Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins for cash? And development for bitcoins?  (Read 5761 times)
MountEverest (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 06:43:56 PM

Hello.

I have two questions:

Is there anywhere I can exchange cash for bitcoins? I'm willing to send by snail mail but bitcoins4cash seems to be down.

Second question:

Could anyone recommend a good website where I can buy programming, freelancing and development services for bitcoins?

Best regards

MountEverest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 06:51:07 PM

Hello.

I have two questions:

Is there anywhere I can exchange cash for bitcoins? I'm willing to send by snail mail but bitcoins4cash seems to be down.

Second question:

Could anyone recommend a good website where I can buy programming, freelancing and development services for bitcoins?

Best regards

MountEverest

Check out this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54522.0
for cash transactions for bitcoins.

btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 06:54:30 PM

There was a guy in Canada who did cash-in-the-mail for bitcoins.  I don't recall who it was and can't find the thread, but you can try.

As for freelancing / programming for bitcoins-- I'm not aware of a site for that, in fact I was thinking about implementing one. Smiley

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:33:45 AM

There are some freelancers who have listed their services here:
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Category:Freelancers

There are many talented people who do freelancing and would be happy to accept bitcoin.  Some frequent the #bitcoin-dev IRC channel:
 - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bitcoin-dev&uio=d4

And additionally, there is a Services category here in the BitcoinTalk forum.
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2011, 06:36:28 AM

I have received random anonymous envelopes in the past containing nothing but a little bit of cash and a Bitcoin address.  I have always obliged at the current rate as of the time I opened the envelope.  My mailing address is on my home page about two thirds of the way down, just below the Facebook like button.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
jordonias

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 06:39:00 AM

If you're looking for freelance development for bitcoins you can hit me up at my email jordan@jordonias.com
I am working on some projects atm but I could find the time to work with you also
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:35:20 PM

I have received random anonymous envelopes in the past containing nothing but a little bit of cash and a Bitcoin address.  I have always obliged at the current rate as of the time I opened the envelope.  My mailing address is on my home page about two thirds of the way down, just below the Facebook like button.

I would recommend a printed QR code for your address. Typing in a public addresses not yet in use is a little tedious.

SistaS0uljah

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 11:48:04 PM

My first experience with cash for bitcoins was with Bitcoin Morpheus, who would accept checks via snailmail and then email you a redemption code that you could redeem on Mt. Gox.  His fee was only $1 per transaction, and it was a perfectly smooth process.  Unfortunately, he announced back in October that he would not be doing this any longer, as it was becoming too much work for too little reward (especially after the value of BTC dropped below $2 at about the same time).  He emailed me to say that someone else was going to take over this service, but it's now been more than two months and haven't heard anything more about it.  I'd be perfectly happy to do something similar for other newbies, but haven't made the effort to set up anything yet. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: