Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore user confirmation before ignoring  (Read 339 times)
Jessie2121

Activity: 137
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 04, 2023, 11:54:11 PM

This is common to me, I will just see an user that I did not ignore but ignored. I do not know why this is like that. Not frequent but I do see it very well.

Is any other user noticing this?

This is because no message to check a box or something like that after pressing on ignore which can be a mistake. Is there a place that I can go to to set this on my profile? I mean confirmation before ignoring an user.

If there is no way to set it, I hope theymos will include that one day.

I saw that happening ones but I wasn't sure if I was the one who did but what you saying is true then your idea of informing the higher authority is valid, so that one is would know when he or she has hit the ignore button. Things can be changed only if theymos finds this request as a useful one which to me it is.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Learn Bitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 826

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2023, 07:14:34 AM

Well, sometimes, this happens when I use my smartphone. But I believe it's noticeable. If you click on any URL, it should load the page again. If it reloads without reason, you might want to check why it was loaded again unless you have a terrible internet connection. I have a very short ignore list, so it's easy to check who is on it.

I usually use the desktop to write as I feel comfortable writing from the desktop. I use a Smartphone to scroll the forum and read stuff. But I don't write anything unless it's too important.

Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
August 05, 2023, 09:24:35 AM

This is common to me, I will just see an user that I did not ignore but ignored. I do not know why this is like that. Not frequent but I do see it very well.

Is any other user noticing this?
Oh, yeah!
I have been met with this several times when strolling the forum for some good read on user’s comments and it’s always surprising. Maybe one day I might end up ignoring Theymos or the gigs that run the forum by the slip of a finger, lol… of course am kidding but yeah, that’s how it all happens. Just the slip of a finger and the deed is done.

A confirmation message would be in order or serve some reminder as this bridges the gap between error and intentional in this affair of ignore and unignoring of users. It’s a common error most of all when you’re accessing the forum on a mobile device.

I have a good friend suggest shifting the ignore button from the residing spot but, I think this won’t be a best solution though. Your fingers have got a wide range to slide and could still do that. Besides, you find yourself doing either of the activities such as quoting, meriting or numbering of a post more than you might want to view a user’s profile. Having to remove it from its current spot would mean placing it close to any of the above listed to ensure it continues to denote a user and that could create room for more errors.

A confirmation request would be in other to ensure the flow of information. Still, we can always unignore when discovered.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
August 05, 2023, 09:42:56 AM

Did you use your account on mobile regularly? It's more possible to mistakenly Ignore a user if you are on mobile than on laptop or computer.

The confirmation message for Ignore a user is not too necessary. It is very simple to click on UnIgnore and it is done. Because you know about users you don't want to Ignore, you can UnIgnore them manually and easily.
I think you're right about such occurrence being more regularly with mobile phone users. Sometimes I find myself staring at users I know I didn't consciously ignore. I know my itching fingers would've touched the "ignore button" while I was trying to zoom in or out. I simply undo it whenever I notice that. I've a mental picture of those I've on ignore and if the user doesn't belong there on that list I do the needful. It's not a big deal to undo and I guess that's why there isn't any box to check to do that. Theymos won't see this complaint as an issue. We will all be chasing shadows if we expect he will do something about it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Mr.suevie

Activity: 518
Merit: 320

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2023, 07:43:57 PM

If I use the forum on mobile than is when that happens to me. Generally, I do not ignore anyone by putting them in the  ignore list. I can ignore anyone by not reading their posts or reacting to them. But I will be scrolling another day and find out that the particular user is ignored by my unknowingly.

There are two possible solutions, but Op mentioned number one.
  • Make ignore button have confirmation  before execution.
  • Take the ignore button off the position it is, close to the trust icon. Someone trying to click the trust icon may unknowingly click the ignore icon.
Wow I thought am solo on this particular experience because it has happened to me series of times and Iike you said it's usually happen when using mobile but I don't have much experience using laptop so I can't account for how the experience is on laptop but for mobile this particular issue keeps occuring and it's kinda annoying because most time I wonder how I got to ignore some user. The worst part is that even after you have made click the ignore by mistake it just load normally without you knowing what and who you have mistakenly ignored.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Patrol69

Activity: 560
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 06, 2023, 04:14:21 PM

This is a very common problem, many times it is seen that while posting on the forum or doing something else, a user suddenly clicks on the ignore button and gets ignored unintentionally, as a result of which the user has to be ignored again. If there was such a system in case of Ignore, and as soon as the ignore button is pressed, I will be asked to confirm whether you want this user to do this, then if I don't want to ignore that user, I will click on the no option and if I do that If I want to ignore the user I will click OK button. If the system is such that no member will be unintentionally ignored.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: