Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:41:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113398 times)
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:56:07 AM

@MarkM @BCX

Either take my bet. Prove to everyone that you are indeed capable of attacking the blockchain. Or please go away if all you can say is hash mumble hash. And saying it's too small a reward is completely missing the point.

The people who have created these systems are far more capable and intelligent than the likes of you. Intelligent response to a vulnerability is to find a solution for it. You are all but talk and no substance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:57:56 AM

@MarkM @BCX

Either take my bet. Prove to everyone that you are indeed capable of attacking the blockchain. Or please go away if all you can say is hash mumble hash. And saying it's too small a reward is completely missing the point.

I too am still waiting to see BCX's attack in action. I do not know how much longer it is expected to take to catch up and take effect, nor even whether it was started yet nor, if so, when it was started.

Maybe the coin failed so hard all by itself BCX decided why bother to attack as it already died, or something like that. I do not know. BCX, what is going on with that?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:02:13 AM

I too am still waiting to see BCX's attack in action. I do not know how much longer it is expected to take to catch up and take effect, nor even whether it was started yet nor, if so, when it was started.

Maybe the coin failed so hard all by itself BCX decided why bother to attack as it already died, or something like that. I do not know. BCX, what is going on with that?

-MarkM-

You will be waiting forever. Because if your understanding of timewarp is that BCX will mine a long chain for days and replace it. You have no idea what you are talking about. That's obvious. But you also don't know what timewarp is. Like BCX you just read a tech jargon and think you understand it.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:11:13 AM

Math already explained how it works and how it is that Aurora is vulnerable to it, all that remains to be seen is whether Aurora's hash power is sufficiently greater than that of the attacker. If that is not what Math said please do translate what he was trying to explain, as it seemed a pretty clear explanation.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:14:15 AM

Math already explained how it works and how it is that Aurora is vulnerable to it, all that remains to be seen is whwther Aurora's hash power is sufficiently greater than that of the attacker. If that is not what Math said please do translate what he was trying to explain, as it seemed a pretty clear explanation.

-MarkM-

Before writing my description for this. I want BCX to either publicly deny or accept the challenge. I know his only option is that he won't be able to do this. But I want him to write this. If he accepts. He should publicly state that he will invalidate the blockchain. He should do it from either genesis block (I will double my wager to 100 AUR or BTC equivalent today) or from block 5400 whichever is easier for him.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:15:30 AM

Cool.

-MarkM-

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:53:22 AM

so when can we expect fireworks from you?

go fuck something up, need some entertainment here.  Angry

You sound like you missed the best money making opportunity of the year so far.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:24:43 AM

Look, at the end of the day, the Aurora dev came through on his promise and started delivering the coins. I like how the goal post has been moved from, "The dev is going to run off with and dump the premine" to "The dev and his supporters didn't secure the block chain"

What will it be next week if AUR continues to hang on or rises? I don't own any AUR but I respect a man of his word, I bet not one single member of this Operation Scamcoin cleanup would have the integrity to sit on a valuable premine and not cash out.

the question is CAN the guy cash out his premine and when ?
why give the cloner credit for holding them when he's stuck holding them ? and following a pattern of waiting until they are worth more too.. aka the usual.

and yeah our excuses will keep coming back because of one simple reason.. the COIN CLONERS put themselves in these positions ON PURPOSE for a reason.
if someone coincidentally always ends up sitting in front of my wallet time after time i have to consider maybe it's not a coincidence
and further more i have to remind myself that 100 guys before hand had done the same thing AND robbed me..
you wanna spin this it's different this time bullshit and i don't buy it.. scammer is scammer just like like 1,000 scammers that came before.
Premine + excuses for why a premine is needed = coin cloner makes money and you make a little and then do all the work defending it for him.. RINSE & REPEAT HOURLY

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

bs period .

AUR is a new level of scam. It was a ploy and a new angle for scammyness and an excuse to post another clone..
after all, how many other Country based coins have been made so far ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:29:17 AM

go fuck something up, need some entertainment here.  Angry

old retort.. we've heard that one before  Roll Eyes
maybe try your jealous or you have poor spelling or grammar.

and Free Market Facist Blah blah blah ..that is an ole' stand by too Wink

edit:
and the 4 coins in your sig really give what you say some credibility too lol
EarthCoin, AnimeCoin, DigiByte and Velocitycoin

FUD first & ask questions later™
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:31:20 AM

old retort.. we've heard that one before  Roll Eyes
maybe try your jealous or you have poor spelling or grammar.

And what do you make of this then?

May BCX and MARKM never find peace. May they have many ugly WAGs.
you sound like a bagholder.

lphelps

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:21:43 AM

Yawn!!!!

god damn 22 pages of this shit... I've never seen so many fucking losers with a hardon to see AUR fail..

looks like it hit the bottom and it's now going back up... probably a micro pump and dump..

wouldn't surprise me if BCX is secretly buying a shitload to pump it up so he can make some BTC off of it..
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:33:42 AM

sorry, i rode AUR's pump and dump.

in at 0.03, out at 0.11, unlike idiots that end up as bagholders.

Grin

Before writing my description for this. I want BCX to either publicly deny or accept the challenge. I know his only option is that he won't be able to do this. But I want him to write this. If he accepts. He should publicly state that he will invalidate the blockchain. He should do it from either genesis block (I will double my wager to 100 AUR or BTC equivalent today) or from block 5400 whichever is easier for him.

Geez, I actually partied a little hearty last night and had a killer hang over, so excuse me if I wasn't watching every post.

Sure thing, 50BTC is that all you can throw down LOL...

Let's find a trusted escrow, now it's on you.

The KGW TW exploit is catching up and will cross the median point toward catching up in the next few hours. It may take a couple of more days but you're definitely going to start feel it before then, already you are starting to see erratic block times.

~BCX~

aw yissssssss

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:12:32 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:31:35 AM by YarkoL

Thus trying to implement something that in a decentralized way do automatic checkpointing would be a flawed concept, because you need some way of peer agreement (and/or centralizing)

What about this kind of system:

Client monitors the network hashrate.
If the network hashrate climbs too rapidly, client asks the user if she would like to make a checkpoint (block at bestheight - N). The checkpoints go to a file in the data directory.

Users can adjust the tolerance for hashrate change, from "never make checkpoints" to "write checkpoint even when there's a tiny change".
While this sounds like recipe for chaos, in practice I think most of the users would just leave the tolerance to its default setting, thus ensuring consensus.

Perhaps peers could also send their tolerance parameter to each other, and the client calculates their average for informational purposes. That would make it completely decentralized.

“God does not play dice"
_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:53:57 AM

Geez, I actually partied a little hearty last night and had a killer hang over, so excuse me if I wasn't watching every post.

Let's find a trusted escrow, now it's on you.

The KGW TW exploit is catching up and will cross the median point toward catching up in the next few hours. It may take a couple of more days but you're definitely going to start feel it before then, already you are starting to see erratic block times.

~BCX~

With reading comprehension and writing skills like yours. I am surprised there are old members in this forum trying to give you any credibility. What a loser. And everyone who paid him any attention is an idiot.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:20:01 AM

~BCX~

Are you this guy by any chance ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuRvthgn4U
SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:30:02 AM

what does it mean when it is forked and its game over now? I dont get this man! I live in country and should I redeem or wait?

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:31:38 AM

And everyone who paid him any attention is an idiot.

Roll Eyes
_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:34:01 AM

And everyone who paid him any attention is an idiot.

Roll Eyes

Haha. I know but you are referring to Smiley. I meant everyone who sold at this FUD. I am trying to get and spread the facts.

Also,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551215.0
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:35:36 AM

May BCX and MARKM never find peace. May they have many ugly WAGs.
you sound like a bagholder.
May their tits be bigger than their asses.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:38:12 AM

what does it mean when it is forked and its game over now? I dont get this man! I live in country and should I redeem or wait?

Blockchains are insanely expensive to secure, and no one seems willing to pay the cost of securing this one.

Thus if you want to secure any value your coins in this one might have, you might be well advised to exchange them for something more secure, such as:

- Coins of a blockchain that is paying the massive cost involved in securing blockchains or that is merged mined, by many miners, alongside a family of merged mined coins that are between them all paying the massive cost and are all enjoying the resulting very expensive security in proportion to how many of the miners are including that particular coin's chain in their merged mining; or

- Coins of some system that does not rely upon proof of work (which is the horribly horribly massively expensive part of securing a proof of work blockchain); or

- Some other store of value, such as gold or education or belly-fat you can live on between meals or whatever; or

- Some depreciating thing that you know is going to lose value but that you might have some use for nonetheless, such as fiat currency.

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: