Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:05:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113396 times)
FilipZ

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:11:44 PM

And for how many weeks have people been pointing out that this coin is vulnerable? I've read dozens of threads and I only look into the forum a few times a week! People were given plenty of warning - and they didn't care enough to do a thing about it. If the Icelanders really wanted this coin they should have started mining it. If the speculators didn't want to see their investment go to zero, they too should have started mining it. But they didn't because at the end of the day they didn't care. This coin died because it's community didn't care.

such clever prediction based on fundamental research with logic such a far from indefeasible reasons of deductive logic

if community and miners and investors do not care about this bullshits, fairytales and pointless whining so it results in continuity  Grin

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FilipZ

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:13:22 PM

fuck off. The guy has a BOTNET, which means he is a criminal that does not respect people's privacy and property rights.

don't believe all fairytales posted here

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:15:46 PM

fuck off. The guy has a BOTNET, which means he is a criminal that does not respect people's privacy and property rights.

don't believe all fairytales posted here
In any event, may he meet his fate.
BreakoutCoins

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:31:47 PM

Don't worry people, BitcoinEXpress is a troll with moderate hashing power who 51%'s all new altcoins because he's a sad little faggot and likes the attention.  Read Litecoin's ANN thread when it first started... you'll find him there 51%ing it and talking about it's death.  He just gets off on fear mongering.

You sound like a troll under the bridge. If you don't like what's going on above your little bridge you should probably just leave your bridge. Attacking people above the bridge will prove fruitless.
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:40:48 PM

You sound like a troll under the bridge. If you don't like what's going on above your little bridge you should probably just leave your bridge. Attacking people above the bridge will prove fruitless.

You should calmly sit down in a corner. Spreading misinformation and claiming I have this blah power and can exploit is as low as anyone can go for profit. Although, fault of people who sold on this misinformation is higher and to some extent they deserved it (just holding for gains). But try not to vouch for BTX. He totally came across as incompetent. Although, a good social engineering exploit.
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:00:38 PM

I think there may be some FUD here.. natural forks are fine it will get resolved, some miners will be out on coins, but network should resolve itself.  Natural forks and orphaned chains are just fine, doesn't mean game is over.  Not even if someone hashes 51%.. it's just fine.

Hard fork caused by the client updates could be detrimental on whoever didn't update clients.. those people are screwed.. hopefully no major exchange got caught up with that.  But that's not caused by any malicious attacker, just a roll out + deployment issue.

Nothing indicates to me, that this was a malicious 51% attack, that is holding up the transactions/network..

I'm still interested in seeing the timewarp attack though, if you can pull that off props to you, it will highlight a vulnerability that i'm sure will be fixable.  Everything is fixable with the will to do so....

But nothing that has been said so far has been true.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:15:27 PM

You need more than will, you need electricity.

Of course any blockchain is fixable given enough hashing power.

But even if the dev actually wanted to secure the chain the hashpower to do so is lacking.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:20:38 PM

I have fixed my block crawler and it is syncing to the correct chain. My wallets are kept neutral from the exchange wallets on purpose and I failed to update in time. I am currently out of town and failed to update before I left. It should be fully synced in a few minutes

Cryptsy was updated in time. There is nothing to worry about Smiley Sorry about that....

...LOL

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:24:28 PM

You need more than will, you need electricity.

Of course any blockchain is fixable given enough hashing power.

But even if the dev actually wanted to secure the chain the hashpower to do so is lacking.

-MarkM-

No, i actually mean will.  Hashpower doesn't fix anything, it just maintains and secures.  Keeps the system running smoothly.

But the will is: in writing and fixing through code, and the will of the people in the network to update the latest code.

All of crypto is made possible by smart devs and code.. not by hash power or miners.  Miners and hashpower are just a necessary evil to patch one security vulnerability, they are byproducts.. not the core of bitcoin.  Code & distribution power > hashpower.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:41:29 PM

You're that jaded that innovation means auroracoin to you? You keep regurgitating the same talking points and talking up theft as if its ever a good thing. bxc and his ilk offer no solutions other than to take money straight out of peoples hands. Nothing stand up about that.

I don't think this is about "talking up theft" at all.

It's about pointing out that auroracoin was insecure and that the developers didn't give a toss about it's insecurity and neither did it's community (because they weren't bothering to mine it but were waiting for air-drops instead!). As an aside, since when is money "free"? You either earn it through mining, or earn it through work and use earned money to buy more coins.

If it could be taken down so quickly and easily by some anonymous guy with a botnet, then the Icelandic govt could also have taken it down too. So what's the point of this coin (apart from making the developer rich on false hype)?

If people are serious about cryptos, they'll make them robust against all comers. If they're not serious and are looking for a quick pump and collapse - well at least be honest that you are not serious, and don't whine when it collapses.

Don't get me wrong I fully agree with you but the way its being done is completly wrong. If I were to go out and hack someones bank accout exposing a security flaw in the banking system would I be looked at as some sort of hero? Nah..My ass would be locked up in gaol for a long time. The real "heroes" are the guys that see the problem and help fix it without fucking over thousands of people.

Agreed. It is better to be constructive than to start knocking holes in the boat we are all on. Bitcoin and cryptos are about psychology in terms of widespread public adoption. If people think their Bitcoin can be "killed" by some government, they won't trust it or invest in it. Almost nobody will care or get what machines or algorithms secure anything, nor understand it, just more ammo to use against Bitcoin and all Alts.

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:46:27 PM

Any country coin or airdrop receiver should be obligated to secure their own blockchain.  Every one of the what .05% now population of Iceland who have claimed coins could have loaded up a wallet qt and put the built in cpu miner towards it for a few hours.  Heck while they figure out how to import their keys and research what to do with the coins.  It should be required as part of the redemption process to recieve their coins.  
Side note +1 for a POS secured national sized airdrop.  
And thumbs up to BCX for making me nervous about my low haspower coin speculation.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
MegaHertz

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:48:23 PM

I am an Icelander.  I have been watching all night because I KNEW that there was a HARD FORK coming.

Whether or not there was some hacking, which maybe there was, it seems that the coin is still operating.

Here is the thing, Icelanders have really gotten hit by the 2008 crash.  People lost homes and have seen mortgages go UP and principal down (in effect, because mortgages are tied to inflation)  and have had some reality biting them in the ass.

But it wasnt their fault, it was the banking system and some bankers that let them down.

That is why there was a 50% pre-mine.  To give the coins to Icelanders.  Just because they didnt know about protecting block-chains, this was a poor excuse (if true) for a hacker to try to mess up a valid idea, a grand experiment, to try to offer some help to fellow Icelanders.

I am in a friend of a friend connection to the Developer, Baldur, and have had some online discussions with him.

He is as honorable as I can tell, and has no intention of getting rich off of this coin, though obviously he has a financial stake in the coin as it has been his life for over 3 months now.  

Now maybe I will get some push-back from some member here, but that is okay.  

The human spirit will prevail over evil.... even if that evil is even coming from within the CryptoCommunity.

Auroracoin is not the end-all of what can be done, but here in Iceland it is the beginning for us....  

We are continuing to build our trade here in Iceland, and guess what, the coins are trading for 5 x the global exchange rate now.... reminds me of another coin that became the big kid on the block.  

We made it through Eyjafjallajökull, and we made it through WWII with more losses per capital than most nations, and we will make it through until the end, which of course will just be the beginning of a thousand years of peace.... when evil-hackers will be long gone and replaced by with hackers who do not hack code for destructive purposes, but will be developers of great ideas.  

Pray for those that purposefully try to destroy you.

-MegaHertz
_noname_

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:50:02 PM

Agreed. It is better to be constructive than to start knocking holes in the boat we are all on. Bitcoin and cryptos are about psychology in terms of widespread public adoption. If people think their Bitcoin can be "killed" by some government, they won't trust it or invest in it. Almost nobody will care or get what machines or algorithms secure anything, nor understand it, just more ammo to use against Bitcoin and all Alts.

Ditto. Auroracoin has gained so much attention that it will be everyone's loss to see it fail by some attack. Every government will get ammo to be against crypros. And normal people, who have only heard of these from nerdy friends will simply reject it. Failing the entire crypto currency movement.
DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:54:43 PM

How many history lessons are we going to get from Icelanders over and over again about their economy?

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:55:31 PM

These scams themselves are the evil that lowers confidence in cryptocurrencies.

The crap is crap because it is crap, not because people point out that it is crap nor demonstrate that it is crap.

Trying not to show people how much they have been scammed is not the answer to scams.

Avoid such scams in the first place.

If Icelanders like the chosen method of sharing out coins to them, great, create a secure ledger that does not require miners and go ahead and issue using that same method.

For example Icelanders could create a currency on Ripple and issue it to all Icelanders, and they will not need the insanely ridiculously crazy-huge expense of miners in order to secure their currency.

As it is not only do they now have an insanely insecure garbage crapcoin, they also have to pay 50% of it plus transaction fees to miners even though miners are not even actually securing the damn thing.

Use Ripple or a Ripple clone or a NXT clone or something.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:58:14 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 06:13:13 PM by markm

Ditto. Auroracoin has gained so much attention that it will be everyone's loss to see it fail by some attack. Every government will get ammo to be against crypros. And normal people, who have only heard of these from nerdy friends will simply reject it. Failing the entire crypto currency movement.

Upholding scams, allowing scammers to profit by scams and so on is far far worse.

That people fell for the scam is sad, they they will be hurt is good as it will hopefully help them learn that it is not good to fall for scams.

Rewarding them for falling for scams and rewarding scammers for perpetuating scams will merely lead to more scams.

Basically you are arguing that criminals should profit from crime so that they can afford to pay damages to offset slightly some of the harm they caused to their victims, or maybe even that criminals should be allowed to profit so that everyone who helped them popularise and perpetrate the crime can also profit.

-MarkM-

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:10:46 PM

I am an Icelander.  I have been watching all night because I KNEW that there was a HARD FORK coming.

Whether or not there was some hacking, which maybe there was, it seems that the coin is still operating.

Here is the thing, Icelanders have really gotten hit by the 2008 crash.  People lost homes and have seen mortgages go UP and principal down (in effect, because mortgages are tied to inflation)  and have had some reality biting them in the ass.

But it wasnt their fault, it was the banking system and some bankers that let them down.

That is why there was a 50% pre-mine.  To give the coins to Icelanders.  Just because they didnt know about protecting block-chains, this was a poor excuse (if true) for a hacker to try to mess up a valid idea, a grand experiment, to try to offer some help to fellow Icelanders.

Everyone on the entire planet got screwed over by the banking crisis! Even goatherders in Africa felt it's effects. And many depositors in Britain and the Netherlands got screwed over by Icelandic banks essentially stealing their money and then they got screwed over again by the Icelandic govt refusing to honor the guarantee that they'd freely given for those deposits!

So the idea that Icelanders are poor things, worse victims than everywhere else is quite wrong. And the idea that they are a special case and should be given free money and it's not their fault for being too lazy to do some mining on an old computer... words fail. This is not like mining bitcoin, there was so little difficulty that anyone could have done it if they wanted to.

Look - if you don't want to trust your government to defend your currency, and want to create an alternative, you have to do the defending yourself. Just being passive and expecting everything to be done for you, foreign people to mine it for you, foreign people to develop it, foreign people to secure the blockchain, people in panama to do airdrops ... come on! This is not how the world works.

Also - auroracoin wasn't hacked, it was attacked. This is the crypto version of attacks that go on in the forex markets eg the attacks on the euro, the currrent forex attacks on the rouble and the brazilian real. This is how the world works, how it will always work. But you can defend yourself, if you can be bothered...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 06:14:43 PM

Ripple is maybe ideal for this, actually.

Issue a new currency on Ripple, and hand it out to Icelanders.

Very cheap, no vast expense to pay miners who in any case aren't actually bothering to do their job, no need to give 50% of your currency to foreigners.

-MarkM-

Ibistru

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:15:59 PM

If you need crypto-currencies in Iceland just use Bitcoin or Litecon.

Auroracoin is dead. Good riddance, since it was just another shitcoin scam.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:18:27 PM

Ripple is maybe ideal for this, actually.

Issue a new currency on Ripple, and hand it out to Icelanders.

Very cheap, no vast expense to pay miners who in any case aren't actually bothering to do their job, no need to give 50% of your currency to foreigners.

-MarkM-

And no expense probably means no value either... Better to keep the krona as at least that is backed by the Icelandic govt's tax raising powers!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: