Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:24:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing Private Keys with Colors, how safe is this?  (Read 538 times)
Flexystar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
July 18, 2023, 03:00:20 PM

Unless and until I am not sure about the exact pattern of conversion and also safety standard I may not get involved with modern ways of conversions. I would rather prefer to keep my bitcoins on paper wallet and Store it somewhere safe. I had very bad experience with the software wallets such as mycelium and others when it comes to backing up and importing the previously generated address.

With such coded messages I don’t want to complicate it even further. What if colors are read in wrong way? How many combinations it would generate with just 8 color codings? I don’t know everything seems ambiguous at this stage. But let’s hope they will have full proof System soon. It’s always welcomed.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2023, 01:09:16 PM

Hm, why just limit yourself with colors-pallet.

We can advance further and convert SEED phrase into music.

I have just used Music Sheet Cipher and converted the following SEED (search where universe puzzle search doctor dumb holiday patch wheel begin detect) - don't use it! - into music notations.

You must have good musical knowledge to understand it. Does the musical sheet contains all seed words and does not include non-seed words?

Because if you hide your seed words, mix them with non-seed words, you will have problems to find whatrl words are from your seed.

It is better if the sheet only contains seed words but what will happen if with this large piece of paper, you will have more risk to see it gets wet, damages by physical threats. I could be wrong but a smaller piece of paper is better for me to store my seed. It is more easily to backup, storage safely and recover in future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: