride...take part of the celebratory party without closing our eyes to the things happening behind the scenes.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2023, 06:49:28 PM

People will not hold real btc because ETFs could not be called real Bitcoin holders. Etf trader are not holding any btc in their wallet. An ETF is just a contract in the form of paper.
Sure, but existence of ETF doesn't prevent anyone from buying and holding actual bitcoins. ETF is designed for institutional investors or for those who, for whatever reason, don't want to hold it themselves. And we all know that ensuring that our private keys are created and stored securely is not an easy task.
I wouldn't recommend anyone, who got into bitcoin just to trade it, to keep their coins themselves. The risk of losing them would be greater than with keeping them in an insured (I assume) ETF.

If prices increase then these big asset managers can dump the market to stable Price. This will decrease the interest of crypto users. In short the growth in price will be very slow just like gold

I don't think there's anything that prevents big whales from manipulating BTC price currently, so I don't expect introduction of the spot ETF would increase that risk.
The higher the volume, the less volatility. Not being able to experience another x1000 pump might sound bad at first, but it's a god thing in a long run. Due to it's nature BTC should still be steadily increasing in value and become more of a solid store of value than a high-risk-high-yield asset.

Bitcoin will not remain totally decentralized and the Government will be able to control it.

How exactly? In theory, nothing changes in that regard. Except maybe that with greater value, there's a greater incentive for governments (or other players) to try to highjack i.e. by co-opting devs and miners.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2023, 03:35:14 AM

Sure, but existence of ETF doesn't prevent anyone from buying and holding actual bitcoins. ETF is designed for institutional investors or for those who, for whatever reason, don't want to hold it themselves.
Institutional investors are market makers and manipulators. Bitcoin Spot ETFs will bring more institutional investors into Bitcoin market and they will do their manipulation games, more than now.

They like Bitcoin Spot EFTs because they don't want to hold bitcoin by themselves and because they are familiar with capital management and investments through ETFs. I hope they will not learn any big lessons from losing coins because they don't buy bitcoin and don't own private keys.

I don't think there's anything that prevents big whales from manipulating BTC price currently, so I don't expect introduction of the spot ETF would increase that risk.
The higher the volume, the less volatility. Not being able to experience another x1000 pump might sound bad at first, but it's a god thing in a long run. Due to it's nature BTC should still be steadily increasing in value and become more of a solid store of value than a high-risk-high-yield asset.
Manipulations exist in all markets and Bitcoin market has less strict regulations on other markets so manipulation in this market should be more easily for whales, institutional investors. It is more easily for them to manipulate the market because the marketcap is smaller than other markets which they already manipulated successfully.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀