Are these flaws of SMF forum software?

(1/4) > >>

dzungmobile:
I know individually, I can customize my profile settings to ignore users or ignore avatars and signatures.
Add a user into my Ignore listDon't show users' avatars.Don't show users' signatures.
I still see posts of my ignored users if
Someone quoted posts of the ignored user.I visit a post history page of the ignored user.
I still see avatars and signatures of forum members, any member, if I visit that user profile page. My avatar is disabled in topics, posts but it still shows at top left corner.

My guess: It is because of flaws of the SMF forum software but I'd like to ask
Is it the SMF forum software flaw?Is it coded intentionally by bitcointalk admins?
Proposal
Could it be done with a SMF patch?

PX-Z:
Quote from: dzungmobile on July 28, 2023, 03:07:24 AM

I still see posts of my ignored users if
Someone quoted posts of the ignored user.I visit a post history page of the ignored user.
Check this thread[1] answers its the latest open discussion as this were discussed so many times.

I still see avatars and signatures of forum members, any member, if I visit that user profile page. My avatar is disabled in topics, posts but it still shows at top left corner.

It's self-explanatory, it only works in topic threads since its the main purpose of the forum — to discuss. Don't visit user profiles then.

As this were discussed too many times this suggestions were suggested so many times as well. Actually, this current SMF version cannot be upgraded to the latest one because this forum software is customized for the forum's needs, like trust feedback, merits, etc.
But most of this suggestions (i guess) can be implemented on the forum software that is under development for many years now.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5461107.0

yhiaali3:
Quote from: PX-Z on July 28, 2023, 03:41:32 AM

But most of this suggestions (i guess) can be implemented on the forum software that is under development for many years now.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5461107.0

Yes these suggestions can be implemented on the forum software which has been in development for many years now. But the question is when will this development end? Since my registration in the forum, I have been hearing about the new version of the forum, but so far nothing!!!

Sorry that my question is off topic, but I am curious to know that because many of the problems that are raised in the Meta section can be solved quite easily in the new version, but unfortunately there is no news.

LoyceV:

But why? There's no point in denying a user to read someone's post history if he clicks on it.
If there's anything that needs patching, is that you can't Merit a post on an ignored board. That's an actual flaw that confused many (established) members.

My avatar is disabled in topics, posts but it still shows at top left corner.
If you don't want to see your own avatar: remove it! Why would the rest of us have to see it if you don't even want it?

Husires:
You are looking for the feature to block users, which is not supported in the forum, you can ignore users, which is closer to mute feature in many social networking applications.You can customize your experience using the userscript, where you can hide the avatar or even remove posts from a specific member instead of hiding them, but I don't know if there is a userscript with these properties, so you might to pay a developer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page