Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:51:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113398 times)
Mk2vr6

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:58:21 AM

Why do people feel the need to police such matters, and be the voice on what is and isn't supposedly a scam.

How about vetting exchanges before allowing them to advertise there services on here?

I'd wager a bet that more people have lost money through dodgy exchanges over all of the 'Scam-Coins' combined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:01:50 AM

Aurora dead or not it's not depend on you and your attack

But it will depend of the icelander if they will adopt this crypto in their country
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 09:09:50 AM

But it will depend of the icelander if they will adopt this crypto in their country

But not only that, unfortunately.

It will also depend upon whether they are willing and able to outbid all the other scrypt coins for mining services to secure their blockchain, which is a losing proposition for all non merged mined coins since the more such coins there are the more leverage the miners have to extort higher and higher pay for picking any particular coin to momentarily mine - momentarily meaning until some other coin decides to pay even more to bribe them to come defend it instead.

Hiring mercenaries to secure national treasuries didn't historically work out well, did it? At least I recall reading one of the future-war type sci-fi authors such as maybe Pournelle or someone like that illustrating the problem with that, and implying it was a problem already seen in history, by transplanting into the future the basic strategy of how such mercenaries go about exploiting the nations foolish enough to fall into their trap. It began, of course, by having the nations all bid for the services of the alien mercenaries... That is, by "divide and conquer", getting the nations to bid against each other instead of to co-operate (in this analogy, to co-operate means to merged mine instead of letting the miners get them bidding against each other for the services of the miners).

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:49:58 AM

It will also depend upon whether they are willing and able to outbid all the other scrypt coins for mining services to secure their blockchain, which is a losing proposition for all non merged mined coins since the more such coins there are the more leverage the miners have to extort higher and higher pay for picking any particular coin to momentarily mine - momentarily meaning until some other coin decides to fork out even more to pay them to come defend it instead.

I don't see it like this.

Although that's technically true, we are in the growth phase of all cryptocurrencies. As long as there's a reasonable amount of hashpower around to protect the ones that developed a significant level of socio-economic network effect during that growth period then the sector as a whole will grow.

The fact that there are theoretical (and in some cases practical) risks just has to be accepted because there are so many other priorities in play.

It's the "socio-economic" part that's significant here, not whatever technical specs the coin has. There are all kinds of 'anchors' for cryptocurrencies to gain a foothold into the world financial system. I agree that 'national coin' is possibly not a long term prospect, but it definitely is at the moment because it provides for an early-adopter scenario that's far more realistic that the global one. Watching Bitcoin try to gain a foothold in commerce is like watching paint dry. The global market is just far too huge to make that leap at once on a such a scale. On the other hand, micro-economies like Iceland with capital controls and a disaster of a fiat currency are much more fertile ground.

They also happen to be a highly educated population who are into new technology in a big way and may just take to this like ducks to water - especially if they see the value start to rise.

Look at it this way. They've now got 2 places to put their money instead of one:

[1] - a highly levered proxy money that gets devalued on a periodic basis by their government by up to 20% at a time

[2] - an unlevered base money with a limited supply who's value is likely to start accruing from here

The coin's only been out a few days and already it's seen casual use in more sectors than Bitcoin did in 3 years. There's huge potential for a virtuous cycle of commerce, value accrual and promotion being set up. Forget about talk of "dumping for bitcoin" or "dumping for dollars". Were talking about ordinary people here who don't wile away their lives on cryptocurrency exchanges or reading bitcointalk threads. It's easier for them either just to hold onto it or spend it on some gardening stuff that they can pick up from half a mile away.

Add to that the fact that the airdrop will be continuing for up to a year and EVERYONE's going to get some. This project isn't disappearing anytime soon - it's only just starting in my opinion and if it goes anywhere socially then it will attract all the hashing power it needs to "protect the network".

If you know anything at all about Icelandic people and economy, this is an extremely interesting situation. It should be supported instead of dismissed because if it works it will light a fire under Bitcoin and the whole viability of cryptocurrencies around the world.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:05:51 AM

By the way, everyone: AUR nearly doubled over the last day at Cryptsy. I'm just noting it, as I'm locked in elsewhere and couldn't do a thing about it even if I wanted to, but anyone who stepped up to the plate yesterday did pretty well.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:18:19 AM

By the way, everyone: AUR nearly doubled over the last day at Cryptsy. I'm just noting it, as I'm locked in elsewhere and couldn't do a thing about it even if I wanted to, but anyone who stepped up to the plate yesterday did pretty well.

Þarna sjáið þið.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:19:43 AM

oh this is like the good ole days.

Not secure the network and get PWNED.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:20:42 AM

Adoption has a lot to do with SECURING the blockchain.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:34:43 AM

Adoption has a lot to do with SECURING the blockchain.

I think you mean "securing the blockchain has everything to do with adoption".
thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:42:37 AM

May BCX and MARKM never find peace. May they have many ugly WAGs.
you sound like a bagholder.
May their tits be bigger than their asses.

oh Lloydie! I missed you man!
thaaanos

Activity: 370

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:52:30 AM

But not only that, unfortunately.

It will also depend upon whether they are willing and able to outbid all the other scrypt coins for mining services to secure their blockchain, which is a losing proposition for all non merged mined coins since the more such coins there are the more leverage the miners have to extort higher and higher pay for picking any particular coin to momentarily mine - momentarily meaning until some other coin decides to pay even more to bribe them to come defend it instead.

Maybe there is hope for Aurora?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526757.0
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:15:01 AM

so when can we expect fireworks from you?

go fuck something up, need some entertainment here.  Angry

You sound like you missed the best money making opportunity of the year so far.

sorry, i rode AUR's pump and dump.

in at 0.03, out at 0.11, unlike idiots that end up as bagholders.

Grin

Tempted to post a screenshot of my wallet solomining AUR at start but don't want anymore idiots crying realizing 3x profit wasn't actually the "opportunity of the year".

Grin
flinchy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:47:28 PM

GOLD

was wondering why it was like $3.80 a coin, was about to buy a few hundred

glad i googled why the price was low

51% attack and 3 forks?

i'll be shocked if it recovers.
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:56:43 PM

May BCX and MARKM never find peace. May they have many ugly WAGs.
you sound like a bagholder.
May their tits be bigger than their asses.

oh Lloydie! I missed you man!
I missed you too man.  Grin
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:58:08 PM

Better shout a bit louder.

I don't think the market heard you.
DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:06:32 PM

I have an interest in Aurorcoin as I have a friend in Iceland who alerted me to it knowing of my interest in Bitcoin and have been watching this thread with a mixture of sadness and amusement.

First let me say I don't own any AUR, I have tried mining pretty unsuccesfully but I believe that the idea behind the coin is a good one, if only because Iceland is the only country that gave the EU the finger and tried to go it alone though it seems that their politicians have made the common Icelandic people take all the hurt.

Now to the point of this post, it seems there are 2 main antagonists who are constantly criticizing this coin as well as other coins.

BitcoinEXpress and markm, both longtime posters who joined in 2011.

BitcoinEXpress was in critical mode by his third post and warned by the mods for posting unsubstantiated accusations.

"[Mod]: BitcoinExpress either share the link so we can all see what you see or dont say anything. Stop the childish attitude. Dont thread to show, just show. If you mean well for the Bitcoin community, give us the information. Otherwise we will asume you are lying."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32604.msg410112#msg410112

markm was showing what appears to be disdain for anything that appears on this forum, especially anything altcoin related.

"I kind of envisioned some nations deliberately buying and selling their own currency among their own sock-puppets constantly deliberately to create high volumes at high prices precisely for the purpose of convincing speculators that there is money to be made with that currency..."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1388.msg42738#msg42738

Looking through a few of their posts it is obvious that both are quite intelligent which begs the question
"why join the Bitcoin forum and community and stay for three years when right from the start you are posting negativity?"

My initial thoughts are these guys are possibly, along with others, employed by either government or financial institutions to spread FUD and discredit the idea of decentralised cryptocurrency as an alternative to the failed fiat system.

Sadly looking at Bitcoin's recent price drop their efforts are working.
endlessred

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:08:50 PM

GOLD

was wondering why it was like $3.80 a coin, was about to buy a few hundred

glad i googled why the price was low

51% attack and 3 forks?

i guess you are pretty shocked right now.
helloweeed

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

why the prize is up and up and up and up and up......  Cheesy
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:30:59 PM

Let's get status:

- Are there still forks?
- If yes, is balduro working on fixing them?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:37:18 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 01:49:34 PM by toknormal

My initial thoughts are these guys are possibly, along with others, employed by either government or financial institutions to spread FUD and discredit the idea of decentralised cryptocurrency as an alternative to the failed fiat system.

LoL. If only it were such grand a mission  Cheesy

In fact they're employed by their own egos to grind out antagonistic monotone in each of the forum threads that might make a difference in order to mitigate polite, diverse and constructive contributions from posters with a range of backgrounds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: