Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:24:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113398 times)
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:12:38 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:22:44 AM by _noname_

@ZeroBarrier

Your point about making it POS has merit. Playing devil's advocate here and not calling it scam. I presume, the developer wanted people from rest of the world to get involved as well. Isn't one of the premise is to free the currency flow. Also, I read on the Auroracoin forums where he (Baldur) very strongly supported flow of AUR with other currencies.

Looking at the evidence. The coins are being distributed and original team is trying to solve problems as they come across it. Also, they seem to be working on it full time; unlike other alts.

Don't know about the reason for the push to list on exchanges. But the premines were not sold even at that peak.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:25:01 AM

lol  is this for real you finally fucked up aur?

No actually this wasn't me, this is actually a straight up 51% attack due to the diff dropping so low.

This is a first, I just got scooped ROFL.

Timewarp is a slow build attack, 51% is an explosion like this.

~BCX~

Are You can call the coins that are protected from such attacks?

I need to know in which coins can I invest.

Thanks in advance!
JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:49:12 AM

No actually this wasn't me, this is actually a straight up 51% attack due to the diff dropping so low.

This is a first, I just got scooped ROFL.

Timewarp is a slow build attack, 51% is an explosion like this.

~BCX~

Are You can call the coins that are protected from such attacks?

I need to know in which coins can I invest.

Thanks in advance!

Bitcoin is safe, can only go up, and is infallible. Mortgage your house and bet all on Bitcoin
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:11:19 AM

I don't understand the vitriol and shadenfreuden going on over this.

Auroracoin had the potential to really help the Icelandic economy, and is a public shop window for the potential crypto currency as a whole. This undermines the prospects for every cryptocurrency.

OK, I mean no disrespect for the Icelandic people, but I'm fucking sick and tired of hearing this shit regurgitated over and over from the AUR fanbois. Neither I nor many other users here are from Iceland; and this may be shocking to you, but we don't really give a flying fuck about the Icelandic economy. If the Icelandic people don't give a fuck about their own economy enough to correct it themselves, then that's their fucking problem.

Cryptocurrencies are designed by nature to be universal. If they really want they can fight their government to use any of the other of the great cryptocurrencies disposable to them such as BTC, LTC, DOGE and so on. But hey, guess what, they fucking don't. Why? Perhaps they don't have the fucking nerve to stand up for themselves. We'll fine by me. No skin off my back.

It could be argued that the dev created this to scam BTC into his own pockets, it could also be argued he created this to try to get the rest of the world to financially support Iceland (as if any sane person would willingly give money to some poor saps in another country for free, hilarious); God knows there evidence pointing to both, but regardless of that national cryptocurrencies aren't fucking needed.

Let me repeat that for the reading impared, national cryptocurrencies are not fucking needed.

Please explain how Icelanders are to acquire BTC, LTC, or DOGE.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 11:14:49 AM

Isn't Iceland one of the best places in the world to mine?

Geothermal to generate electricity, cold climate to not need to waste electricity on air-conditioning, I thought it was one of the mining Meccas everyone wished they could relocate their mining operations to?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:25:45 AM

as if any sane person would willingly give money to some poor saps in another country for free, hilarious

Are you serious? People give money to charities that help people in other countries all the time. Are you honestly saying that doing this is insane?

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:35:18 AM

There are only a few I know of who could have done this.

Luke is that you?

Of coz it's him, no need to ask.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:36:14 AM

Isn't Iceland one of the best places in the world to mine?

Geothermal to generate electricity, cold climate to not need to waste electricity on air-conditioning, I thought it was one of the mining Meccas everyone wished they could relocate their mining operations to?

-MarkM-

Right. They can mine, they cannot buy.
Do we now expect that everyone must be a miner to participate in a meaningful way in the crypto economy?  Does ZeroBarrier never buy and sell bitcoin, LTC etc?
Is he such an objectivist hard ass that he feels he must destroy anything that smacks of charity?

The airdrop, which despite weeks if accusations has shown no sign of being a scam, is a terrific way to put a lot of crypto in the hands of a geographically concentrated group of people.  It is conceivable that this will lead to people actually using it to **gasp** transact, rather than merely speculate.  This isn't about charity, it's about moving cryptocurrency forward.
Francisdoge

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:49:33 AM

Can somebody sum up this situation in layman's terms ? I don't get it how/why this coin got destroyed, or by whom interests.
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

Congrats to bcx and his cronies for trying to rob thousands of people of their REAL investment's.

Mum would be proud now.

This isn't about moving crypto's forward or they would be presenting a solution not being apart of the problem.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:06:28 PM

Can somebody sum up this situation in layman's terms ? I don't get it how/why this coin got destroyed, or by whom interests.

It was destroyed from the start by the idiots or maybe more likely outright scammers who tried to con people into somehow imagining that scrypt is a viable method of securing a blockchain.

DOGE already showed how insanely vulnerable scrypt is, by conjuring up almost overnight so much hashpower that they could have totally screwed litecoin. It was lucky for litecoin that DOGE happened to be a "lets be yet another scamcoin" meme instead of being a "lets trash all the scrypt blockchains" meme.

Thus we already know that scrypt coins are just a meme away from being worthless.

Yet scammers keep on churning them out, since obviously they don't give a shit about other people's money except, of course, to steal it or scam people out of it.

Really what DOGE showed is not merely that scrypt is garbage but that CPU/GPU is not a viable way of securing a blockchain.

(Scrypt might actually be salvage-able, thanks to upcoming ASICs for scrypt, for one family of merged blockchains, all sharing the same massive hashing power, if that merged family controls more than half of the world's scrypt hashing power. Will that family be litecoin and friends or DOGE and friends, or will ltiecoin and DOGE adapt themselves to be merged mined together as one family so that litecoin and DOGE and friends could all be secured with the majority of the world's scrypt hashing power?)

The only reason bitcoin got away with using CPU then GPU then FPGA to secure its blockchain was that potential attackers were caught unprepared, they did not anticipate so much wealth being so easy to steal using mere raw brute computer-power.

Now they know well that blackchains can be attacked and how to attack them, and are loaded up with GPUs and CPUs and FPGAs.

Thus just a stupid meme can conjure up shitloads of raw brute computing power almost overnight.

Thus any serious attempt to secure a blockchain by proof of work needs to build ASICs before risking people's money on such a blockchain.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
samesstee

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:10:53 PM

^ that is one POV the other is that there are a lot of scrypt miners and they used their GPUs to vote against aur
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:13:51 PM

^ that is one POV the other is that there are a lot of scrypt miners and they used their GPUs to vote against aur

So you think mercenary scrypt miners willing to screw any scrypt blockchain to grab a few coins on some new scam out-hash the actual dedicated scrypt miners who mine to protect (secure) their holdings of scrypt based coins?

Do you also think that mercenary SHA256 miners who have no SHA256 coin wealth to secure out-number SHA256 hashes that exist for the purpose of securing the SHA256 coin holdings they own?

-MarkM-

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:22:16 PM

so NXT is more secure  Grin NXT to the Moon  Tongue
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:48:36 PM

Well, maybe it will...but we'll have to wait a long time.

That's actually better than a quick bubble. There's enough time to poke around with the nuts-and-bolts and see how it works.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:49:30 PM

GG, which scam coin is next?

You can always rent shit ton of rigs on leaserig.net or betarigs.com and make 51% attack more succesfull.
Am I right?
FilipZ

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:54:53 PM

no, naive  Grin

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
samesstee

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:57:56 PM

So you think mercenary scrypt miners willing to screw any scrypt blockchain to grab a few coins on some new scam out-hash the actual dedicated scrypt miners who mine to protect (secure) their holdings of scrypt based coins?

Do you also think that mercenary SHA256 miners who have no SHA256 coin wealth to secure out-number SHA256 hashes that exist for the purpose of securing the SHA256 coin holdings they own?

-MarkM-

Yes, the majority of miners have turned mercenary (sometimes unbeknown to them) and all they want is ROI .... they decided that AUR wasn't going to give them the security they want so they voted against it, through that process they allowed all you greedy bitcoin holders an opportunity to 51% attack AUR's BC.

as for your second sentence - care to rephrase?
samesstee

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:02:20 PM

Well, maybe it will...but we'll have to wait a long time.

That's actually better than a quick bubble. There's enough time to poke around with the nuts-and-bolts and see how it works.

Standalone POS coins have many advantages over NXT - plus they far less resemble a bullshit hyip pyramid scheme (which after the initial POS influence on other developers NXT had - that is all it deserves ever be)
_noname_

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:04:48 PM

Nothing has happened. This fork was planned beforehand. BCX you have lost credibility by spreading FUD. You probably gained through this by buying low?

On the matter of miners voting against it. If all you (miner) care about is people should buy from you because in theory you will always be the first ones to get the coin. Then, to be truthful, game is over for you. These are early days for cryptos. Everyone involved has some technical background. You will never see any one group holding power like this. And if they do, they will be removed from the equation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: