Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gifting satoshis to future generations  (Read 1090 times)
Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2023, 02:18:56 AM

I am an oldie, a baby boomer actually and that is why I am more passionate about this technology than even some of the younger people who are kind of taking it too much for granted. I wish we had this tech breakthrough when I was young, my whole life could have been so different. It's an exciting time to be alive and this is also my plan. To leave different amounts of Bitcoin in wallets for all the babies and children in my family and also for others as well, and trying to educate more members of my family to hold and even use Bitcoin. My goal is to get Bitcoin knowledge and satoshi to at least 500 people before I leave this planet, then I won't feel my life here as being a waste. Knowledge and self-worth are the two great gifts we can give future generations and also the satoshis of course.  Smiley
Thanks for being willing to introduce bitcoin to a certain number of people before you leave Mother Earth, I have almost gave up on introducing Bitcoin to people, illiteracy in my country have blindfolded many people around me, but a simple plumber who restores my water pipe issue brings back my lost zeal, he accepted bitcoin as payment and that got me good.

It's a shame that the majority of family members want to compete, they hope I fail and they want to be the last man standing, while I don't want to compete with any of them I just decided to leave them be, I mean, Bitcoin isn't something we can force on certain people, it's not because they won't understand, but their compete habit won't let them learn, after all what do I know?

The Lord is your strength @qiwoman2, my advice is we can't force Bitcoin on them, but we can always do our best and leave the rest, Bitcoin will survive, and many unborn babies will benefit, it will be a good view watching from the other side too but I pray we live longer to at least experience how things will unfold for Bitcoin.

Cheers.
This is what makes me really stop on telling people around me about Bitcoin on which it would really be turning out that im a bad guy on introducing things that really looks like an alien to them on which it would really be

just that ending up that you are really that tending to hook them on something dangerous which it do really sucks on having that kind of feeling on which our intents arent really supposed to be that way but it turns out that we are really that tending them to put people in harm which is really that totally the opposite.This is why i have decided that its better to be silent and would really be minding my own business and would really be continuing on what im doing in terms of accumulation. Im just letting that recognition and adoption to have its move since its something that cant be stopped. The thing that i dont really like is that im getting blamed
on something which i havent done and having those kind of regrets and bashes that i shouldnt have introduced something to them which it did really result in losing money.
Just let those youngster do able to learn up things neither by other sources or methods or paths.It would depend on a certain person if they would tend to fasten it up at least even on the smallest scale or type of introduction.
if we're being honest, you're not to blame for people's inability to do their own research. If you introduce them to Bitcoin, and they make rash decisions without understanding the intricacies, thats on them. Its like giving someone a car; if they choose to drive recklessly without understanding the rules, who's at fault?

Introducing someone to a new concept doesnt make you a villain; it makes you a visionary. And for those who bash you for their losses, remind them that the stock market isnt a guaranteed win either. People lose money there every day. Its high time they take accountability for their decisions and stop scapegoating others. You're on the right path by minding your business. Let the naysayers wallow in their self-pity. The world needs more educators and less blame gamers.

There is some truth in what you are saying Blitzboy, and frequently I find myself telling people about bitcoin while at the same time suggesting that they don't come crying to me if they lose money on it or they fuck something up, and frequently people see my approach as NOT sufficiently advocating for what I am saying that they do because I am not standing behind it sufficiently enough... and yeah there is ONLY so much that any of us can do (including letting people know that they are responsible for their own decisions, including not deciding and not acting), and maybe sometimes we do end up getting more raveled into helping someone (and holding their hands) in way too many ways, and it can be a difficult balance because some people actually need some hand-holding in order to really get started enough and to a far enough place that they can be thereafter be let out on their own.

Also, how well might we know the person, and are they really listening?  If they are asking their own questions, then likely they are listening, and sure some people might not ask very many questions and they still might be absorbing some of the information, so it might take several follow-ups to confirm that they sufficiently understand the information that has been shared with them.

And even in the case of something like inheritance or passing down gifts, there may well be some value in following up 1, 2, 3, 5 years or more down the road to figure out where the other person may be and if they have sufficiently retained the information that might have been shared at a point or several points earlier.  

[i]For sure interacting is likely way easier, but interacting can vary, so if you might tell your 10 year old about some bitcoin related information, and then you might not yet be at a point where you are comfortable with the 10 year old interacting with bitcoin, even though it could be possible to go down that road.. or if you are interacting with older relatives, some of them may or may not be willing to share some of their own finances, and they might have their own ideas that could get in the way regarding how to present matters or even trying to suggest that they "need to" learn something (technology) that might relate to something in which they already have  a lot of opinions and experiences (maybe not good opinions/experiences, but still).[/i]

Yes it's true. Interacting Bitcoin information to a 10year old can be sometimes uncomfortable. considering the fact that the mental ability can not comprehend Bitcoin. But one thing Is for sure. the journey of Bitcoin does not start a day. People usually become interested in learning, expecially when it's a money related discussion.

If you discuss Bitcoin information to your 10year child and he can't comprehend, you tell him about the inportant of Bitcoin the value and what the future will be and how much you have accumulated, he will be triggered to learn faster. It will definitely take alot of time for them to fully understand, but never the less as you grow in Bitcoin ability also try to grow with your children. Don't always see them as children.

Just like the topic, gifting Satoshi to the future generations to me I sugest that educating your child/children on Bitcoin at early stages is the best option. So that when they are more advanced you will not be afraid of losing your Bitcoin to an outdated Bitcoin storage facility. Or being afraid of the type of USB or hard disk to store. Because when dey are fully aware of Bitcoin even when you are no more on planet Earth and a new update on Bitcoin is available dey will definitely figure out a way to extract Bitcoin or update it.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10284

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 12, 2023, 06:40:19 PM

..........................  [i]For sure interacting is likely way easier, but interacting can vary, so if you might tell your 10 year old about some bitcoin related information, and then you might not yet be at a point where you are comfortable with the 10 year old interacting with bitcoin, even though it could be possible to go down that road.. or if you are interacting with older relatives, some of them may or may not be willing to share some of their own finances, and they might have their own ideas that could get in the way regarding how to present matters or even trying to suggest that they "need to" learn something (technology) that might relate to something in which they already have  a lot of opinions and experiences (maybe not good opinions/experiences, but still).[/i]

Yes it's true. Interacting Bitcoin information to a 10year old can be sometimes uncomfortable. considering the fact that the mental ability can not comprehend Bitcoin. But one thing Is for sure. the journey of Bitcoin does not start a day. People usually become interested in learning, expecially when it's a money related discussion.

If you discuss Bitcoin information to your 10year child and he can't comprehend, you tell him about the inportant of Bitcoin the value and what the future will be and how much you have accumulated, he will be triggered to learn faster. It will definitely take alot of time for them to fully understand, but never the less as you grow in Bitcoin ability also try to grow with your children. Don't always see them as children.

Just like the topic, gifting Satoshi to the future generations to me I sugest that educating your child/children on Bitcoin at early stages is the best option. So that when they are more advanced you will not be afraid of losing your Bitcoin to an outdated Bitcoin storage facility. Or being afraid of the type of USB or hard disk to store. Because when dey are fully aware of Bitcoin even when you are no more on planet Earth and a new update on Bitcoin is available dey will definitely figure out a way to extract Bitcoin or update it.

I don't really disagree with anything that you are saying Samlucky O   - except maybe I am trying to suggest that it becomes very difficult to presume the level of motivation and/or ability to learn that people have - and from my perspective, you seem to want to presume that the fact that there is money that can be gotten, then they are going to pay more attention and even realize the importance of learning - which may or may not end up being true.

We see a lot of examples in the world in which people appreciate money that they get for "free" much less than they appreciate money that they had to engage in their own proof of work to acquire and to build and to maintain.

And people also have different kinds of personalities, and yeah, maybe with the passage of time and through repetition, we can start to recognize the extent to which someone is becoming more motivated or less motivated, but I still doubt that we can count on any of those kinds of things progressing in the direction that we would like in terms of the abilities of people to retain information in their memories or even what incentivizes them, even though a lot of people are incentivized by money, but not everyone even though some people will still be incentivized by some of the freedoms that money could provide them in terms of getting other things that they like.. including maybe the ability to not have to work (meaning that they can choose their activities rather than being forced) or the ability to feed themselves with higher quality food, which sometimes people might not realize sacrifices that they might be making in terms of their own dietary choices based on marginal price differences.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Samlucky O

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2023, 07:31:28 PM

..........................  [i]For sure interacting is likely way easier, but interacting can vary, so if you might tell your 10 year old about some bitcoin related information, and then you might not yet be at a point where you are comfortable with the 10 year old interacting with bitcoin, even though it could be possible to go down that road.. or if you are interacting with older relatives, some of them may or may not be willing to share some of their own finances, and they might have their own ideas that could get in the way regarding how to present matters or even trying to suggest that they "need to" learn something (technology) that might relate to something in which they already have  a lot of opinions and experiences (maybe not good opinions/experiences, but still).[/i]

I
 don't really disagree with anything that you are saying Samlucky O   - except maybe I am trying to suggest that it becomes very difficult to presume the level of motivation and/or ability to learn that people have - and from my perspective, you seem to want to presume that the fact that there is money that can be gotten, then they are going to pay more attention and even realize the importance of learning - which may or may not end up being true.

We see a lot of examples in the world in which people appreciate money that they get for "free" much less than they appreciate money that they had to engage in their own proof of work to acquire and to build and to maintain.

That is true.. any money made by proof of work is always seen as hard earned money and also valued more than inherited asset. But never the less more people in the world needs capital to start their own investment. and It might be that dey don't want to continue with Bitcoin, but needs the ideology to get the capital. Although everyone must not be a Bitcoin investor. But we hope one day dey Will learn the inportant of Bitcoin.

And people also have different kinds of personalities, and yeah, maybe with the passage of time and through repetition, we can start to recognize the extent to which someone is becoming more motivated or less motivated, but I still doubt that we can count on any of those kinds of things progressing in the direction that we would like in terms of the abilities of people to retain information in their memories or even what incentivizes them, even though a lot of people are incentivized by money, but not everyone even though some people will still be incentivized by some of the freedoms that money could provide them in terms of getting other things that they like.. including maybe the ability to not have to work (meaning that they can choose their activities rather than being forced) or the ability to feed themselves with higher quality food, which sometimes people might not realize sacrifices that they might be making in terms of their own dietary choices based on marginal price differences.

Yes. As time goes on you will know the personality and the extent to which it's motivated. The question here is, how will you feel if you really know that you have been accumulating Bitcoin for someone who choses to dive into another profession? It's just a complicated issue here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: