Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:47:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: E9 Pro and L7  (Read 71 times)
Ekaterinaaaa (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 07:28:09 AM

E9 Pro and L7. Despite differing algorithms, the machines' costs vary by a factor of 1.7, while their profit potentials differ by 1.3.

Algorithmic disparities make long-term profit forecasting a challenge. My friend invested in the Abyss model six months ago, witnessing ASIC's robust performance over an extended period, yet growth remained elusive. This dilemma placed them at a crossroads: Is this investment truly worthwhile? Given the lower and upcoming halving of SHA-256's returns, they opted to steer clear of SHA-256.

While E9 Pro might be an option, L7 has already undergone halving, making the S series appear the only feasible choice currently. However, attention

If profit potential is the sole concern, it's advisable to wait for the arrival of the L9 model before taking action. I am curious about L7's potential, speculating whether it can reach around 9300 to a hopeful 9500 range. Amidst this, doubts have arisen about L9's qualifications, piquing curiosity.

L7's power consumption, ranging from 3.1 to 3.2 kilowatts, seems to have become a thing of the past; its prime might have already passed. Miners' words are filled with caution as they assert this to be a mirage. With the LTC halving impending, they anticipate L7's price to drop within a month, with an investment payback period of fewer than 300 days. Embracing risk is urged, as the situation continues to evolve.

The potential entry of L9 into the Russian Federation or the possibility of L7 eventually becoming obsolete showcases the dynamic nature of mining decisions. Notably, 2/3 of profits are attributed to DOGE's overmining, minimizing concerns over LTC's halving impact.

Moreover, second-hand mining machines might currently alleviate the significant financial budget I have in mind for my future plans.
DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 08, 2023, 01:14:34 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2023, 02:25:45 PM by DVlog

Miners should have taken an extra cautious approach when they are using complex mining machinery. Cutting every bit of cost is crucial for miners and in your perspective exploring 2nd hand mining machine can be a good strategy. But if you are looking for a better response from the forum members this topic should be moved over to this thread: Mining https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
JeffreyFisher

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2023, 08:10:48 AM

E9 Pro and L7. Despite differing algorithms, the machines' costs vary by a factor of 1.7, while their profit potentials differ by 1.3.

Algorithmic disparities make long-term profit forecasting a challenge. My friend invested in the Abyss model six months ago, witnessing ASIC's robust performance over an extended period, yet growth remained elusive. This dilemma placed them at a crossroads: Is this investment truly worthwhile? Given the lower and upcoming halving of SHA-256's returns, they opted to steer clear of SHA-256.

While E9 Pro might be an option, L7 has already undergone halving, making the S series appear the only feasible choice currently. However, attention

If profit potential is the sole concern, it's advisable to wait for the arrival of the L9 model before taking action. I am curious about L7's potential, speculating whether it can reach around 9300 to a hopeful 9500 range. Amidst this, doubts have arisen about L9's qualifications, piquing curiosity.

L7's power consumption, ranging from 3.1 to 3.2 kilowatts, seems to have become a thing of the past; its prime might have already passed. Miners' words are filled with caution as they assert this to be a mirage. With the LTC halving impending, they anticipate L7's price to drop within a month, with an investment payback period of fewer than 300 days. Embracing risk is urged, as the situation continues to evolve.

The potential entry of L9 into the Russian Federation or the possibility of L7 eventually becoming obsolete showcases the dynamic nature of mining decisions. Notably, 2/3 of profits are attributed to DOGE's overmining, minimizing concerns over LTC's halving impact.

Moreover, second-hand mining machines might currently alleviate the significant financial budget I have in mind for my future plans.

You are correct that the algorithmic differences between the E9 Pro and L7 make it difficult to predict their long-term profitability. The E9 Pro mines the SHA-256 algorithm, which is used by Bitcoin and Ethereum, while the L7 mines the Scrypt algorithm, which is used by Litecoin and Dogecoin. The SHA-256 algorithm is more popular and has a higher hashrate, but the Scrypt algorithm is more profitable at the moment.

Your friend's experience with the Abyss model shows that even the most profitable ASIC miners can lose value over time. This is because the difficulty of mining a cryptocurrency increases over time, which reduces the amount of profit that can be made.

The halving of SHA-256 rewards is definitely a factor to consider. When the next halving occurs, the rewards for mining Bitcoin will be cut in half. This will reduce the profitability of mining Bitcoin, but it will also reduce the competition, which could make it more profitable to mine other cryptocurrencies.

The L7 has already undergone halving, but it is still one of the most profitable ASIC miners on the market. The L9 is expected to be even more profitable, but it is not yet available. If you are looking for the most profitable ASIC miner, you may want to wait for the L9 to be released.

However, the L7 is still a good option if you are looking for a profitable ASIC miner that is available now. It is also important to consider the cost of electricity when choosing an ASIC miner. The L7 consumes a lot of power, so you will need to make sure that you have a cheap source of electricity.

The decision of whether to buy a second-hand mining machine is a personal one. There are pros and cons to both new and used mining machines. New mining machines come with a warranty, but they are more expensive. Used mining machines are less expensive, but they may not have a warranty and they may not be as reliable.

Ultimately, the best way to decide which ASIC miner to buy is to consider your budget, your electricity costs, and your risk tolerance. If you are willing to take on more risk, you may want to buy the L7. If you are looking for a more conservative investment, you may want to wait for the L9 to be released.

Here are some additional things to consider when choosing an ASIC miner:

The hashrate of the miner. The hashrate is the speed at which the miner can solve cryptographic puzzles. The higher the hashrate, the more profitable the miner will be.
The power consumption of the miner. The power consumption is the amount of electricity that the miner uses. The higher the power consumption, the more expensive it will be to run the miner.
The noise level of the miner. The noise level is how loud the miner is. If you are planning to mine in a residential area, you will need to choose a miner that is quiet.
The availability of the miner. Some miners are more difficult to find than others. If you are in a hurry to get started, you will need to choose a miner that is readily available.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Doan9269

Activity: 882
Merit: 583

View Profile
August 19, 2023, 09:16:34 AM

Wisdom is profitable, before one should begin any project for a start, it's very important to have sat down analyzing the cost of running it and check on the other conditions attached to it as well as before starting, running a mining rig requires alot of set-ups requirements and one have to consider the cost to having these machines and equipment with their availability for startups, your decision on this is not bad anyway for now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: